“Ocean City bound”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
PA, United States
“Ocean City bound”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, very clean, quiet, comfortable room, and a very nice breakfast each morning. Would definitely recommend this hotel which had a very nice pool but we did not have enough time to use it. Will stay again if and when in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I witnessed another guest abused by staff during my check-in for over 10 minutes. I was there long enough to understand the nature of the issue, and the staff actually accused the customer of causing "trouble" when they lacked the skills to calm the situation. I went to bed shaking after the incident. Do not stay her if you want to be treated with respect.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank 123NYCGirl
West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here one night while in Atlantic City. The staff were all very polite and friendly. The room was comfortable, everything worked perfectly and everything was very clean. This hotel is just a short drive (about 12 minutes) from Atlantic City and is a good low cost choice for the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lebanon, NJ
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent a night here recently and was very satisfied. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff very friendly and courteous. The room even had a whirlpool bath and hot breakfast was served in the morning. I didn't use the pool but there were several families in it and it appeared to be very clean. Considering the low cost of this motel, I would rate it as an outstanding value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed here many times before, and I highly recommend it. It is considerably cheaper than the casino hotels in Atlantic City, but is only about a 10 minute drive from the beach and all of the action. It's close enough to AC to be convenient, but far away enough to be a quiet getaway after spending the day on the beach, boardwalk, and casinos. The rooms have always been clean when I have stayed there, the beds are comfortable, and they offer a complimentary continental breakfast from 6:30-9:00 am. For a slightly higher cost, you could also get a room with a jacuzzi tub.

Room Tip: Jetted tubs (available in some rooms) are great for relaxing!
PA
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was shocked. I was actually scared at check in because the room was only $60 for a king size bed, jacuzzi, fridge, microwave, free breakfast and free wifi in the SUMMER!!! Yikes! I went for it and was very impressed. They just remodeled so the lobby was nice and clean. I got to the room and it is very very clean. The ONLY complaint is the bed is a little too soft for my liking but other than that, I am very happy. I would stay here any time. The manager was very nice too. I called ahead and asked a few questions. I personally feel you can get a heads up by how they act on the phone.

Room Tip: call first, like I did!
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I will have to say that i have been traumatized by motels and hotels either in south jersey or close to LBI. This hotel was okay in the sense that i have seen worse, and i Mean really really worse. However there was some issues that do need to be address. I stayed with my husband on the downstairs portion of the property while my friend had her room on the top. The man at the front desk was nice when we arrived at the property being that it was late. As for what happened with my friend i do not know. I can only state my perception of the room on the downstairs level . Even though my husband did also claim to see bugs coming out of my friends room.

When entering the motel at least there was a man on premises and he was awake in the sense. I have seen clerks who were asleep and far gone when arriving so that was a plus. He was nice to show us where to park since we came in late. My husband and i entered the room and there was a musty smell not exactly mold but more then stale air. I had a few perfumes on me so i sprayed this to cover it up. It seemed to do the trick lol. The AC worked good, but got very cold at night that i had to keep adjusting from hot to cold. This was somewhat annoying. The good thing is i did not wake up gasping for air due to severe mold or cig smoke. I am allergic to this stuff and with my pituitary tumor i have to becareful... My last hotel i went to> I went to bed and was gasping for air 3 hours later because of the heavy cig smoke from the next room billowing from the walls . With this hotel i did not smell cig smoke just musty.. The carpet looked fair, but i did not expect the entire room because nothing prompted to find anything else. I did home inspections in the past so from what is saw without moving beds or looking behind the beds, it looked ok...I like firmer pillows the pillows were very soft..extremely soft.. Thank god i bring my extra set of pillows with me when i travel because i was expecting this ..just seems to be a common trend . As far as dirt or screwed up linens this was okay..
What i did see> was on the upstairs level the following day- I saw a maid who was cleaning 5 rooms down from my friend and bugs were flying out of this other persons room.. I am unsure if there is a infestation or not but it can not hurt to call someone to make sure its nothing coming from another room or the primary is coming from my friends. The summer months can bring all kinds of creatures in so maybe might want to do an operation clean sweep just to be safe lol.. I mean have the maids freshen up the air and make sure there is no bugs.... I am unsure why the clerk put a bug up to my friends face it seems a little odd. I think there should be no fighting and peaceful resolution to fix the harmony of the best western lol, bugs, people and all.. Still a great place to travel to and from AC as far as closeness.. I give this a C-.Cant wait to go back to AC again, love AC:)Great nightclub that opened up there!!

Room Tip: The rooms are the downstairs level seem okay.. AC works cold..if you like it that way,, stay here...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway

Been to BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!