“Very high "ick" factor!”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very high "ick" factor!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sometimes, reviewers can be overly harsh with negative reviews. Disappointment is a product of expectations and sometimes, expectations are just too unrealistic. I've stayed at Ritz-Carlton properties and I've stayed at Choice Hotels brand properties. In both cases, I know what to expect. The Comfort Inn in North Abescon failed to meet even the lowest of expectations. In this instance, absolutely pay attention to the negative reviews. I'll start with a positive, though, and mention that the front desk did grant my request at check in, for a room high up and away from the elevator. Room 703 fit that bill. Once we entered the room, it was another story. Everything just looked run down and dirty. The bed spreads looked like they haven't been washed in years. The carpet was horribly stained (pretty bad if you can see stains on dark carpet). I made sure my mate kept his slippers on the entire time while we were in the room and in the bathroom. YUCK! Just YUCK! I'm sorry that I am not being very articulate right now, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. Even though I wanted to leave, I made it work because it was one night and we only needed a place to lay our heads without spending a lot of money. Free breakfast was bedlam and we decided to skip it. No one was really "policing" the food line and so people, with bare hands, were reaching into the food. I know that hotel staff can only do so much about customers' bad behavior, but a little supervision and customer service-friendly reminders about keeping sanitary habits would be much appreciated by all. I'm not a germophobe -- just a reasonable person avoiding gastro-intestinal bugs. Let me say again that I have stayed at other Choice Hotel brand properties in other parts of the country and most of them were fine and provided good value.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel? If stuck here, then higher floors and far away from elevators. You'll...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JojoRockville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
new jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one evening. The hotel is updated and the rooms look recently updated.We requested a non-smoking room being that I have allergies. The first room we were given, as soon as the door was open the smell of smoke hit us. We were given a second room which smelt much better for about an hour then the smoke smell was kicking in. Housekeeping came and sprayed but a little while later the smell was back. The whole floor was labeled as smoke-free. The front desk was pleasant but I will not be back. The smell was too strong for me.The beds are not so comfortabable, can use an update.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dtl5
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on vacation to Atlantic City. Hotel is cloce to AC and its a very easy drive.

The hotel looked older on the outside, however was almost entirely brand new inside from recent renovations, I assume from the hurricane.

Staff were very helpful and kind. Nothing overly special worth noting, but nothing negative to say. What I expected from this brand of hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank A1_Daddy
Mount Airy
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in February for business. This was a horrible hotel. The bed spreads had holes in them, dragging on the dirty floors. Everithing (sheets, pillows, towels),was old and dingy. I asked for another room after entering the first one. Well, the second one was worse then the first one. The owner did not care. Since I had it pre-paid through the Priceline there was a cold treatment from the owner. He ran the lobby, the guest rooms, the check ins, and it was basicaly a "the one man show".
I had to stay there for two days and could not wait to check out. I will never, never stay there again, even if I had to sleep in my car. FILTHY!!!!!!

P.S.
Don't be fooled by the looks of the outside of the building.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bo W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked a room for an overnight stay and were very happy with the accomodations. The hotel's lobby was very appealing and the front desk staff also pleasant. Our room was spacious and clean and we were glad to have a refrigerator. The dining room for breakfast was large and accomodated many guests. The buffet had usual variety for breakfast and two waffle makers. It was a
pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eileen P
Jersey
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Utilized this hotel for an overnight stay. The outside was not too welcoming; however, the inside was pretty decent. Easy check-in/check-out. Clean room. Clean bathroom. No noise. Free shuttle to casinos. Free breakfast but didn't eat. Reasonably priced, much less than staying on or closer to boardwalk. Allowed a late checkout w no hesitation.

First room door did not lock when closed...mgt. quickly reassigned room. Vending machine also did not work. Overall good stay - will refer friends and family. Will likely stay again in July when Beyonce comes to town.

Room Tip: City view facing the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meeeshia
Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked this hotel because we had an early flight from AC airport and dinner with friends the night before the flight in AC. I was a bit nervous after reading some reviews. Our goal for this night was to have a central location between airport and AC and a clean bed. Well if that is all you want I think you should book this hotel. The bed and rest of room was better then I expected. nothing fancy but it seemed pretty clean and comfy. Maybe we were lucky with our room but next time i will try this hotel again if we have an early flight. We only paid $27 for the night on price line....pretty amazing for what we got.....For the rest don;t expect anything else. Location is on the bay but nothing near the hotel....it's a 10 minute drive away from AC and 10/15 min from the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dutchlove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!