“fine” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
“fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

it was satisfactory nothing wrong. nothing really great either

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is by far the cleanest motel I've seen in my life! Breakfast is from 6:30-9:30 am daily. Super good value and good location. Probably the best value in absecon, nj.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
31038, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear Customer,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1609-645-0697.

Sam
Front Desk
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed on a Saturday night for one night because our usual hotel was booked. This hotel was recommended by friends, and it was a good value. The room was a decent size and was very clean. Breakfast was available until 9:30, and included scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, make your own waffle, pastries/mini muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee/tea. We heard no noise from other guests. The only negative was that the mattress was just a bit hard, but not so bad that it interfered with getting sleep. We will definately consider staying here again. Location was also great, with shopping/food/gas nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was only here for one night and it was everything I needed. I arrived at 11AM and they didn't mind at all to let me check in early. Room was fine, water pressure was great and the value was right on. It is about 5-10 minutes to the boardwalk and minutes away from grocery stores and gas stations.

They have a computer and printer in case you need to print a boarding pass, along with complimentary breakfast items (cereal/pastries).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor so you don't have to deal with headlights shining on your win...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have to say, I don't get the "rave" reviews. This place is "what it is". An economical motel, practical for a one night stay. I was visiting AC just for one night to see a concert and refused to pay AC rates right on the strip for a bed to rest my head for one night, so I searched trip advisor, as I always do, for a decent place to stay, not too far away. The hotel turned out to be a 15-20 minutes drive from AC. The business center consists of an e-machine sitting atop a counter with a single printer. (probably the slowest I've seen in years). The breakfast is over at 9:30 (absurd on a weekend); but, by 9:00 most hot food was gone with no attempt made to replenish the hot food items. (We went to Denny's 1/2 mile away). The room was adequate & clean with a cooling/heating unit in each room (not central). The rug was tearing away from the wall and in the bathroom someone had etched their names in the paint (class-act, right there). The bed was not very comfortable..and the rooms are "exterior" which I didn't appreciate..in the middle of the night, (between 3-5 am) many druken party-goers were coming and going in and out of the room, so I slept with one eye open, let's just say. There were other hotel/motel, (economical places) on that very same strip with interior rooms-I would opt for one of those, if I had to return. I do have to say the gentleman at the front desk was as helpful and courteous as he could be.

Room Tip: I'm not sure one is better than the next..
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband & I recently returned from spending three nights here. We were very pleased. The room & especially the bathroom were very clean. The staff & Sam the manager couldn't do enough for us, from happily giving us extra towels, to giving extra pens, menus, 24 hour coffee and all with a very pleasant attitude which I have found is very rare in most places we have stayed. Whatever time of day, someone was more than happy to assist us. The continental breakfat was also very good. It had the standard fare plus hot waffles & pancakes. The hotel is on a main highway, but if you are sensitive to noise, the air conditioner does an excellent job of blocking it out, plus works extremely well. Water pressure was rather low although hot water was hot. Very economical & near everything from restaurants to supermarkets to drug & liqour stores. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Atlantic City and not pay the high prices for a Saturday night stay. I also go by the BW reputation and was very satisfied. The room was clean, no unpleasant odors, king size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and dressing area was sanitary - no mold around tub. There was a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator without extra cost.
The continental breakfast was very good with adequate choices (even a waffle maker). The food was continually being replenished. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I didn't have a choice when I booked the room but at check in the Clerk said he was upgrading us...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!