“Comfortable hotel for the price”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I go to Atlantic City pretty much in the summer and we always stay at the Comfort Inn North. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and no it is not the Bellagio, but it is a nice comfortable place to sleep at a great price. The rooms are clean and large. Some of the hotel such as the hallways could be updated a bit, but really for the price it is nice.

The continental breakfast is awesome, last time we were there they had waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, yougurt, lots of pastries, cereal, oatmeal, juice. We have had alot of continental breakfasts at different hotels and this is by far the best. They have a large eating area as well.

Very nice and they are updating the hotel each time we go down there is something new.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I celebrated my birthday in Atlantic City and stayed at the Comfort Inn North. the room was clean, the service was great and the view was absolutely awesome. My friend enjoyed the continental breakfast while he watched tv and read the morning news paper. I'm hooked. i will definitely come back to stay. thanks to getty .... and the comfort inn family. :)

Room Tip: just be honest and asked them to put you in a room where there is a nice view... if possible
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was the grossest, dirtest hotel I have EVER stayed in. Where to I begin. The first room where we booked, the air did not work. They moved us to another room. It was a handicapped room. Raised toliet seat, handicapped sink, and handicappied metal bars on tub. Shower had a sprayer that sat in tub so you had to spray yourself. Place was gross! Bathroom smelled like Urine. Urine smell throughout room which they tried to cover up with carpet fresh. Terrible smell coming from air conditioner which made loud noises all night long and made all of us conjested and could not breath. Windows were fifthy! Carpet was buckled. Pink stains on wall and moldy ceiling tiles from water damage. The #1 complaint, bed sheets were dirty. Black public hairs on sheets, little black specks on sheets which resembled rodent dropping. Could actually see imprint of previous customer. Tried to call Hotels.com for another hotel and put on hold 4 times, disconnected and never returned my call. Hotel manager was rude and inconsiderate and barely spoke English. Told us we had 10 minutes to decide what we were doing or he was going to kick us out and book the room and he was charging my credit card which I already paid for the room through Hotels.com! Told us "Good Luck finding another hotel. Everything is booked up". Can you imagine! The outside of the hotel had overflowing trash cans and used condums on the ground. WIndows NEVER washed and in a very sketchy neighborhood. The hallways in the hotel on every floor had no air conditioning, the ice makers did not work anywhere in the hotel, the hallways smelled like urine. Every person we ran into that was staying there had the same complaints and were trying to get the hell out of there! Tried to get a refund and was told NOT ONE RED PENNY! I am contacting the Board of Health, BBB because this place should be shut down. If you read any positive reviews I am sure it is by the hotel management because I can't believe anyone would give this place a good review. They totally ruined my friends birthday celebration. WIll never books through Hotels.com again. They obviously do not check out these places before representing them. Remember if the place is cheap, you get what you pay for and I have learned my lesson. RUN! That is all I can say RUN!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We prepaid early for 2 nights for Memorial Day Weekend. The price was great. However, the hotel is run down. Parking is good. The hotel staff are friendly. They gave us a room that was unmade. So we called down and they switched us to a handicap room. That was good. Day two, we came back to our room at night and both keys were not working. We went down and they made up two keys and told us that their records showed us checking out. Since they switched our rooms they had their paperwork messed up. They must have checked our rooms and saw our luggage still in there, however they did not bother to have our room cleaned. We had to call for clean sheets and make up our own beds. No clean towels. Garbage in our pails. The ice machines did not work on all floor except 2 and 3. They said the other manfunctioned recently. Bull. There was mold in the ice machines and dirt in the vending areas. Pizza boxes, urine smell in the vending areas. The hallways smelled terrible. The lobby and elevators were dirty also. The air conditioning in the lobby and breakfast areas were not working. So glad to check out of this place. I would not return. Never Never. Yuck!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kps2play
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel islocated on Rt 30 just before entering Atlantic City. I stayed for over a week on a business trip this time (have stayed here before too quite a number of times with or without family since 2005). Excellent value for business or fun trips to the Atlantic City. Service quality is high-the front desk personnel are friendly. Breakfast quality is good . Get the Wall Street Journal in the morning. Rooms are standard large sized and kept clean. Pleasant experience and I plan on staying here when I am in the area next.

Room Tip: The front facing rooms best view
Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rikirini
Reviewed April 6, 2011

It was worth the price the staff was very nice the room were clean and the location was very close to AC

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2011

overall we had a positive experience at this hotel. Check in was easy and the staff was friendly. Our room was neat and clean. If you want to complain about the nitty gritty things maybe you should stay at the 500$ resorts in A.C.
The beds, floors and bathroom were clean. I get easily grossed out by dirty hotels but there was nothing I found to be able to complain about. The hotel is obviously on the older side so if this bothers you this is obviously not the place to stay. We had a nice view of the Atlantic city skyline, you should be able to request this.
It is worth taking the shuttle to Resorts casino and going to the boardwalk or taking a cab from there to Borgata, Tropicana or wherever you want to go for less money. The hotel is near marshland so it is not the prettiest location, but what really is in A.C beside beach views.
The continental breakfast was excellent. There was a variety of bagels, cereals, fruit, juice and even make your own waffles. I was impressed with the free breakfast.
The only problem we had was when we came back from shopping and our room keys were not working, therefore we had to go back down to the desk and get new keys. Also only one elevator was working at the time. Overall a positive experience and if you want to spend more money on food or at the casinos I'd suggest staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for skyline views of Atlantic City (Room 633)
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristypink23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!