“Very Good Chinese Restaurant”

China Sea of Absecon
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2019

I visited China Sea during a recent business trip through the area, and very much enjoyed my dinner.

The service was attentive and prompt, and the dining room was super clean and not too loud for conversation. The wonton soup was served hot and very flavorful, and my Hunan chicken was nicely spiced and served piping hot, as well.

The only downside here is that they don't serve drinks beyond soft drinks, tea, and water, and I would have appreciated a glass of wine with my dinner. Also, as the state of New Jersey has determined that its residents aren't bright enough to pump their own gas nor make left turns, it can be annoying to access this restaurant from nearby hotels.

I travel through the area on occasion, and will make it a point to return.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 9, 2019

Just down in the area for a day and had a yen for Chinese food. China Sea had a great review so I went online to do a pick up order. I ordered Chow Mein, Egg Roll, Beef Sticks, Chicken Soup, extra noodles. The food was ready to pick up right on time. The food was delicious, hot and fresh. When we're in the area again we will visit, eating in the next time.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

9 is really not late but in some areas it is. Nice sit down restaurant to have good portion and taste great. Services was also very good. So come in and try.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

The food here is always good and predictable. It a really fun place to go with friends. The staff are friendly and entertaining. Prices are very reasonable. Give them a try, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

I’ve had good and bad here. Service is always great.

Most recently a mixed bag...my Shrimp and Chinese Vegetables was excellent, but the fried rice was mediocre at best. Fresh beautifully prepared shrimp, skimpy on the colorful veggies, and served with tasteless fried rice...too bad.

Last time I was served overcooked butterfly tiny shrimp, and a lukewarm eggrolll. Sent the egg roll back for a redo.

1st time amazing Egg Foo Young meal. The egg roll and wonton soup was great. The tea was tasty.

I like this place, but I just wish they put a bit more effort in making the fried rice.

Date of visit: November 2018