“the worst comfort inn that i ever see...”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We reserve for one week at this hotel for a family trip, beach ect... on internet the photo was nice and it s seem appear clean. but after 12 hours in the car we arrive at the hotel and bad trip.... the parking was a big garbage ,chairs,table and smell very bad.The lobby window was very dirty and after the check in we go in our room. The second floor smell so bad in the corridor that i block my nose.We enter in our room and surprise....my view in my window is the parking garbage ...wow..the room was dirty and i don't have the courage for open the beds so, we found another hotel for the week and we live this horrible hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank simonannie

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Whatever you need the front desk would help you...very very hot in the hallways..they need air room very clean rooms....but I call. Myself laying in the bed before we hit the beach an my oh my....I got bite marks on me like 11 or 12 by bed bugs oh my gosh.....noooooo say it ain't so bed bugs....call and theymoved me from 3-5.....much better bui was scared to sleep at nite...please please check ur bed so this don't happen to u...

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank meme924
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I go to Atlantic City pretty much in the summer and we always stay at the Comfort Inn North. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and no it is not the Bellagio, but it is a nice comfortable place to sleep at a great price. The rooms are clean and large. Some of the hotel such as the hallways could be updated a bit, but really for the price it is nice.

The continental breakfast is awesome, last time we were there they had waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, yougurt, lots of pastries, cereal, oatmeal, juice. We have had alot of continental breakfasts at different hotels and this is by far the best. They have a large eating area as well.

Very nice and they are updating the hotel each time we go down there is something new.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I celebrated my birthday in Atlantic City and stayed at the Comfort Inn North. the room was clean, the service was great and the view was absolutely awesome. My friend enjoyed the continental breakfast while he watched tv and read the morning news paper. I'm hooked. i will definitely come back to stay. thanks to getty .... and the comfort inn family. :)

Room Tip: just be honest and asked them to put you in a room where there is a nice view... if possible
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was the grossest, dirtest hotel I have EVER stayed in. Where to I begin. The first room where we booked, the air did not work. They moved us to another room. It was a handicapped room. Raised toliet seat, handicapped sink, and handicappied metal bars on tub. Shower had a sprayer that sat in tub so you had to spray yourself. Place was gross! Bathroom smelled like Urine. Urine smell throughout room which they tried to cover up with carpet fresh. Terrible smell coming from air conditioner which made loud noises all night long and made all of us conjested and could not breath. Windows were fifthy! Carpet was buckled. Pink stains on wall and moldy ceiling tiles from water damage. The #1 complaint, bed sheets were dirty. Black public hairs on sheets, little black specks on sheets which resembled rodent dropping. Could actually see imprint of previous customer. Tried to call Hotels.com for another hotel and put on hold 4 times, disconnected and never returned my call. Hotel manager was rude and inconsiderate and barely spoke English. Told us we had 10 minutes to decide what we were doing or he was going to kick us out and book the room and he was charging my credit card which I already paid for the room through Hotels.com! Told us "Good Luck finding another hotel. Everything is booked up". Can you imagine! The outside of the hotel had overflowing trash cans and used condums on the ground. WIndows NEVER washed and in a very sketchy neighborhood. The hallways in the hotel on every floor had no air conditioning, the ice makers did not work anywhere in the hotel, the hallways smelled like urine. Every person we ran into that was staying there had the same complaints and were trying to get the hell out of there! Tried to get a refund and was told NOT ONE RED PENNY! I am contacting the Board of Health, BBB because this place should be shut down. If you read any positive reviews I am sure it is by the hotel management because I can't believe anyone would give this place a good review. They totally ruined my friends birthday celebration. WIll never books through Hotels.com again. They obviously do not check out these places before representing them. Remember if the place is cheap, you get what you pay for and I have learned my lesson. RUN! That is all I can say RUN!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We prepaid early for 2 nights for Memorial Day Weekend. The price was great. However, the hotel is run down. Parking is good. The hotel staff are friendly. They gave us a room that was unmade. So we called down and they switched us to a handicap room. That was good. Day two, we came back to our room at night and both keys were not working. We went down and they made up two keys and told us that their records showed us checking out. Since they switched our rooms they had their paperwork messed up. They must have checked our rooms and saw our luggage still in there, however they did not bother to have our room cleaned. We had to call for clean sheets and make up our own beds. No clean towels. Garbage in our pails. The ice machines did not work on all floor except 2 and 3. They said the other manfunctioned recently. Bull. There was mold in the ice machines and dirt in the vending areas. Pizza boxes, urine smell in the vending areas. The hallways smelled terrible. The lobby and elevators were dirty also. The air conditioning in the lobby and breakfast areas were not working. So glad to check out of this place. I would not return. Never Never. Yuck!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kps2play
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel islocated on Rt 30 just before entering Atlantic City. I stayed for over a week on a business trip this time (have stayed here before too quite a number of times with or without family since 2005). Excellent value for business or fun trips to the Atlantic City. Service quality is high-the front desk personnel are friendly. Breakfast quality is good . Get the Wall Street Journal in the morning. Rooms are standard large sized and kept clean. Pleasant experience and I plan on staying here when I am in the area next.

Room Tip: The front facing rooms best view
Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rikirini
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!