WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
New York City, New York
“Nice villas, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

This a very nice Marriott Vacation Club hotel. It has been recently updated so the villas have a modern look and feel. Since our visit was in April, the outdoor pools were still closed so we only got to use the indoor pool. As my son said, the indoor pool "was boring", it is very small and plain. I wish they had better/more amenities for the colder months.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Momsiemolly
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of Marriott's Fairway Villas! We are happy you loved the recently renovated villas. Our team also appreciates your feedback on cold weather activities and will share your comments with the appropriate managers. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Along with our friends and family, we rented three two-bedroom villas and stayed here for four nights. The villas are immaculate, well equipped and fully renovated. The kitchens are awesome and made life easy, as we did some eating in and some eating out. The villas have high end appliances, comfortable beds, quality laundry in each unit, an awesome gas-switch fireplace and a screened in balcony. We stayed in the Amelia building - all three of our villas were placed together on the third floor which made it a lot of fun and very convenient for the cousins and friends to bop from one place to another.

The service of the front desk was helpful and courteous. Check in was fine. We had requested early check in but due to being a full capacity, we couldn't get in quite as early as we wanted to. It was fine, though.

My husband used the fitness center which he found to be "good but not great - better than average." He also hit balls at the driving range a couple of times which he found to be very nice.

My sister and I each used the Red Door spa here on the premises for hair services which were very good. I will write a separate review on that. On Mon-Thurs, you get a 20% discount on Red Door spa services if you are staying at the villas, so we took advantage of that.

The property overall feels very well maintained, safe and pleasant. We did not use the indoor pool, simply because we ran out of time but perhaps next year if we return we will check that out. The outdoor pool, though covered up for the season, looked beautiful from what I could see.

Nearby to this resort you will find access to everything - restaurants, supermarket, pubs, CVS, etc. There are some cute local attractions (i.e. SmithTown Village) and of course Atlantic City is about 15-20 minutes away by car.

Definitely a good property. Give it a try!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Fairway Villas! We are happy your family enjoyed the resort and got to experience many of the on-site amenities. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again for your review!
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We are Marriott owners and exchanged to stay here for my spring school break. The weather was still a little cool but we enjoyed the visit. We had a third floor end unit and that was perfect. We hosted a small family reunion of 8 while staying here and we had plenty of room! The kitchen was perfect and we were all able to gather around the large screen TV to watch our UConn Huskies win and get to the National Championship basketball game! My husband played both golf courses and I had a massage and a facial! All were very good. The wine and cheese social on Monday night had a terrific vocalist--Kristina Pruitt. Make sure to have breakfast or lunch at Shea's cafe about 3 miles north on route 9. It is awesome!

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor and try to get the last unit so there is only one adjoining villa. Elevator...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank nwb
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is probably my 10th stay at The Seaview Marriott Vacation Club in Absecon NJ. Prior to staying in the Vacation Club my family and I stayed for years in the Marriott managed Seaview Golf Resort; but the hotel changed about 4 years ago to being managed by Dolce and is owned by Stockton College.
The vacation club just completed renovation of all of the units and they look terrific. Great Interior Design. All Units include 2 Bedrooms with King Beds and a sleeper sofa in one of the bedrooms as well as a sleeper sofa in the living room. Working gas fireplace and kitchen dining room including fridge, electric range, microwave and dishwasher. Washer and Dryer are in a contained space within the individual unit. Key for staying here is to stay on the (top) 3rd floor or else you will be disturbed by the people staying above you as you can hear all of their footsteps. Aside from staying on the 3rd floor ask for a back end unit so you do not hear people coming in from the elevator. Gave 3 stars as this is not a full service resort. No restaurant, no bellman, no turndown or room service, limited daily housekeeping
They do have a full service spa and two pools

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank njnetsfan
Seekonk, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We were so glad to stay here this week. The property is beautiful and well maintained. On Tuesday night there was a barbeque dinner with an absolutely fabulous entertainer, Beth Kinnon. Daily we enjoyed the athletic room, pool, and hot tub. Our room was spacious and the furnishings all looked brand new. We walked the nature trail and hit golf balls at the range. There were so many other things available like ping pong, shuffleboard, bocce, etc., but since were were less than ten miles to the casinos, we had to go to the boardwalk, too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pattsro
staten island, nyc, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My stay at this resort was from 28 March thru 4 April. I have stayed at this location many times. But what a surprised I had when I entered my villa to find a completely renovated apartment. I usually research any location I'm planning to stay at. I was unaware of any updating to this property. These updates include all new carpeting, furniture, kitchen cabinets, comfortable king size bedding and all new GE Profile appliances ( stove, refrig, microwave and dishwasher). These villas are large in size and make you feel very comfortable. Staff is outstanding and will try to meet any demand. The grounds are very well kept and the pool area (indoors) is excellent. This property is 10 minutes away from all the AC Casinos. Twice a year I treat myself to a one week stay at this property so I can play POKER for seven days at the Borgata Casino. Needless to say I enjoyed my entire weeks stay. This is a property worth looking into if your visiting area.

Room Tip: Because I am a senior citizen with medical problems I ask for a ground floor front villa and I have...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank noneck_73
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

From our arrival until our departure at the Marriott Fairway Villas, the staff, our accommodations, and the activities afforded us an unforgettable vacation experience. Our villa was spacious, well appointed, very attractive and was totally updated just prior to our arrival. There were two large bedrooms (jacuzzi in the master bedroom), two bathrooms, three tvs, living room with a fireplace, dining area, and full kitchen. The weekly activities included live entertainment, local area shuttle tours, juice bar, films, socials and much more. The well-equipped fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools, tennis, golf, walking trails , Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa were top-notch. Our stay was totally enjoyable, and we look forward to returning soon. Highly recommended.
Sharon F

Room Tip: We heeded other Trip Advisor's reviewers and requested a room on the top floor to avoid noise...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monterey23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Port-O-Call Hotel
Port-O-Call Hotel
#2 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!