“a must stay.....”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Toronto. Canada
“a must stay.....”
Reviewed October 14, 2006

We generally stay in Hyatt when traveling.... however there is no Hyatt in the Atlantic City area..... We love staying at Quality Inn & Suites because of the people that work there. The teamwork shows through in every aspect of their service. Everyone is so friendly and polite. We always enjoy our stay here.

Additionally. the rooms offered all the ammenties we needed, especially the wired and WIRELESS internet.

• Liked — pool and business center
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Exloper08009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto. Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Nice for an Econo Lodge. We had an amazing adventure and a big fun in Atlantic city. The hotel was the perfect lodging for us, close drive to Casino and to the shops and restruants. The breakfast was delicious for being a free continental. Thanks to the staff for their friendly service and accurate directions. kudos!

IT seems like this hotel is much different after renovation.... nice to stay here.

• Liked — nice, fresh new room
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for newly renovateed section... not all rooms finished yet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Exloper08009
Vienna, VA
Reviewed September 14, 2006

My mother had a heart attack while we were visiting Atlantic City and ended up in a hospital near Absecon. Relatives of mine came to help and found a room in this hotel, which I paid for. Imagine their shock and mine when, after checking out, they received a phone call from the hotel stating that they had stolen $300 worth of linens and bedding. Interestingly, my brother, who was staying in the room, had looked all over with no luck for blankets and sheets for the sleep sofa in the room. He was exhausted so he just slept on a blanket pulled off the bed and didn't bother to ask for any bedding. So the fine irony of the hotel accusing him of taking what was never there for his use is pretty rich. Add to that the fact that the hotel clerk repeatedly called, as we were trying to get to the hospital to see my sick mother, and threatened us with charges. So after visiting hours, we took both cars to the hotel and told the guy "search us"! He refused; we insisted. He refused to call the manager. This is a major fiasco I will spend days trying to clear up and I have refused the charge, but I worry that they are scamming many people this way. Whatever you do, do NOT stay at this hotel. We stayed at the nearby Hampton Inn for the rest of our visit, and it couldn't have been nicer.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dishonest; dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go here; stay at the Hampton Inn down the road or the Holiday Inn Express
3 Thank jeanlou1968
new york
Reviewed August 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this Econo Lodge for one night. It was the most horrible hotel experience we have ever had. There were brown roaches all over the room. I was horrified to find roaches crawling inside the hairdryer when I tried turning it on. If that isn't bad enough, the shampoo provided was already used, the coffee maker and cups were dirty, and the smoke detector was ripped out of the ceiling. The staff was not suprised or apologetic when we complained and did not provide adequate compensation for this nightmare. Our advice is to stay away from this roach motel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — roaches
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away!
2 Thank chrisley
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 18, 2006

The first thing we found was food on the floors, the room was stinky and the bedspread has a hole in it. We then realized that the it's not a safe town.... at all. We locked the door and tried to make the best of it until we found a cockroach on the nightstand. Needless to say, we loaded up the car, after shaking everything out and making sure we weren't taking any cockroaches with us, and checked out. Stay far away from this place! If you want more details on the area, please feel free to email me... MLN2603@aol.com

2 Thank Mary D
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Absecon Econo Lodge. Upon check-in, we were given a corner room and were told it was brand new and we were only the 2nd customers to ever stay in it. We were thrilled until we walked into the room. There were no garbage cans, no table and chairs and no mirror in the bathroom. They put us in an UNFINISHED room. We decided to make the best of it, as it was clean and we were tired from traveling.

As were were unpacking, we kept stepping on something sharp in the carpet but were unable to find what it was. My husband and I cut our feet on it several times. On our third night my husband was able to find what it was. It was a buried tack sticking out apparently from when the new rug was laid. So I called the front desk and asked the manager to come over and told him about the problem. He told US to take care of it!!!! I firmly told him that my children could cut themselves on this tack and that he needed to get over here and take care of it. He reluctantly agreed. I did not appreciate his attitude and my husband let him know he did not appreciate it either.

An hour later we went out for a few minutes and when we returned to our room we found that our room keys had been deactivated!!!!!! The manager apparently did not like being scolded and decided to play games by locking us out of our room!!! Luckily, the front desk employee was nice enough to be embarassed for the manager's behavior and reactivated the key. I will never return to this hotel and would NOT recommend it. I am normally very easy to please, but I cannot condone the behavior and attitude of management here.

• Liked — Easy access to food, grocery, and main road.
  • Disliked — The terrible attitude of management.
  • Tips/Secrets — Run, do not walk to a different hotel.
1 Thank poconopixie
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I have stayed at this Econolodge twice before in the past, but I wasn't prepared for the nice surprise I got over the July 4th weekend: brand new rooms! This place has had a complete overhaul, going from an average place to lay your head to a place that you can't wait to fall asleep in at day's end. Good bedding, good carpet, good shower head, good air conditioning unit, good microfridge, and good microwave. Really, this has to be the nicest motel in town. And for the price we paid for two nights at the end of a holiday weekend ($135 total for both nights, including tax), it simply is the best deal going away from the Boardwalk.

The drive into Atlantic City itself is 8-10 minutes, tops. I am the sort that usually just wants a clean place to stay for a low price, room decor not being important to me. But this Econolodge is actually underpriced, considering how much nicer it is than the standard motels are in the AC area. Though I have not stayed in the nicer "hotels" in Absecon, I am sure the Econolodge can hold a candle to them in terms of comfort, and certainly in terms of price.

• Stayed July 2006