“Would rather have paid extra to stay on the boardwalk.”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here this past weekend the lady that worked the night audit shift was very nice and pleasant. That was the only nice thing about the hotel....the hallways were extremely hot and breakfast was disgusting. I tried to fix a plate and take it to my room since there was not ample seating in the breakfast room but ended up trashing it because the sausage was undercooked and the croissants seemed stale! We ended up finding a Burger King to eat breakfast...even the soda machines on each floor didn't seem to be keeping the sodas or water cold as the two sodas we purchased were lukewarm. The kicker of our stay at this hotel is that on saturday night really sunday morning 2am when we were trying to sleep a drunken guest fell on our Locked door and our door bust wide open! So much for locks....this hotel needs to really step it's game up!

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here august 13th to the 14th.the guy at the front desk was ok and gave me a room at the end of the hallway but thats the only good thing.the hallway to the room has no air at all.it was so hot walking down it.the carpet in the hallway looked old and dirty.the room itself was outdated with stains on the carpet and a tv that had alot of static on it.the room had a outdated air conditioner that barely worked.the room was so hot when we arrived and the ac when turned on helped very little.the room was very dusty and didnt look like its been clean in awhile.the comfortner on the bed even had stains on it.the thing that really suprised me that even some of the towels in the bathroom had stains on it and looked dirty.the toilet even looked like it hasnt been cleaned.we couldnt wait to checkout the next day and leave this filthy hot place.i wouldn recommend this place to anyone.i say dont believe the good reviews that some people write about this place.i think they are far from the truth.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

i booked this hotel & was nervous at first because of all these reviews I read, but I'm glad they were all wrong (at least for us!) The front desk staff was very nice & helpful, we had an issue with our air conditioner not working and although it took a few calls and quite a while for the guy to come check it (although it didn't matter cuz we weren't in our room over that time frame anyways) they promptly moved us to a nicer room as soon as we returned. The rooms were large & clean, beds were awesome, breakfast good & great location! We enjoyed our stay & wil go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank adhrjh
Reviewed August 8, 2011

While the hotel is reasonably priced for the Atlantic City area (those are the pros), I cannot recommend it. We never received a room key : they told us when we checked in that there was a problem with the keying machine and it would be fixed shortly. They had a staff member take us to our room and let us in. Later that evening when we returned to the hotel, the machine was still not fixed, so another staff member let us in our room. The next morning - still not fixed, still no key!
We had to go to 3 different floors to find a working icemaker;. Not a biggie, but just added to the cons about this hotel. The room itself was just ok : it was relatively clean and the bed was comfortable. The room did have a funny smell to it (can't place it, but thank goodness I brought my febreze and lysol). The carpet near the window was wet and pulling from the floor - not sure if there was a problem with the air conditioner or something else...
Breakfast was a joke - very limited selection, and very poor quality. Coffee, however, was good.
Overall, not worth the "discounted" price we paid!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We reserve for one week at this hotel for a family trip, beach ect... on internet the photo was nice and it s seem appear clean. but after 12 hours in the car we arrive at the hotel and bad trip.... the parking was a big garbage ,chairs,table and smell very bad.The lobby window was very dirty and after the check in we go in our room. The second floor smell so bad in the corridor that i block my nose.We enter in our room and surprise....my view in my window is the parking garbage ...wow..the room was dirty and i don't have the courage for open the beds so, we found another hotel for the week and we live this horrible hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank simonannie
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Whatever you need the front desk would help you...very very hot in the hallways..they need air room very clean rooms....but I call. Myself laying in the bed before we hit the beach an my oh my....I got bite marks on me like 11 or 12 by bed bugs oh my gosh.....noooooo say it ain't so bed bugs....call and theymoved me from 3-5.....much better bui was scared to sleep at nite...please please check ur bed so this don't happen to u...

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank meme924
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I go to Atlantic City pretty much in the summer and we always stay at the Comfort Inn North. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and no it is not the Bellagio, but it is a nice comfortable place to sleep at a great price. The rooms are clean and large. Some of the hotel such as the hallways could be updated a bit, but really for the price it is nice.

The continental breakfast is awesome, last time we were there they had waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, yougurt, lots of pastries, cereal, oatmeal, juice. We have had alot of continental breakfasts at different hotels and this is by far the best. They have a large eating area as well.

Very nice and they are updating the hotel each time we go down there is something new.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!