“Awesome Room!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Room!”
Reviewed May 7, 2008

From the outside it doesn't look like anything special and the main lobby is kinda small. The hotel itself is only 3 floors and has been recently renovated. When we walked into our room I could not believe how much space there was! The ceilings are very high and it was a room with 2 queen beds. There was enough room to add another bed and there was always a very comfortable chair with ottoman. Usually you get the desk with the hard wood back chair but this was more like a chair you would have in your living room for relazing. We did not make it to the free breakfast because it ends at 9:30 There is a dennys right dwn the street but it was very crowded. There is a dinner if you just keep going past the wawa. I hink it was called galloway diner, but the food was excellent and no wait which was better. There is always a wawa right near the hotel which will always come in handy. It was a very short drive to Atlantic City which is the reason we stayed here. The price was reasonable for the room, $125 for a Sat. night. Much cheaper than the $400+ youd pay at the casino. The room was very very clean and I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Room size, cleanliness, location to Atlantic City
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank FC507

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New york
Reviewed March 28, 2008

This will be our fourth stay at the hotel. In the past we stayed at the HI on the Boardwalk but our last stay was not very memorable. Because we wanted to stay with a HI property (we are priority club members) we decided to book. We were not disappointed. The hotel is clean and the staff is outstanding. John, one of the managers, goes above and beyond the call of duty. On one of our visits, our adult children joined us. My son called the hotel and asked John to give us a message. John waited for us to come in (probably around midnight) and personally delivered the message. He wanted to make sure we received it.....how's that for service! As far as the train noise, honestly, I never noticed until I read about in a review. Trust me, it is not an issue. I wanted to comment about
the area....there are plenty of decent restaurants nearby the hotel which are not expensive. We love the Japanese restaurant and the diner for a quick bit. I will continue to stay at this property and spend the money I saved by not staying on the Boardwalk, for the April 2008.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joewiseguy28
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I again stayed at this hotel since my last visit was so good. I am glad to stay it was just as good this time.

I was greatly warmly, recognized as a priority club member, check-in was swift and friendly (it probably helped that they were training).

I double-checked my directions with the front staff and made my way into A/C. It is a straight line from the hotel to the casino I wanted. It took all of 10 minutes if that long.

The price was right, the room was very nice, very large, and those wonderful showers! The bed was comfy and the linens smelled fresh. There could be more light fixtures, but it was not a big issue.

The breakfast bar was also very nice and the manager very attentive and personable.

The only down-side (if you want to call it that) is that when you are driving back to the hotel, you must pass the hotel and make a U-turn to return to the hotel.

No photos but I'll make sure next time!

• Liked — price, location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — a little hard to return to
  • Stayed February 2008
2 Thank MyMuse
Highland Mills, NY
Reviewed February 23, 2008

After staying Thurs nite (comped) at the Borgata we decided to stay another nite to avoid driving home in a major snowstorm. Since the Borgata wanted $400.00 we looked elsewhere and were very pleased with the Holiday In Express in Absecon.

Booking through the Holiday Inn website, the rate was 95.00, which is pretty good for a Friday nite near AC. The hotel seems very new. Our nonsmoking room with 2 Queen beds was very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable with labeled "firm" and "soft" pillows. The breakfast in the morning was served in the nice common area near the front desk and included sausage, eggs and biscuits in addition to the usual "Continental" fare. Staff was very friendly and genuinely seemed to care that guests were happy (although I don't think anyone had anything to complain about).

The only down side that I think a few people mentioned, was the railroad tracks behind the hotel. I did notice a few trains go by but since there is no crossing near there the train doesn't blow the horn. It was barely noticable. However our room was in the middle of the hotel on the third floor. Maybe the trains are more of a noise problem if your room is further back. These tracks run behind ALL of the hotels/motels on that stretch of RT 30 (White Horse Pike), so staying at another place may not be an effective solution if an occasional train passing by bothers you.

Anyway, we will definately stay at the Absecon Holiday Inn Express again if we can't get a free room at the Borgata!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank morgoth3
Maryland
Reviewed January 28, 2008

i recently stayed at this location, I was quite disappointed in the quality of service I received because it did not meet my expectations of what the name “Holiday Inn” represents. When entering our hotel room early Sunday morning (it was after midnight), my guest and I noticed that there wasn’t any type of comforter, blanket, or bedspread on our king-sized bed. We didn’t bother alerting the front desk because we knew that by it being late, we were certain that housekeeping was closed and couldn’t provide us with these items. This decision would be something I would soon regret. The next day, we checked out later than usual at 1:00 pm and began to head home, which was three hours away. About an hour and a half into our drive, I received a phone call from a Mr. Ajay, the manager at the Holiday Inn Express. Mr. Ajay called to let me know that the blue throw that was supposed to be on our bed was “missing” and automatically assumed that my guest and I “stole” the throw. They charged my credit card, and then called to tell me to return it, and then they'd refund me the cost of it. The staff here are very discriminatory and be aware that this is a FRANCHISE so they make their own rules. In the end, they refunded me back the cost of the throw because they didn't have enough evidence to assume that that we stole it. A very HUMILIATING AND UNBIASED accusation to place on a guest who just wanted to save money and not stay on the Atlantic City strip. Also, the hotel shower curtain were filthy and the beds were very hard.

• Liked — When I left was the best thing about this accomodation.
  • Disliked — The UNPROFSSIONAL, DISCRIMINATORY and EGREGIOUS management staff.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
Reviewed January 22, 2008

I stayed here because the Holiday Inn I usually use on the boardwalk is being redone & I've had good experiences with HIExpress locations lately. Location wise, this one is a pretty quick drive from AC, especially if you're coming from the marina area, as I was. It's on east 30 -- the east bound side of a divided highway. When you drive past it coming west from AC, you have to go another half mile or so before there's somewhere to turn back around to get to the hotel. Thank you, NJ traffic engineers!

The hotel itself was typical for a HIExpress. The facilities looked recently updated and well maintained. The public areas consist of a small lobby with check in desk, a public computer at a small desk, and a large breakfast area with a big-screen TV. I had a king-nonsmoking room, which was appointed as expected for a mid-range property. The breakfast was the new standard hot variety, with egg rounds, sausage, and biscuits & gravy in addition to the continental items. Room rate (AAA discount) was good for a reputable property in this area.

My only issue with this property is noise. It's wedged between a busy road and a passenger rail line, so there's always something noisy going by. Internal noise proofing was also lacking, as door closings, and conversations and TV sounds form other rooms were loud enough to be disturbing, even after midnight. Now, I know it's AC so one should expect the other guests to be out later than some other places, but when I come in at midnight I don't expect to have to turn on the TV to a channel with only static so that I can get some sleep at 1 AM.

If my only other choice is a $350 casino room, I'll bring a white noise machine next time and it should be fine. Next trip, though, I'll give one of the other moderates on the boardwalk a try.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim S
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We stay here two or three times a year, and have never had anything but excellent service and quick resolution of any minor problems. It's very comfortable, very clean, and the railroad noise mentioned elsewhere is there but not a serious problem for most. A light sleeper on the end near the tracks might notice, but we don't, once we're in bed. Access to all rooms is by interior corridors.

There's free Internet access in addition to the free breakfast. The breakfast now has some hot items (eggs, sausage or bacon) in addition to cereal, breads, yogurt and fruit. John is always friendly and helpful, and seems to remember every guest.

It is not the cheapest place to stay, but it's certainly a good value. The rate is similar to other HIExpress properties. The location is very good, just a short drive to the casinos. All in all, well worth it.

• Liked — John's personal attention
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!