“No.”

Luscious & Sweet Gourmet Bakery
Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Absecon
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Oh, just no.

I've tried this place probably ten times, hoping, wishing, that the cupcakes would not be dry, that I would bite into one and maybe they would taste anywhere near as delicious as they look and smell. But each time I bit into a cake, they tasted more like sand than sugar with the consistency of cardboard. They are literally the worst cupcakes I've ever had.

They are successful because there is a need in this area for cutesy desserts. I've brought them to dinner parties when I didn't want to feel cheap and I didn't have time to bake. After being severely dissappointed multiple times, I'll just go to the supermarket across the street. It's a shame, because people will continue buying like I did, and I doubt they will ever have an incentive to make a good product.

GourmetItalian123, Public Relations Manager at Luscious & Sweet Gourmet Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2015

Good Evening. I am sorry it took a while to respond but I did not even know we had a trip advisor account. We care very much about our customer and our products and try hard every day to improve and strive for perfection. We have new chefs and improved recipes. I do hope you will give us another try. If you have any further needs please feel free to contact me at 609-748-2400 ext. 102

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Luscious and Sweet made our cake for our wedding and my guests are still raving about it! Thank you for the delicious treats and beautiful design.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

When away from home, we are always in search of new cupcake shops to try. I had a hard time finding anything in Atlantic City, but found Luscious & Sweet through an online search and Tripadvisor.com recommendations. It was about 10 miles away from AC and we decided to give it a try. Their webpage was very well done and gave detailed information on the cupcake flavors they served as well as other sweets available. We walked into the cute shop which shares a spot with a gourmet liquor store and were wowed by the delicious looking large cupcakes in the display cases. I was armed with their online menu and my selections circled, but much to my disappointment none of my seven choices from the online menu were available. I mentioned the website and was told by the friendly girl serving us that the online menu hadn’t been updated in quite some time. Strike one! Customers rely on the official business website, it is important that this information is up to date. Prior to our visit, I had also emailed the shop through their Facebook page hoping to get information on the daily cupcake choices, but never got a response. We decided we wouldn’t get our usual dozen to split, but rather ten-five each. Most places we have visited have a set price for a dozen, which is a bit cheaper per cupcake that way. The cupcakes here were individually priced at $3.25 each for most of the cupcakes and a few smaller ones were cheaper. There were no ‘by the dozen’ prices. I certainly have no problem paying $3.25 for a cupcake if it is so good I devour the entire thing. The girl behind the counter answered our questions about the flavors and even suggested two of her favorites. We picked out our ten cupcakes and also ordered two bagels. We couldn’t wait to sample the scrumptious looking treats. Prior to our trip, I had read several negative reviews stating that the cupcakes were dry…sadly this was the case with almost all of ours. Out of the ten chosen-the Boston cream, the red velvet, the vanilla squared and the caramel apple were pretty moist. The others quite dry, dense and even rubbery around the edges. Several of mine were coated in mini chocolate chips which may have looked yummy, but hard, crunchy, bittersweet chocolate chips did not compliment the overall flavor of the cupcake. Many of the selections had far too much icing which ruined the overall taste and it was obvious that they were not fresh, as you could press down on them with your fingertip and leave a deep imprint with no frosting sticking to your finger. Several of the cupcakes had filling inside, but except for the Boston cream pie cupcake, they were filled with hardened blobs, not soft and creamy. The red velvet and caramel apple cinnamon cupcake were the only two completely eaten. Lesson we’ve learned in the past, just because the cupcakes look fresh and yummy doesn’t mean they truly are. We came, we spent ($32 for those 10) and we sampled, though not the worst we’ve eaten we’ve had far better.

I am so very sorry you had a bad experience with Luscious & Sweet. We try very hard to keep our customers happy and coming back for more!! We have improved all our recipes and have the best of pastry chefs now. We do hope you will give us another try. If you are ever unhappy please reach out to me directly at 609-748-2400 ext. 102. My name is Deena

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Gourmet cupcakes are a bit overpriced, but they are absolutely yummy. Large variety of cupcake options as well as other pastry items. cannolis are also good.