“I stay here frequently. Good value for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Baltimore, MD
“I stay here frequently. Good value for the price”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I visit AC 1 weekend/month and I usually stay here after trying most of the others in the area. This is certainly not the most luxurious 4 star hotel I have stayed at but its a good value. Room and beds are generally clean, bathrooms/showers were remodeled with good water pressure in the shower. Breakfast is fresh with juice, cereal, waffles, muffins.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank jbxnyr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lititz
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Upon arrival, we were greeted promptly. Entering the room was a welcome site. It was very clean and beyond our expectations. If it wasn't for a pending Hurricane, we would have extended our stay. We definitely plan on returning again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anburkhart
sharock112233
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This is not a good place to stay . The gentleman at the front desk was very rude. His customer service skills were the worst i have seen in years. The room was fairly clean but moldy smell. The bathroom had only one wash cloth for 2 adults, two children. The TV was distorted and the crib we requested had a molded mattress smell. There were loads of large dogs in this hotel and Yes i knew about the pet friendliness here but the dogs were huge and numerous. Also, Amenities says continental breakfast and guy at front desk claims not here sorry, ice machine broken on both floors. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For the price it could have been a bit more pleasant to guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sharock112233
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Dropping into AC for a show, dreading the long drive home, found this hotel online for a bargain price. Looked ok, so gave it a whirl.
Small motel-like place, doors from room open to parking lot. Room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. Everything looked kinda new, everything worked, bed was comfy. Don't stay for the included breakfast, not worth it. For the price, location combo, good deal for less than 70 a night, for sleeping comfort. And lots of dining options within half a mile for breakfast.

• Liked — cheap!!!
  • Disliked — included breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We reserved a room in this hotel for six nights. The room was very small and the security lock on the door was broken. My husband went to the owner about the broken lock and got a "who cares" type of response from the owner - this is a very safe place, he said, we don't need the lock. My husband pushed the point a bit - it is a safety issue, after all, and the owner said he would have it fixed the next day, or change our room. That night we pushed a chair against the door. We went out the next day and when we came back late that afternoon, there were 2 police cars arresting a man a couple of doors from our room. So much for safety. Needless to say, our lock was never fixed and we were never provided with another room.

These folks don't care - customer service means nothing because there will always be someone else coming along who needs a room to rent.

The rooms were clean, and as I said very small. The attitude, though, was very bad. This was a pre-paid stay through Expedia and we weren't really in a position to leave.

These people give Indian hotel owners a bad name.

I will never stay at this hotel again and do not recommend it to anyone!!

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank MaggiesMagic5
New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Note---This hotel is in Galloway, so you will be sent on a wild goose chase if you put Absecon in your GPS. With that said it is closer to the Parkway exit than other hotels.

Just let me say my husband and I are frequent AC travelers and have stayed at most of the hotels on both pikes. We prefer whitehorse bc it has less congestion during the day.

Well, I was very excited about this stay because I used my rewards points for one of the nights. We arrived late friday night after the 3 hour drive in traffic. My husband proceeds to the front desk to check in and returns to the car to drag me in bc my name is on the reservation, ok fine,understood. Once he checks my id he ask for payment and I gesture my husband for his credit card. My husband jokingly says to the guy, oh now you want to talk to me. Then the man rudely says, oh I need to change the reservation to his name and you will get no points. Now I've stay at choice hotels enough to know thats not the case and I'm on my husbands credit card. That was strike one. Irritated we venture up to our room. The room was newly remodeled and had all new furnishing and was clean; however it was very small and still had that motel smell. I don't think I could take it more than two nights. The pics floating on the internet are of the upgraded larger rooms, so beware. Overall I was satisfied with the condition of the room.

On Sat. we left our room at about 10am only to come back at 4pm and our keys were not working. I was willing to bet that the guy that checked us in hadn't even check us in for 2nd night, figures, if he saw how often I stayed at choice hotels he might have been a bit nicer. Strike 2. We get the maids to open our room door, no id or anything, we could have been robbing the place, anyway we walk in and there is our dirty room, not even serviced at 4pm. Strike 3. I walk over to the front desk and there are two nice gentlemen that apologize and give me new keys. I started to tell them the story about their night shift counter part bc they seem to have more interest in my thoughts about the hotel. On my walk back up the maid ask if we need service, I say no and just ask for some towels, he says he doesnt have any and will leave them in the room. We go to dinner come back and no towels. I go back downstairs to a sleeping front desk clerk and ask for some towels and he gives me some hard pool like towels. At that point I was just like whatever..checking out in the morning.

Bottom Line-the rooms are nice and clean, but small, they seem to have invested plenty of money into them. But the service is lacking. With plenty of other choice on the pike, I'll try my luck with someone else next time to find the right balance.

• Liked — The furnishing were new and clean
  • Disliked — The service and size of the room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Upon reading the other reviews in trip advisor. I thought I'd give this motel a chance. Stayed 5 nights July 08. There were a few pro's and cons. Pros- is that the motel is located 5-7 miles away from Atlantic City. If you like peace and quiet after a long day in Atlantic City, this is the place to unwind. Cons-I booked one room king size bed. At first, when my husband opened the door. The room looked very nice until i entered it. After a closer look i notice the rug looks as though it has not been cleaned in several years. Bed spread had cigarette holes in it. As i requested a non smoking room. Pool is very small, continental breakfast was the worst ever. People standing around like voltures never eating a bagle or waffle before. The staff was friendly and helpful. One thing to keep in mind. When driving route 30 east, or west in Absecon. There are no left TURNS.......in order to get the other side you must make a u-turn.....there will be signs letting you know of where to turn. The mall I stumbled across in Hamilton, NJ was very nice. Atlantic City......on the other hand was not at all i expected. Don't get me wrong some parts were nice and other's not so nice.....you be the judge if you ever go there. The Board walk definitely needs updating..There were housing developments that need sprucing up...what an eye sore. Air quality was bad.......could not see anything during my time spent on the beach.......some parts of Atlantic City especially Baltic Avenue.....Funny! Most of their streets are named either from the Monopoly board or States........for instance.....Boston Ave, Pennsylvania street etc............. Atlantic City is okay if you never visited it before.....You will need to stay a few days to really know the streets and the way the people flow. People are helpful and friendly......you will find a lot of people crab fishing off highways and piers..The smell can become a little un pleasant but you'll get used to it. Pleasantville was okay.......Just have to really pay attention as to what direction you would like to go......They drive really fast there. Overall, I would visit again but will not stay at the Quality INN...........There are a lot of other motels-hotels on the strip. Oh! Must try Goodfellows resturant. Go there during Happy hour...the price is just right half off on drinks and selecting appetizers.....Also I would suggest eating at Skelly's price reasonable and food is good as well......... If you decide to try one of NJ Steak N Cheese as we northerners say here up north and Southerner's call it cheese steak......the make their steak and cheese with provolone cheese....everywhere you go....Nasty!!! Did not enjoy that at all. Anyhow. Good luck to anyone who decides to go and visit Atlantic City.

Visiter from Boston, MA !!!!!!!!

• Liked — easy location to Atlantic City
  • Disliked — room decor-rugs nasty bedspread with cigarette holes
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family