“I enjoyed the Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
A TripAdvisor Member
“I enjoyed the Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North”
Reviewed December 10, 2005

Hello All,

I've read some of your reviews as I usually do on tripadvisor, before finally choosing a hotel.

The one thing I do like about Marriott is their awards program, as well as being able to book a hotel through a general customer service number and they contact the hotel. I stay away from internet bookings. I usually try to book directly with the hotel. Also, your credit card isn't charged and you pay upon check out. The greatest thing is that cancellation is 6 pm day of arrival (generally).

This hotel to me was fine. I stayed here for one night from 12/9-12/10, because I was going to concert event at the Borgota (an absolutely fabulous casino resort) that friday night, not far a way. I got a great AAA rate... I actually had a higher rate, but I called the Marriot again before my check in date, and got much lower rate... I agree with the gentleman who said to get a King Size bed. Our room was huge/spacious and everything was spotless.

This hotel also had the best continental breakfast I've ever experienced- you make your own waffles, bagles, fruit filled pastries, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, juice... they may have had more... It was great.

Check out is at 12... so my fiance and I took advantage and relaxed until it was time to get out. The only ppl who did not like this was house cleaning, because ofcourse they want to clean the room in time, and keep to a schedule, but hey.

Anyway... I don't have any complaints- this is one of the closer hotels to the strip. The other hotels I've seen on the way to the Fairfield were mostly no name motels- and I don't trust those, I don't care how low the rate is.

Well I hope you found this review helpful.

• Stayed December 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 23, 2005

Stayed here in October as part of a wedding party. Everyone was quoted an $89 rate when reservations were made months before but at checkout was charged $129. This included the entire group that stayed here for the wedding. Manager basically called us liars and told us that we were never quoted the lower rate despite the fact that everyone in the party had been given this rate. This rate was even quoted on emails some people had printed out. Dispute was only settled after calling Marriot customer service and having a refund issued weeks later.

Room was OK with cleanliness lacking. The complimentary newspaper was of better quality then the so called toilet tissue in the baths.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Absecon hotels

pa
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Marriot Fairlfield as part of a wedding block. There were at least 7 other couples staying as well.
We were all quoted the same price upon making reservations which were made at varying times within 3 months of our stay.
When we went to check out we were given bills which were about $40 over the agreed upon amounts. The person at front desk could not resolve it so called a manager. The manager was rude and basically called us liars and would not believe the quote we had been given.
Though we all had confirmation numbers only one of us had a print out of the confirmation e-mail. That couple did receive a refund. The others were told "The only reason they had been given the refund was because they had proof!"
The manager finally agreed that we had mistakenly been given the weekend rate quote but would not acknowledge that this was their mistake and would not honor the contracts.
The hotel was ok but certainly not of high quality and this incident has soured us from ever staying at a Marriot Fairfield again.

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank beachpat
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Three of us stayed two nights in this hotel, and we thought it was a terrific value. The two-double-bed room was spacious and clean, with nice, cold air-conditioning! It's not next to the beach, but the pool is very nice. It's a very brief drive (less than five minutes) to garage parking at some of the major AC casinos (we used the Trump Taj Mahal) for gambling and beach/boardwalk access. Two quibbles: 1) the computer room almost always had a line; byo laptop! and 2) We checked in late on a Sunday night and that took a considerable amount of time due to ... staffing concerns, shall we say? When I walked in to check in, the sole desk employee was on the phone with a customer seeking info on her reservations. The employee did not acknowledge me or even make eye contact with me. A few minutes later, another employee arrived behind the desk -- and proceeded to first help a guest who had walked up after I did (he didn't ask who was first... merely "May I help you, sir?" Since I'm female, he certainly wasn't addressing me!). Other desk employees were much more attentive and gracious, however, so their professional behavior mitigated the Sunday night crew's!

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank FelineFan
Reviewed July 30, 2005

We stayed for two nights at Fairfield Atlantic City in a one bedroom deluxe. I was quite concerned after reading some negative reviews, so we were pleasantly surprised (and I’m VERY picky – prefer Marriott’s – where I own - to most other places). This is a perfect place for families. It's fine for couples, but not luxurious. I'd prefer glitzier if I were just with my husband.

Check in was a breeze. Everyone was extremely helpful. Parking is 5 dollars per day.

To start, the elevator situation seems to be better. They are allowing guests to ride the third elevator (was only service before) and the wait isn’t longer than any high rise hotel – sometimes quite short. I thought the room was really pretty. The living room (we had a one bedroom) isn’t large, but it’s cute and comfortable. There is a huge balcony. However, my biggest complaint is that there is a big step up from the balcony to the inside (and the other way around). I took a terrible fall, and so did my son. You really need to think about stepping UP or you’ll trip! Other than that, I liked the room a lot.

The master bedroom was big with a king-sized bed. There was a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bedroom, along with a full bathroom and tub/shower in a separate room. The full kitchen was fully stocked, though I prefer larger coffee mugs and wine glasses than are provided. A small dining area was right by the kitchen.

The kids’ area was nice. There were pool tables, video games (pay), etc. The pool was small (4 ft. deep) and not great. The roof is retractable, but we weren’t impressed.

The hotel is in a less desirable part of town IF you like the glitzy area. If you’re happy with the beach and boardwalk, it’s FINE! It’s right by Nikki Beach (a bar that allows kids until 6 PM). We loved it. You can lie on the white “beds,” and enjoy sun bathing as the kids sit on funny chairs. You don’t have to buy anything, though plenty of drinks and food is available. The beach is one block away.

We went to the timeshare presentation – 60 dollars offered. Don’t bother. It was long and boring and uninformative – not worth the money.

Everyone there was extremely pleasant. Of course they expect tips. They work for tips, and that’s appropriate. I didn’t feel pressured. I did what I think those of us who vacation do – and that is to tip appropriately.

All in all, I enjoyed our short trip. Feel free to email me with questions. Zac495@comcast.net

Ellen

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank Zac495
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!