“Not Happy At All”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Not Happy At All”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came to AC for a concert. We decided at the last minute to stay over night. We booked a room at this hotel. The tub had mildew, the floor was dirty, there was dirt on the walls and it was hair on the towels. We were so disgusted that we checked out before the night was over.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed overnite mid-week during the heatwave so that I could hang out at the beach in Margate. I booked though Hotels.com.for a rate of $52.00. I must say I was totally impressed with the hotel.

It was convenient, clean and newer than I expected! The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. I was appreciative that as a single woman I was given a very nice non-smoking room on the top floor, away from any truckers and teens. I felt extremely safe, even venturing out at nite to answer "a snack attack". They even had a corkscrew for my pinot noir!

The breakfast in the morning was also better than I expected! Cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt and of course, coffee, tea and milk. What was also nice was the flat screen TV, complimentary USA Today newspapers, and "to go" tops for your beverages so you could grab and go. These little conveniences mean a lot and were very appreciated!

My only comment/suggestion would be for the hotel to replace their old bed spreads (no newer or renovated hotels even use them anymore.)
I would (and will!) stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Happy Creek, VA
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I chose this hotel due to the proximity to Pomona and Atlantic City, and based upon price/reviews. First off I have to say the $60 a night charge is extremely reasonable since most hotels in even rural areas at at least $100-$150 a night. I arrived and was checked in immediately. Once I made it to my room it was what I expected; basic room, clean, a bit of damage to the walls/fixtures; but it did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The pillows are tiny but I had no trouble sleeping after the traffic laden drive from DC. I also could not connect to the hotel's wi fi but I had no trouble connecting to the wi fi from the neighboring hotel (????). I looked at the breakfast that they had to offer but come on now I'm in Jersey so where's the Greek owned diner?
Overall I would recommend this hotel due to the price and the fact that it was clean, but basic. If you want a spa, functional wi fi, or room service then fuhgetaboutit!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I payed what I did for a room here, I expected it to be fairly dumpy. I was pleasantly surprised to find a pretty, newer, clean hotel. It's a great way to save money, as well to sleep in a quiet location near Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mx2_6
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and had a wonderful experience. Decided to stay there April 19-21 and was quite dissatisified. The good: The staff is very nice. They are informative and try to make you feel welcome. The bad: First of all, our hotel room was in series need of repair. We had 2 chairs, one of which the seat section of a wooden chair was completely unattached from the chair. The carpet and lamp shades had all sorts of stains on them. In addition, the carpet had a huge sticky area, that we decided to just a napkin on because it was obvious that the carpet was never cleaned. The bathroom was gross. I guess the bathtub is a jacuzzi style one, but every "jet" looked like it had mold in it. The chaulking in the tub was moldy and black in spots as well. Along with that, the tub stopped (Drain plug) was black and mouldy on the underside. The faucet in the bathroom would only turn off in a certain way and didn't have anything but very cold water. We would never stay here again. Really disappointed how this place has fallen apart in only 2 years.

Room Tip: Do not pick room 212. It's gross.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Flushing, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The staff was very helpful at both checkin and checkout. The rooms were typical of a Comfort INN....clean, quiet, a little old but priced right. I must say that one of the most important things when I stay at a hotel is not to smell any floral cleaning products. A hotel should simply be clean and not smell clean. This hotel did not smell at all. I would recommend to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelUS1997
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Comfort Inn is a great place to stay. It is very clean and well taken care of. The people are VERY Helpful. During the storm "Sandy" they were very helpful getting us rooms for people who were displaced. I would highly recommend!. Donna C.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Donna C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!