“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Review of Garden State Inn

Garden State Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Because of this hotel's inexpensive rate, I just didn't expect to sleep well the one night we were there. I thought it would be loud, not so clean and that I'd be worried about creepy crawlers coming out of the woodwork. Wow, was I wrong! The hotel appeared to be either freshly renovated or meticulously maintained. The room was spacious, quiet and clean. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast was great. They had eggs, potatoes, bacon, a make your own waffle station, and the usual cereals, bagels, danish, muffins, bread for toast. The coffee was hot and the orange and apple juice was tasty and cold. I was gladly stay at this hotel again if in that area.

Room Tip: This hotel honors AARP and AAA discount
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ChesmoRR

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I paid 74.95 total for a Friday night and got room 210

I have stayed at almost every econo motel/hotel on White Horse Pike. I have to say this is the leader of the 2-2.5 star class. Room was clean and odor free. Room offers the standard equipment. Mini fridge, coffee maker, Iron and hair dryer. TV is 27 tube. All of it worked and the furniture was in "like new" condition (Rare for this class motel)

Internet was fast and reliable

Bed was OK and bedding was clean and smelled fresh (Again rare).

If you are expecting a "casino quality" room this is not the place for you. If you are on a budget and want a clean and well equipped place to stay for the night this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank shademann
Reviewed March 11, 2011

It is located within 12miles from atlantic city and very near by to Airport. Breakfast was good. Front desk was helpful. located in highway and there are so many restaurants nearby. comfortable place to stay with best rate.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dpt11
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I felt pretty good about this place when I made my reservation, since it had quite a few favorable reviews. The room was immaculate. I checked the bed first, then the dresser drawers. Both were clean. I felt the inside of the bathtub and there was no residue what so ever. The shower walls shined. I thought that there must be something that they neglected. The indentations of of the doors? No. The top of the doors? No. Spotless. The king size bed was very comfortable. It was a great location, 10 minutes or so to Trump Marina. The price was remarkable. $54 plus tax on a FRIDAY! One time we were tired on the way home and we stopped at a dumpy looking place in Egg Harbor and it was over $100 on a Friday. If I had to find something to complain about it would be that the heater in the room was noisy. (But that was OK, because every thing else was fantastic)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jed12
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Before we booked this room i was looking and reading alot of reviews. They are very helpful especially in my case. Well I must say when we got there the room was very clean and the first thing i did was check for bedbugs and there were none, thankfully. our stay was very pleasant and quite, good continental breakfast, the front desk people were very nice. The price was very reasonable. Well worth the stay. By the way even if u smoke get a no smoking room , anywhere. I recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed only one night on a Saturday. The room was clean and bigger than we expected! But that night when we went to bed,the bed was horrible!! It had a spring mattress which was so hard, and it slopped into the midle. It was supposed to be a queen, but was only a full size.We had a miserable nights sleep. Too bad- get some new mattresses and you`ll have a nice Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

Our room was spacious and clean. The ac worked great! Our cable was out on the tv but we called the front desk and the young man came up within 5 minutes and fixed it.

The continental breakfast was just right to start our day. Free wireless internet worked out well for us.

This hotel is about 12 - 15 minutes from Atlantic City and Brigantine Beach.

The rate was very reasonable.

If you want a quick and casual dinner close to this hotel I recommend The Phoenix Diner. It's not much to look at from the outside but very nice inside - food was good, prices decent and servers are friendly.

I would definitely recommend The Best Western Garden State Inn for those who want a day at the beach or a night at the casino and need a good place to sleep. It's by far half the cost of any casino hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, NJ

Been to Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!