“Cockroaches only” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Absecon
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“Cockroaches only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend because we had an early flight. Never staying there again. The staff doesn't speak English, the sheets had stains, the bathroom was full of pubic hair, tub had a hand written sign that said "out of order", and the room smelled like someone pooped and dropped a bottle of perfume at the same time. We didn't even lay in the bed because the stains were so bad. We left before we got any illnesses. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. Nasty is an understatement

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kdube78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed at other Econo Lodges, but this one is no where near as nice as I thought it would be. The floor was so dirty, I hope I didn't catch anything from it. Washed my feet, looked like mud on them. Floor near microwave, felt like at any minute, it would cave in. Sink near microwave, not connected to anything, just sitting there. They look like they are trying to remodel, but not a very good job. Saw roaches in the bathroom and roach traps in the dresser. They need to clean up (especially the floors), need newer tv's, better beds and a more modern look to this motel. The good thing is, it's close to Atlantic City, small, but cool refrigerator, the ac, shower (water flow & hot water) and check-out. This motel holds the true saying, you get what you pay for. I'll never stay here again and good luck whoever chooses this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Absecon hotels

Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I searched on line for a last minute mini get away with my wife. After searching hotels and reading reviews, Econo Lodge was at the front. At check-in, we were greeted by a most pleasant female clerk who quickly made us feel like we made the right choice. Our room was far better than we expected for the price. Everything was very clean and odor free. House keeping cleaned our room daily and promptly every morning of our 2 day stay. Check out was just as pleasant as checking in. We will stay here again on our next Atlantic City mini vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went there for my birthday & loved it, there themed rooms are beautiful and very reasonable price wise. The room was very clean very nice staff called ahead & room was less then the online price. Checked in a lil late but still mad out great & enjoyed myself. Close enough 2 Atlantic City and had alot of places to fo bear by. I would recommend it to a friend & will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed there last minute. They let me check in very early at 9am. They were extremely kind. The staff also allowed me late check out and everything at no extra cost. I have stayed at many motels outside of Atlantic City and compared to other rooms at this price, this econo lodge is cleaner and a much nicer stay then the rest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank peter p
Absecon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nice easy check in experience. Woman who greeted me at front desk was very nice. She offered me different themed rooms and really surprised me for the price of the room. Everything was clean and it smelled good. When I checked out the woman even greeted me outside. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked this room for one night. First they do not have a continental breakfast as stated. Only coffee and the owners get the milk from the back room of the office. The shower was clean, but watch out. It is either a cold or boiling hot shower. It would not regulate for anything. There were cobwebs in the ceiling light fixtures. The volume on the remote did not work. No shampoo, again you have to knock on the owner's door. When you check out, they suggest you drop the key in the mailbox out front. I guess they don't won't to be bothered thanking their guests for staying. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Comfort Inn Atlantic City North
Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk
Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk
#31 of 53 in Atlantic City
3.0 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Absecon? Share your experiences!