“Great Hotel Outside AC”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
VA
“Great Hotel Outside AC”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This hotel is great if your going into Atlantic City. I didn't want to pay the high prices of the casinos so I looked for close hotels outside the city. I found this hotel and it had good reviews on tripadvisor. It's maybe a total of 10 mins away. I was so glad we stayed here. Checking in was a breeze, they already had my room key waiting as I had signed up for their Points program and they gave us an executive suite. The room was a nice big size and very clean. There are gas stations and a grocery store nearby.

The only negatives were the mattress was hard and if you are a light sleeper be aware the walls are thin (we could hear our next door neighbors) and get an upper level room if you can. We had a first floor room and you could here the noise from the lobby where the breakfast was.

Overall a great stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Went to convention center at AC with family and wanted hotel outside AC. Stayed at HI Express due to positive prior HI experience and these reviews. Everything positive was right on the mark. Hotel was very clean, simple check-in, friendly staff and great free breakfast in morning. The most impressive thing was the indoor pool. The indoor pool was very large and had a hot tub enclosed by lots of windows so you don't want to leave. All our kids loved the pool and hot tub as well as the over-sized family room so everyone had their own beds. Hotel is minutes to AC and right on the highway. Directly across the highway was five guys and philly pretzels which was a huge plus since they are not around us. There was plenty of food options along the highway. I also must point out that hotel is close to AC airport so you see planes very low when landing which my kids enjoyed but nothing that was a nuisance when sleeping. Driving home, the kids asked when can we go back to the hotel? Kid approved!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jtbr3
New York
Reviewed February 15, 2011

First of all I was staying there because my father had surgery done at the Mainland Hospital about 5 miles away. I needed to be there over night on 2 separate occasions and the first night I stayed at a Comfort Inn and hated it!
This Holiday Inn Express it really delightful, particularly Lou at the front desk was very friendly, professional and certainly went out of his way to make sure I got what I needed. I checked in late but all was smooth and the price was reasonable. They have an indoor pool that I didn't have the time to take advantage of unfortunately. The bed was really comfortable, triple sheeted, very clean. Bathroom was large and clean as well, plenty of light, plenty of mirrors. I slept great. No noise at all. Room was very spacious and breakfast was super. Eggs, sausage,choice of cereals, biscuits and gravy, OJ lots of great coffee, oatmeal, danishes etc etc. Also in the morning there was lots of natural sunlight in my room ( 316). The property as a whole is kept up very nicely, and the halls were clean and everything looked updated. I also used the hotel computer for business and it was fast and allowed me access to twitter and Facebook. Great Job everyone at the Holiday Inn Express you made a very stressful time warm and comfortable for me..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel just down the road from atlantic city. It only took about 7 minutes. The hotel is updated nicely with modern decor, beautiful indoor pool with hot tub, the most comfortable bed, shower, and lounge couches in the lobbys. Clean, clean, clean. Loved every moment of our stay. Also continental breakfast was nice. Has a nice finess room also. We will definatley stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This hotel is a nice,clean ,new looking place. The check in was easy even thou we were early. Breakfast is good, ( eggs ,biscuit, gravy ,) and other items too. Have a nice indoor pool , but we did not have time to try it, but it looked nice. Going toward ac, the hotel is easy to get to, but coming back it is a little tricky, since there is a divider on the highway so you have to go around, but beside that i was satisfied with this hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, and there is a fridge in the rooms, which is always a plus for me. Good experience. It is not in ac, but i knew where it was, and the distance did not bother me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Northeast PA
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I was pleased to check in early with no hassle. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Staff was friendly and informative.
I choose to not stay in Atlantic City (where my conference was being held) due to cost and personal comfort. I do not care for gambling or glitz so this hotel was worth driving 8 miles to each day for me. Nearby resturants were much more reasonably priced than AC, hotel parking was free, WiFi was free. A good value, I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I am for a business trip on this hotel,so it was a two way am nearby my corporate world and with the atlantic city.

Hotel was simple and superb.Has a good breakfast with excellent dishes.Njoyed lot.

Room service was quite good.

Location is somewhat not aceptable,can be better.

Room was good and looked nice to me.Took a smoking room and was quite comfortable

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Best Western Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 16,107 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!