“Comfort Inn Absecon will be where I stay when I visit Atlantic City”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Absecon the weekend of my birthday, and the customer service was AWESOME! When I got there they had upgraded my room with a jacuzzi and the room was nice and clean. The people were pleasant and it was very close to the casino. When I got home that night, I realized that I had left my jewelry bag with all my jewelry in there. I called and it was still there "Yippee"! I thank God for the person who cleaned up the room because they were honest enough to turn it in to the front desk. I sent them a postage paid envelope, and they politely returned by jewlery bag. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends & family because my staff was nice. I really had a memorable birthday. Thanks to the Comfort Inn Staff you all were great!!

Room Tip: The first floor was very quiet and cozy.
1  Thank KEB714
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is not a three-star hotel at all. There are so many lies on this hotel's website!! This is how they advertise their breakfast "Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!"
It's a big fat lie! They don't serve hot breakfast, no eggs, no meat as advertised. We asked the person at the front desk about the hot breakfast they advertised, and he said they never advertised that. Here is the website to prove: http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-absecon-new_jersey-NJ167
Here is another excerpt taken from their website "This boutique-style hotel...". This is NOT a boutique hotel!! Rooms smell bad and bed linens are worn out and don't seem clean at all. I will never stay at this hotel again.
Their "Friendly customer service" should be described as non-existent customer service.
They should be sued for advertising lies!!
There are other hotels on the same street as this. Do some research and look some place else to stay.

2  Thank O R
Reviewed July 24, 2012

So we had tickets to see Carlos Santana at the Borgota in AC and made plans to do the weekend in AC. The Hotels on the boardwalk were crazy expensive so we looked at surrounding areas and found the Comfort Inn in Absecon. It was rated three stars so I thought it would be good. The only thing good about it was the location which was about 6 miles from the Casinos. After reading some of the reviews here I asked to see the room first before I checked in and I am glad I did. The bathroom was so outdated and gross. The bathtub had whirlpool jets that were black with mold. The chalk along the walls in the tub were also black. I told the guy at the front desk that we could not stay in the room so he gave me the "last room" he had which had an updated bathroom that had an insert in the tub area. No chalk or mold. The rooms were basic and on the small side. The breakfast area was extremely tiny and gross. The floors were so sticky and the food items were never stocked. When I finally found the women who was responsible to stock / clean the area I found out she did not understand a word of English. We ended up going to Dennys up the street which was much better. On the bright side the staff at the front desk were very pleasant and tried to help the best they could but were limited as to what they could do. The pool area is about as big as my master bathroom at home and the gym area was a hotel room that had a treadmill, bike, and elliptical in it. I got the filling that they have these minimal amenities just to boast their star rating. Comfort Inns, in general usually are not that bad but be advised that most of them are franchised and depending on how owns them determines the quality of the hotel standards.

Room Tip: There are a lot of other hotels in the area which would be a better choice.
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here 10 times in the last 6 months and they always remember me and my favorite jacuzzi room.Its ready upon arrival! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mikes3575
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stay was a disappointment. This was a last minute booking so no refunds- we wanted to walk away! We were vacationing with our daughter and small grandchildren. This hotel was to be our treat and ended up being an embarrassment! Luggage tolley fell apart, No lights in the pool, and we promised the kids they could swim at the nice hotel, 3rd floor was hot, smelled light cigarette smoke, air was off and room was hot on arrival, too hot to use. It took 2 hours to cool down on this 95 degree day. The internet was offline, desk clerk didn't know when it would come back online and we needed an internet connection for business transactions. This hotel is worn out- not what I expected from Choice Hotels. We had just come from the Marriott in MD that was so much better-

The Hotel did reply to my concerns and awarded us 1000 choice points. Of course, that's not what the children will remember about the visit

Room Tip: WE arrived the day of the 100degree heat wave. I'll think about calling ahead and asking them i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Rooms are nice size, comfortable and clean (thoroughly inspected and no sign of bed bugs) and the location was good for what we needed. Hotel itself was decent...though there were some carpet stains here and there.

We generally like Comfort Inn's because of the hospitality and the great breakfast that's included in your stay but this time was different. There was no coffee in the lobby...when I asked I was told (rather abruptly) "Not until 6:30"...in other words coffee is only available during breakfast. There was a coffee maker in the room which I was going to resort to but all they gave you was decaf. Sounds like no big deal but after what I've become accustomed to from Comfort Innf, this was a big strike...no coffee and unpleasant staff. Breakfast was ok thought the breakfast area was far too small in my opinion.

Another thing that bothered me...there is a side entrance to the hotel that is never locked. You can just open the door and walk right in and access the main floor and the stairwells up all the way to the 3rd floor. Just gave me an uneasy feeling.

Overall, it served the purpose but I'm glad we only stayed one night. Won't be choosing this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went for a concert at Atlantic City and wasn't going to stay overnight. At the last minute we decided to book a hotel. Researched hotels in the area and found this one. Not bad for the money. The first room we had was a little horrendous (one of the beds was lopsided, the window had a very dark film on it, the bedcovers had some undetecable spots on them and the rug was "wet") ... however upon contacting the front desk, they immediately switched us to a different floor and obviously, different room. It was A BIG difference from the first. However, the ac wasn't working in this room. Lol. So again I went to the front desk and when we returned from the concert, the room was very nice and comfortable.

This hotel also offers free continental breakfast and it was a good idea (the waffles are really good) but it is hard for me to rate this portion as it was also part of the Memorial Day weekend so there was a lot of people there. The staff was rushing around to accomodate the large crowd so I can't really fault them in that area. I do suggest they get better fruit. There wasn't a very large selection of fruit to choose from.

In terms of the check in and check out process, it was very simple and a piece of cake.

Again... the staff is very friendly and they fix any issues.

Room Tip: Room facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#4 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!