Atlantic City Inn
$86
$91
$89
Hampton.com
Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
$43
$22
$21
$49
$99
All reviewswafflesatlantic cityfriday afternoonbusiness centercoffee makercasino hotelsthe room was niceflat screen tvholiday weekendno frillsbed was comfortablegreat pricecontinental breakfastacboardwalkblvdpets
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I don't understand why other reviewers are so damning in their reviews of this hotel. I stayed here for one night as we were going to see Steely Dan in concert at the Borgata. The Borgata wanted $400 + a night, so I found this at $105. Call me tight but $295 ia a helluva saving for the sake of a 25 dollar taxi ride.. Its 5 miles out of town - so what. Its quiet. Taxis are plentiful, we paid $25 there and the same back. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room was spacious clean with a huge comfy bed, and the breakfast buffet was excellent given that it was a self serve eat and go type of deal. Bagels, juice coffee, breakfast sandwich, fruit, cereals, waffles etc. The parking is free and plentiful, its right on the highway, there is a shop for food if you get back at 2am hungry like we did, and a microwave in the room to warm things up. Its unpretentious and perfectly acceptable, unlike it seems the other people reviewing this place. I stay plenty in 4 and 5 star gaffs, and I know what service and comfort and facilities are about, but for a hundred bucks a night, give me this place every time. Totally recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonyjane
Reviewed November 16, 2008

This property appeared older and more worn than other Fairlfields I have stay in. Front desk provided a nice greeting and was helpful in directions to the casino I wanted to visit. I requested a quiet room and was given one at the end of the building. Great, only issue was it had a door connecting to the room behind me. Hotel is very convenient to the casinos, only 10 minute drive.

The water pressure in the shower was deficient. IT was like taking a Navy shower, the water was hot but the pressure dribbled out. Oh well, only a one night stay and it was only me in the room. IT was not the hotel's fault but early in the morning the room next to me brought me awake at 7am (after a long night of gambling I hoped to get to 9am) and had a loud woman screaming into her cell phone for a long time. She probably always has her IPOD on high! Breakfast was okay, alot of people going through the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank joeworf
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I usually stay at Mariott Hotels and have stayed at this one a few times. This Mariott has disappointed me. A little rundown. The morning breakfast area is extremely crowded without much room to maneuver. Last trip some tile in my bath was broken out. Just not what I expect from J Willard Jr.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jimmynewt
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I often stay at Marriott locations, and I am very surprised that this hotel wears the badge of Marriott on it's name. Truly, it is a cheap hotel, very affordable and decently clean if you are just wanting a night's rest. But don't expect anything about a bare minimum one-star level hotel.

The room temparature control is outdated, the rooms muggy or changed to downright chilly. The beds - stiff, the room's atmosphere - cheap. Breakfast was probably the biggest disappointment. Not only is the breakfast area cramped and with limited offerings, but it was not stocked well. I believe my choices in the morning was to have a green banana, a frozen sausage sandwich, or wait in a line of five people for a waffle.

If this was an independent hotel, I would've given the place the benefit of the doubt. It was very reminiscent of an older Holiday Inn. I just find it very unfortunate that this is a supposed Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jokerjo
Reviewed March 19, 2008

We were going to Atlantic City with only a week’s notice and wanted to stay close. This hotel is only about 10 minutes from the heart of AC. We booked a week in advance and got a nice deal $107.00 for a Friday night. On the Tuesday before our trip the weather people started predicting a blizzard and we had second thoughts about the trip since it’s about a 180-mile drive. On Thursday before the trip we decided that we would not go and tried to change our reservation. We were not able to so do since they required a 48-hour notice or we would lose the cost of one night stay. I tried to explain that it was due to the weather and the reservation person replied, "we'll we are only supposed to get a dusting." Well to make a long story short; the weatherman was wrong, we went anyway, the place was nice, clean, and quiet. They had a nice breakfast in the morning. The only problem that we had was that I had requested a king size bed and they gave us two full size beds. I'd would stay there again. But if bed size is a big deal I'd def call and confirm that.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple