“clean and comfortable - a great value!”
Review of Garden State Inn

Garden State Inn
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed June 28, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday evening - payed $70 through hotels.com. Despite some of the negative reviews on this site we decided to try it because we were looking for a clean place under $100. We arrived at 9pm - I called in advance to say we would be arriving late and we did not have a problem. Room was very clean - spotless - totally renovated. Front desk people were not terribly freindly but that never bothers us - we are looking for cleanliness at a low price and we found it here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2008

THE WORST HOTEL EVER!! You would be better off sleeping in your car. The beds had god knows what kind of stains on the sheets, the phone in the room didn't work. and there was a wonderful aroma of mold in the room. I felt like I needed to be checked for the Ebola virus after staying there. And to top it all off the front desk barley spoke english.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2008

WE were looking for last minute friday night hotel room in Ac. WE don't mind staying off the strip as we just take acab anyway if we are too drunk to drive. It was 6 miles away from AC casinos, 20 minute drive.
Very clean, big comfortable bed, jetted tub was nice. Well lit, in a strip of about a zillion hotels !
WE arrived at 10 pm to check in, and had no issue swhat so ever. WE arrived back to the room at 5 AM and went to sllep. aT 11 AM we were awoken by some one knocking at the door telling us it was check out time. WE asked him if we could pay for late check out and he said yes, 10$ hour until 1 pm, then it rebooks for another night!
After a great night in AC , we were happy to pay the extra 20 bucks to sleep in!
all in all, nothing fancy, but really, all we needed was as place to lay our head for a few hours!
Would stay again!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Staff totally unfriendly. Did not smile, did not say thank you, did not tell us about continental breakfast, did not ask how anything was. Just stared at us like "what are you doing here?" Housekeeping knocked and yelled EVERY morning between 8 and 10 AM! Even though do not disturb sign was up! It was horrible to be woken up every morning in yelling foreign language while on vacation! They also entered the room while the do not disturb sign was up!!

Nonsmoking room REEKED of smoke, mini fridge broken, wires cut so outlet didn't work. Tub leaked slowly.

Bed very comfortable. TV worked, high speed wireless internet worked. Jetted tub in standard king was definitely big enough for two. Heater heated room very quickly and worked well. About 15-20 minutes from casinos and boardwalk. Good restaurants and gas stations very close.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank runawayturtle
Reviewed December 28, 2007

This hotel is very clean with big beds and clean sheets.
The price was good if you come mid week $90 with tax for 3 people. In alantic city that is good I give this hotel A+

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Left me stranded, and stil charged me for it!!!

Booked my room on their website and it stated "guaranteed for late arrival". I even called to confirm this, and let them know I would be arriving late. But when I got there was told they gave away my room, forcing me to go door-to-door late at night looking for a place to sleep. And on top of that, they have to nerve to charge my credit card, which they refuse to take back to this point.

From reading other reviews on this and other websites, I see I'm not the only one who had this problem.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank jersey1234
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Don't ever go here! Our entire room smelled like urine. We felt uncomfortable using the jetted tub in the bathroom as it was full of gunk. Their internet service was out all morning even though they advertise free available internet access. The breakfast was horrible and did not seem very sanitary. I would never go here again.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank marthasunny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, NJ

Been to Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!