WINNER WONDERLAND

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“Nice and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We were only there for 1 night but room was spotless and spacious, had a nice tv, microwave, and refrig. It is located only 5 mins from AC and is a straight shot. I forgot to ask if they had a shuttle but noticed hotel down the street did so I am thinking its s strong possibility that they do too. My only complaint is that the clerk that checked me in was not very friendly, he seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but there. Oh, they also had a free continental breakfast, which I missed. Free wifi, too.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay here with us. We look forward to seeing you again here at our Marriott Hotel property.

Sincerely

Laurel DeViney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. The female clerk at check in was not very friendly. After a long drive and heavy traffic, a little smile or something would have been appreciated. I asked her if any room upgrades were available (for Marriott Reward members) and she looked at me like I was crazy!!! Really? According to the website, there are rooms with 2 doubles, rooms with 1 king, and then there are suites. So don't act like upgrades aren't available for Rewards Members!!! She decided to "upgrade" us from 2 doubles to 1 king! Woo Hoo!!

My biggest concern with the hotel is absolute lack of security. You can enter the lobby thru a front door or a back door. There is very little parking in the front of the hotel so most people end up parking in the back lot. The doors at the back have a un-used security system in place. You are suppose to swipe your room key and then the doors should open and allow you into the hotel. Well, the hotel does not utilize this system. We came back the hotel at 3 am on Saturday night and as we approached the back entrance, the doors opened up for us. No swipe required! We walked right in and didn't see one person....not any employee or security member, etc. I mentioned this at check out and the male employee said....."yeah, you don't need to swipe your card. You can walk in". When I mentioned that that seems a little unsafe, he said the Night Auditor had a camera/screen in their room and that the hotel "had never had a problem"!!!

I mentioned the the hotel right next to the Fairfield Inn had a sign out front for rooms for $14.....yes $14......and with that kind of clientelle so close to the Fairfield, maybe they want to reconsider their Open Door policy. Again, the clerk said "we have never had a problem"!!

For this reason alone, I will never stay at this property again. I might mention on the other side of the Fairfield is a Home Depot. So when you arrive back at the hotel late at night, you are parking in a back lot.......nothing else around but a dumpy hotel next to you that has rooms for $14.....and the hotel has an open door policy. The Home Depot is closed, so you are basically on your own! Across the street is a car detailing place!

The rooms were decent enough. The location to AC is about 10 minutes away. The Fairfield is on a busy road that is divided by a tall concrete barrier. On the return trip from AC, you have to actually pass the hotel then you approach a light that has a sign stating "No Turns"......the female clerk at the hotel told us to make a U-turn there.........so you are traveling around 50 miles an hour with cars behind you, and you have to slow down enought to make an illegal U-turn!!! Crazy....as you can tell, accessing the hotel can be a little tricky.

I think this hotel should take security a little more seriously and utilize the system that is available to them! I think the female clerk at the front desk should be a little friendly also!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank drpc12
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have written a couple of reviews motivated by positives but this review is the opposite.....we stayed at the Fairfield Inn for two nights the weekend of September 15th. A couple of moments after entering our room, my husband bumped into an object pertruding from the bed - it was a wood slat that had 4 large nails in it .... This could have been much worse if he had fallen onto it, but he didn't. I do not know how to attach a photo to this review but wish I could because that would show the sheer unbelievability that no one caught this before we arrived. Then, when my husband went to take a shower he almost slid in the bath tub which was very slick and apparently the tub floor grips had become worn down. We reported both of these instances to the Front Desk....it took two times to get a bath mat....the wooden slat with nails was removed the next morning. Then we discovered it was difficult to adjust the air conditioning as the knob was missing - again we reported this and it was adjusted. I did ask to speak with the manager who was supposed to be there that day but apparently was off....he emailed me to ask if my husband required medical treatment for the wood plank incident - I wrote him back saying that thankfully no medical assistance was needed and also explaining all of the other issues and have not heard from him. I guess he was satisfied knowing that he would not receive a hospital bill. No adjustment was made to our stay and the management seemingly doesn't care. All in all a place that seems to need an upgrade and where customer safety seems not to count for much. I would highly recommend that you avoid ever going to this hotel.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rsonenfeld
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Myself and my husband being very picky people were very pleased with the accommodations at the FI in AC.....very clean, the staff was very pleasant, the breakfast provided was very reasonable and we would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area. Not to mention the 24hr availability of coffee in the breakfast area was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

You get what you pay for - though the hotel has been recently renovated, you can tell that it was just a re-do of an old building and there are remnants of the "oldness" there. That being said, it doesn't cost much to stay here, so I think the price is fair.

It's not too far from AC, however, the trip is a bit arduous at night, and the hotel is off of a little highway so you have to make sure you're approaching from the correct direction in order to turn into it.

The breakfast was OK, not particularly fresh or diverse, but for free breakfast my expectations were low. We stayed here because we had a certificate for a free Marriott night categories 1-4, though I wouldn't rate this as a category 4 hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We ar sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast. We have recently revamped our breakfast offering which now includes scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles. If you return to our area, we hope you will give us another try.

Franklin Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is my hotel of choice everytime I am in Atlantic City. My last visit was labor day weekend. My friends and I had a king and I must say this room was the bigest king room I have been in. I am not sure if they are all like that but wow. The breakfast is typical continental, but was great just the same. The drive to the boardwalk was about 10 mins. From Monday to Saturday, I think they have a free shuttle to Resorts. They have a pool, never used it but it looks great. I usually get a government discount when I go so I cannot speak about the price.This will continue to be my hotel of choice whenever I am in AC.

Room Tip: King size room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to provide a great experience for each guest we meet. We hope the next time you are in our area, that you will choose to stay with us again.

washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights over the 4th of July. It was a central location to visit the shore towns. The staff was nice, the rooms were nice. We did have a perfect view of the AC and other fireworks from our window, which was great, considering we were travelling with an infant. My only complaint is that breakfast was super-crowded, and they did not seem to account for that. We were up early too and the lines were long, and the food service low.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TimBrogan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us while in the A.C. area. I am sure the fireworks looked great from hotel as we do have some great views of the Atlantic City skyline. I understand that the breakfast area tends to be crowded on the weekends and we certainly do try to keep the lines moving by constantly replenishing our breakfast items throughout the morning. We look forward to having you return as our guest in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Comfort Inn Atlantic City North
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!