“Pleasantly surprised”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I went on a mini-vacation in Atlantic City. We didn't want to spend a lot for a hotel room. In the past, the more reasonable the price of the room in AC, the scarier the hotel. Fairfield Inn was luxury. I had the best night's sleep away from home. Their beds were so comfortable. The room and the bathroom were very clean. No mold or mildew here. Even more surprisely was the fact that the hotel's website offered the best rate. We will definitely stay at one of these hotels again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaHBG
TimBrogan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

Hello From Atlantic City

Thank you for taking the time to respond and comment on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us as our staff is always striving to make every guests stay memorable. As you stated, we are a great alternative to the sky high prices of atlantic city and realistically only takes 10 minutes from our door to the boardwalk and casinos. The next time you are in town please feel free to stop in and stay us, or just stop in for a cup of coffee... we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

Bed Bugs at room 138
[---][---][---][---]

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank basillicop
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding Room 138 at our facility. Please be assured that our hotel partners with an extermination service that is comprehensive, and has for many years. Our associates are also specifically trained to inspect rooms for such situations and to complete the care and follow up needed. I have no record of your concerns being brought to our attention during your stay. If we were informed of your concerns at the time, we could have offered more assistance.
We pride ourselves in offering our guests a clean, comfortable welcoming experience while staying with us.
Thank you for your concerns.
Laurel DeViney

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Nothing special, but for a 100 dollar bid on Priceline, I feel I got a good deal. Room was clean. Bathroom clean. Phone didn't work, but I guess no one cares about that anymore with everyone having a cell phone. Bed was comfortable but pillows were not too comfortable. Take your own pillow. Also, the room had this weird feeling of humidity. Like it was too humid and you could feel it on your sheets and pillow. Also, in a slightly out-of-the-way location, but if you're lucky enough to be given a room on the south-facing side, you'll actually be treated to a nice view of the Atlantic City skyline in the distance. I wasn't expecting that. Continental breakfast was quite tasty and generous, too, and free of charge. Not bad for a one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Hello from Atlantic City!!

Thank you for your response and feedback regarding your stay here at the Fairfield Inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room, as Atlantic City looks spectacular in the evening from the South Side of the hotel. I will have our engineering team look into the humidity problem with the room, but i can assure that when you come back this summer your experience will be one to remember. The next time you come down to atlantic city please feel free to stop in as we would love to have you back as a guest of ours.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Good price. Big rooms. Was able to check in early. Very friendly staff.

It was only about 15 minutes away from the boardwalk. Breakfast was pretty good - bagels, waffles, fruits etc.

Can't really say anything bad about it..

Oh, there was water in the tub when we arrived. But they came and unplugged it for us very quickly. That's about it...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

> I'm very disappointed that I must write an unfavorable review of this
> hotel, but after my experience there this past weekend I have no choice. I
> bid $90.00 to stay for one night: Saturday, August 7, 2010. (my
> birthday!) at this hotel on Priceline and the hotel accepted. Because my
> fiance and I could only go on vacation over the weekend due to week day
> work commitments, we decided to book an additional night, Friday August 6,
> 2010. My fiance works 2nd shift, and after working all night and then the
> 3 hour drive we knew we would be arriving around 3 or 4 in the morning, but
> at least we would have a room waiting for us and could wake up Saturday
> morning at our destination. The first problem began when we tried to book
> Friday night. The hotel refused our bid and insisted we pay $159.00/night.
> Because we had already paid for our Saturday night stay, we agreed. I
> booked the room over the phone with a Fairfield/Marriott agent, providing my credit
> card #, etc and received a confirmation # on 8/4/2010. Thursday, 8/5/2010
> I called Marriott to confirm my reservations. Both nights were confirmed.
> Later in the evening, I remembered something else I wanted to ask, so I
> called back and confirmed again. I was assured there would be no problem
> with us arriving in the middle of the night. After a long day of
> anticipation, my fiance and I hit the road, arriving in Atlantic City dog
> tired at 3:45 AM. I entered the hotel and gave the male night clerk my
> name. After a few moments he curtly said "well, this is why I can't find
> your reservation...your credit card was declined and your reservation has
> been canceled." I was astonished and advised that was incorrect as my
> credit card is fine and I also called the night before TWICE to confirm.
> He said that did not matter, my card was declined and my reservation was
> canceled without notice. I politely began to explain that the
> representative had run my card not only at the time of reservation but also
> confirmed....I was sharply interrupted by the clerk as a rose his voice
> over mine and siad "that doesn't matter!". Incredulous, I asked "what
> happens now?" He replied "What happens now is you got lucky that I was to
> busy to sell your room, so I guess I can let you have it, but how are you
> planning on paying for it?" I felt anything but "lucky". I was shocked
> that i was being treated like a deadbeat because of THEIR mistake, so I
> said "here, run my credit card". He snatched it from my hand and a moment
> later said surprised "Oh! I went through!" "yes" I replied, "I told you
> there is nothing wrong with my card". From there I asked if my request for
> a king size bed and a view of the city would be honored, I was ignored,
> handed 2 keys, no receipt or paperwork of any kind and sent on my way. Had
> I not been exhausted, not to mention having already paid for my room for
> Saturday night, I would have left without looking back.
> Upon entering the room, not surprisingly, we had 2 doubles instead of a
> King. Our room was on the city side, but being on the second floor, we did
> not have a great view. When I sat on one of the beds, I let out a little
> 'OH!" in surprise of how hard the bed was. We did not sleep well at all.
> In the morning upon taking a shower I discovered the tub did not drain so
> we were treated to standing in dirty water while showering and the heat
> lamp was broken as the knob just spun on the wall. Additionally this room
> sleeps up to 4, yet we were only given 3 standard thin hotel towels. Since
> we each use 2 to shower, this was not sufficient to us. After my shower, I
> decided to open a window for some fresh air only to find no screen in the
> window, and since I did not wants insects flying in, had to shut the
> window. I then went to get some ice only to discover the ice machine on
> our floor was broken. I went to third floor to find that one broken as
> well. Finally, I went to the lobby for ice. This was made very
> frustrating by 2 other problems with this hotel. 1. The hallways and
> elevators are stifling hot. Clearly they do not air condition them and
> other guests were complaining as well. In addition to this, one of the
> elevators malfunctioned throughout our stay. We would get in on floor 2,
> press down and the hot, muggy elevator would go UP, stopping at EACH floor
> even though no one was there, doors opening and staying open until you
> pushed the "close doors" button, reaching the top floor, then come down,
> stopping at each floor again, doors opening at each floor again-causing
> alot of sweaty, time consuming frustration. I am sure you can see why I did
> not ask to change rooms. Many of these issues were general to the hotel
> and not room specific. Furthermore, the room specific issues could not
> have been rectified if the clerk was in fact telling me the truth and the
> room he so GENEROUSLY "let" me have was the only room available.
The room was very clean, although our room was not vacuumed the day we had housekeeping.
> The above annoyances were not good, but the night clerks disrespect for me
> as a customer was unforgivable. I have worked in customer service/ call
> centers for over 10 years. Customer service is EVERYTHING and this clerk
> should be sternly coached.. There are plenty of other hotels along this
> stretch of about the same caliber treating guests as just that,
> GUESTS. Treating guests as present and future valued customers should be paramount to all staff members.
My short little vacation (which also was my FIRST trip EVER with my fiance, making this especially important) was made much less enjoyable by this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We had a great welcome from Tim the night desk host. He was very friendly and made us feel welcome. In addition to his courtesy, he also gave us tips on visiting AC (the skyline of which we could see from our room). The breakfast was the usual Fairfield Inn fare, but everything was spotless and it was plentiful. The area is safe, however those "Jersey Barriers" made it difficult to navigate to and from the hotel and around the town of Absecon. The pool looked good, but we didn't use it and the Internet was superb.The room was excellent and we found it to be up to the typical high standards of Marriott. Tim should get a raise.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon From Atlantic City
Thank you for your response and feedback regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and that our staff made you feel comfortable throughout the stay. The next time you are in town please give us a call during your travels as we would love to have you back as a guest.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

Hi we have stayed at a lot of Marriott's as we are gold members. We usually do not stay at the Fairfield Inn but at the Residence Inn's & full service Marriott. The renovated or new Fairfield Inn's are definitely much better than the old ones & I would only recommend these over the older ones.

We were looking for a hotel for 1 night en route. This hotel for the price was well worth it. We stayed here many years ago but they have since did an upgrade & it's very noticeable as the rooms are very nice & have HDTV's. The walls are rather thin & the doors seem to slam shut so we heard a lot of noise. The dorm sized refrigerator was a nice touch. The breakfast was just OK - fast food like cereals & breads plus an egg sandwich that could be heated up in the microwave. The breakfast was OK but it could have been better.

There is a nice view of the AC skyline which was pretty at night. There was an outdoor pool that was not opened when we were there.

Overall, I think the hotel was well worth the price & we would definitely stay again. The prices are considerably less than staying on the boardwalk

There are no restaurants within walking distance to the hotel.

For the price & 10 minute drive into AC we felt the room was well worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent time in the Atlantic City area.
I wish you could have utilized the pool, which is now open, just in time for Memorial Day.
We hope your travels bring you back to our area soon, and you will visit us again.

Best Regards,