“Third world hotel”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Room #217. As you open the door ,you run back out from the odor ,carpet stained . the electric outlet without cover. and the couch is stained and old ,even the room door frame paint is peeling. Believe me that hotel needs major update and remodeling

Room Tip: Do not stay on second floor
2  Thank yas11han6

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The 5 times I have gone to AC I have stayed at the Taj, Showboat, AC Club & Casino, Bally's Claridge Tower, Trump Plaza and Revel. This visit I could not bring myself to pay their prices as they were higher than I was accustomed to mid-week. I was really scared to stay at this hotel with less stars but of all the hotels I read reviews for, this hotel's reviews were the ones that made me the least uneasy. It was a very pleasant surprise...the renovation of 2012 made the place a comfortable, clean, not at all shabby place to stay. The breakfast room was large with plenty of variety. The staff called the minute I got to the room to make sure all was fine. I had arrived after reading reviews that the rooms smelled of smoke so my nose was on alert. I never smelled smoke during the entire stay and as I was on alert I did think the room smelled a little musty and told this to the front desk.The front desk clerk quickly came and sprayed the room and the room smelled fine from then on. I was traveling with my two young sons and felt the parking lot and hotel was safe as we arrived back to the hotel after 11 PM having spent the day at the beach and boardwalk. I parked at the Taj when we went to the beach and I probably felt safer getting in the car at the Taj late at night with the boys and staying at the Comfort Inn North than had we stayed at motel a few blocks off the boardwalk and had to walk there after dinner on the boardwalk. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future AC visits when the prices are high on the boardwalk. The only downside I can of this hotel is that they do not have a pool and an indoor pool at that to enjoy during cool weather visits to AC. It took me 12 minutes to drive to the Taj during the day and at night.

Room Tip: I did not pay extra for a view of AC but by the elevator one could see a nice view of AC lit up at n...
2  Thank Dorancito
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel was affordable, close to Atlantic City, Free Shuttle to Atlantic City, rooms were nice. However the rooms were too small for a family of 5, our room key didn't work at first, our hotel door broke and wouldn't lock. The images on the website make the hotel look much better than it really is. It's a little out dated. Comfortable stay, friendly and nice staff.

2  Thank SouthhillsCritic
Reviewed August 2, 2013

nice hotel and only 5 mins away from everything. Shuttle bus takes you to casinos which are 3 mins away from boardwalk & steel pier. Breakfast was nice & stayed stocked it was a plus for me & my family. Stayed for 1 night it was reasonably priced. I would stay here again.NO POOL!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank t m
Reviewed July 22, 2013

First I booked the wrong date and the guy at front desk rembered who I was and didn't charge for not cancelling, when I showed up the next day he gave me the same rate I woulda got the previous night, he is always helpful and now they have a shuttle to casino not to mention nice size roo.s that are clean and comfortable plus good rates and a nice breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms are basically the same you can pay couple extra dollars for a city view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sometimes, reviewers can be overly harsh with negative reviews. Disappointment is a product of expectations and sometimes, expectations are just too unrealistic. I've stayed at Ritz-Carlton properties and I've stayed at Choice Hotels brand properties. In both cases, I know what to expect. The Comfort Inn in North Abescon failed to meet even the lowest of expectations. In this instance, absolutely pay attention to the negative reviews. I'll start with a positive, though, and mention that the front desk did grant my request at check in, for a room high up and away from the elevator. Room 703 fit that bill. Once we entered the room, it was another story. Everything just looked run down and dirty. The bed spreads looked like they haven't been washed in years. The carpet was horribly stained (pretty bad if you can see stains on dark carpet). I made sure my mate kept his slippers on the entire time while we were in the room and in the bathroom. YUCK! Just YUCK! I'm sorry that I am not being very articulate right now, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. Even though I wanted to leave, I made it work because it was one night and we only needed a place to lay our heads without spending a lot of money. Free breakfast was bedlam and we decided to skip it. No one was really "policing" the food line and so people, with bare hands, were reaching into the food. I know that hotel staff can only do so much about customers' bad behavior, but a little supervision and customer service-friendly reminders about keeping sanitary habits would be much appreciated by all. I'm not a germophobe -- just a reasonable person avoiding gastro-intestinal bugs. Let me say again that I have stayed at other Choice Hotel brand properties in other parts of the country and most of them were fine and provided good value.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel? If stuck here, then higher floors and far away from elevators. You'll...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JojoRockville
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one evening. The hotel is updated and the rooms look recently updated.We requested a non-smoking room being that I have allergies. The first room we were given, as soon as the door was open the smell of smoke hit us. We were given a second room which smelt much better for about an hour then the smoke smell was kicking in. Housekeeping came and sprayed but a little while later the smell was back. The whole floor was labeled as smoke-free. The front desk was pleasant but I will not be back. The smell was too strong for me.The beds are not so comfortabable, can use an update.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dtl5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
1 mi away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!