“Good Hotel Experience”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Good Hotel Experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was happy with the Best Western Garden State Inn. The room was clean and spacious, the shower was hot and everything worked. There were plenty of power outlets, breakfast was good with hot items and cold. It was close enough to the shore to be a great location but not too close to be outlandishly expensive. This hotel had everything you need for a short stay.
We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on it.
I was very happy with the management who mailed home my son's soft toy that he left in the room (at my expense). They went the extra step to do that for us which I greatly appreciated. All in all, it was a good experience. I can recommend staying here.
Just be aware of trying to turn left into the hotel. You have to go past the hotel and use one of the U-turn lanes going from the right hand side of the road, then turn left and go back. I wasn't expecting it and was stuck in the left hand lane in heavy traffic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 4PATravellers
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1609-645-0697.

BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Room was fine and the location was convenient to Atlantic City. We were in town for business and had our bus with us (we dropped a bachelor party off in Atlantic City for the evening). We parked the bus in the hotel rear of the lot and the staff said it had to be moved. That it cannot stay on property. We asked if there was another lot we could park in and he said no. We then asked how does he accommodate guests with larger vehicles and he told us it wasn't his problem. We then parked in the street and prayed we didn't get a ticket or towed. Finally, the lock on our door did not work so maintenance had to fix it. I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 2, 2014

hotel is as pictured. as a guest, first appearance is very important. we felt comfortable as we approached the hotel. neat clean and up kept. This set the tone for your stay. We were welcomed and even though we were very early, we got our room anyway. very important to travelers. The only issue ( not complaint), is that the breakfast area is to small. Staff had a hard time keeping up with the guests, and food. I think a separate unused room converted to a breakfast area would be a plus. For staff and guest. breakfast was good. pool was clean and well secluded from public. That is nice. enjoyed our stay. On the negative, It is on a major highway, You will not hear birds and nature, only occasional trucks. but not enough to complain about. Stay Here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear John Ziegler,

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Staff was friendly at check in and check out. The rooms/bathrooms were clean. Continental breakfast was a typical breakfast, but served its purpose. The Inn was located 15 minutes away from the boardwalk which was nice. Overall it was a good first stop on our road trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2014

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We checked in late after our camping trip was rained out, made the res online but when we got there found out it was for the next day. The night mngr fixed everything, gave us the same rate, same room, worked great. Good tv, cold a/c, and decent breakfast (even though it was a little crowded)

Stayed July 2014
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2014

Eastford, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Expect much more from BW . . price very high with the basics missing or unacceptable. Sheets were shortened at feet, feet on mattress pad on both beds, no laundry bag, no phone, no coffeepot (accessories and pot present). Will never stay there again. Staff were helpful in fixing our TV, breakfast OK! Hate to give poor reviews, but management should not allow this kind of accommodations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Myrna P
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1609-645-0697.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2014

So I really didn't know what to expect given the reviews here; they seemed to be all over the place. It's an economy hotel 10-minutes outside of Atlantic City. Is it the best? No. Is it the worst? No. So ignore all of the reviews that tell you one or the other.

We booked a 3-queen room for 3 adults. It was clean and surprisingly quiet (although the a/c ran all night so if you like white-noise for sleeping you're all set). The breakfast had the basics; coffee, waffle maker, cereal, hot eggs, potatoes. Again, I've had better, I've had worst.

There is a pool -- I could not find any pictures of it online so I was leery. It seemed clean, but a bit cold. There are no tables at the pool; that would probably be my one suggestion for management.

The price of the hotel is consistent w/the pricing of AC ... weekends are more expensive but still cheaper than you're paying in AC.

Hope that helps ...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014

BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway

Been to Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!