“Good Inn for a weekend stay”
Review of Garden State Inn

Garden State Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Is a really good Inn. The employee is nice. The room have some minor issues but is clean and nice! The only problem is that is around 20 minutes from Atlantic City, you have to take a taxi that cost around $35. There is close by stores but is a little risky to get there by walking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1609-645-0697.

609-645-0697

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently need a Saturday accommodation and had no intention of pay the outrageous casino rates or stay at one of the flea bag boardwalk hotels that still charge outrageous prices for risking ring worm infection or bed bug bites)

I have stayed at this hotel off and on over the past 2yrs and it consistently meets my expectations. It is not the Borgata but only a few miles from the strip, clean and amenity rich (Free wifi, frig, microwave and premium tv channels). Only thing that really needs improving are the bath towels

I never get up in time for breakfast so i can not comment on that.

Room Tip: The complementary toiletries are limited so make sure to bring your own. If you going to check in an...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shademann
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night instead of staying at any of the Atlantic City hotels due to the price. We normally always stay at the hotels directly in AC but for some reason the weekend we wanted to go the prices were so high that we decided to save our money and book a room right outside AC for less than half the price. We booked a Jacuzzi room with a king bed and we really didn't expect much but we were presently surprised by the room. It was a quaint room with a nice comfortable bed and a nice big Jacuzzi which we used a few times because it was so great. The room rate was ONLY $50 and we got breakfast included! It was nice to be able to save some money that weekend and use it for other things like gambling and restaurants instead. Our friends wound-up staying at one of the AC hotels and spent between $200 and $300 for the one night! I would return if I could not get a free or decent price at an AC hotel and casino.

Room Tip: Get the Jacuzzi room if you can
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison V
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Clean safe and quite love this hotel will go back again very very clean room and beds good breakfast friendly employees nice place to bring your family and the price is right †*************-*********-----***

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eugene3150
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed there for a spur-of-the-moment trip to Atlantic City. For some reason all the other hotels in the area were booked, and while I resented dishing out $100/night for a Best Western hotel, I thought the positive reviews would make up for it.

The hotel is run down. All the rooms face the exterior (there are no internal hallways). I don't think there was an elevator because we had to drag our suitcases up the stairs to our second floor room.

The room was just sad. How can they call themselves a Best Western when they are clearly a 1-star motel? You know what they had for shampoos? Tiny John Frieda and Pantene samples - the kind you find in a magazine. I think they were actually ripped out of magazines, because they had a coupon attached to them - only it expired 2 years ago.

The king size bed was not comfortable. The entire decor was outdated. Yes, there was a Jacuzzi tub, but it was old and didn't work right.

I cannot believe I wasted $100 on this. Will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has less noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1609-645-0697.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

nice hotel but some of the light did not work. it was a great place to stay at. bed are very comfortable. it is also very clean and the workers are very friendly and funny cannot wait to wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaime-Lynne C
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Front Desk

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Enjoyed ourselves.First time staying here.We usually stay at The Best Western Hotel in Pleasantville N.J. but decided to try this one this time and we had a wonderful experence.Will be staying again. We enjoyed the service and the location is great.Short drive to Mill Road which takes you to The Shore Mall for shopping and food.Or short drive to Route 9 which takes you over to Ocean City and also a short trip to Atlantic City N J

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!