“Adequate hotel”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Pennsylvania
“Adequate hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2006

Stayed here on a Saturday night when rates are double what they are during the week but still less than the casinos. Check-in clerk was not very welcoming, but was not unpleasant. The room and beds were clean and comfortable. No microwave or fridge. Internet access wasn't working during our stay. Didn't use the pool but it looked small. Complimentary continental breakfast was as expected: bagels, pastries, waffles, cereal, juice and coffee. Would stay here again if I got a good rate.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No internet service available
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank mckinfam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2006

This place was close enough to AC, yet far enough to be affordable. Rooms were clean, beds were nice. The breakfast was your typical continental breakfast, bagels, danish, cereal, coffee. The only problem was the staffl at the front desk. They messed up our cab by calling it for the wrong time, and then not following up. The one girl that helped (?) us will never win a prize for personality, that's for sure.
We paid a flat rate of $20 to get to the Taj Mahal in AC. Getting a cab to take us back was trickier, and we wound up paying flat rate of $30. Still worth it for the convienience of not driving.

5 Thank yk11
Reviewed February 22, 2006

Such mixed reviews for this place. I stayed about ten hours and my room was fine and clean. Desk clerk checking me in at 2AM was very helpful and fast. I had no problems and I travel all year long.

Stayed February 2006
3 Thank mitchmurr
Laurel, MD
Reviewed February 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Marriott this past weekend (2/19-20) because the casino hotels on the strip were ridiculously priced. When we arrived, we did not have a king bed or smoking room as requested, but it wasn't a big deal because the staff gave my husband an ashtray and allowed him to smoke in the room since they were booked and didn't have any smoking rooms available.

The room was average, better than I would have suspected only paying $68 for it. The bathrooms were small, but we weren't trying to live there, just stay there for a couple of days!

The staff was attentive, from the front desk to the custodial staff. They have a continental breakfast in the morning that included "make your own waffles", cereal, bagels, and other things you would expect at a continental breakfast.

Parking was free, and the hotel is ten, fifteen minutes tops to the casinos. It's even closer to the Borgata.

We had a really good experience there and if we don't get a good rate at one of the casino hotels, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank ArubaLovers
Marlboro, NJ
Reviewed February 4, 2006

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Saturday, February 4, 2006. We stayed here because it was close to AC and we could not find a reasonable room on the Boardwalk. I thought that because it was a Mariott, it would be acceptable. I was mistaken.
First, I had requested a non-smoking room with a king bed. When I checked in, I had two double beds and the room smelled of smoke. I called down to change rooms and was told I could not because they were totally booked. I even have "Non-smoking room guaranteed" on my reservation. Obviously they did not care. Honestly, if I was not in a rush to get to a concert, I would have left.
The beds were of horrrible quality, the bathrooms were so small that you had to move to the side to close the door, and the entire hotel smelled of smoke. The employees were even smoking in the stairwells (which we had to use because one elevator was broken).
My husband and I would have been better off sleeping in the car!

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank MarlboroMom

Travelers are raving about these Absecon hotels

Reviewed December 30, 2005

I just stayed at this hotel since it was close to ACY and I was flying out very early in the morning. I realize Fairfield is the low level on the Marriott scale but this place should not even have the Marriott name on it. I thought my room was horrible. The mattress was downright scary and the toilet didn't even work right. I was only here to sleep for about 8 hours and I couldn't have gotten out of there faster. I'm not sure what the other reviewers were talking about but this place might have been one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed it. Just plain gross!!!!!

Stayed December 2005
8 Thank Cruisedave
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

Fairfield Inn in Atlantic City at Skyline Tower was great. I loved every mintue of my stay. The room was very clean the people were very friendly and the view was excellent. I will stay at the Fairfield Inn on all of my vacation trips.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Best Western Garden State Inn
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!