“Gluten Free Delight!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten Free Delight!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I am so glad that I found this little gem!!! The BEST gluten free eggplant parm ever! The owner was so kind and helpful and very knowledgable about GF. I am a new regular starting today!! Thank you Calabria!!!

• Visited April 2014

Parsippany, New Jersey
“Oh, whatta pie !”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was staying in the area at a Holiday Inn Express in Absecon, New Jersey for a couple nights... I was leaving my hotel for dinner, and I saw the box for this local pizzeria. Hm; if someone ordered from a local place, perhaps it came recommended...

I finished my business for the end of the day, and it was a bit late... around 8 in the evening on a unusually warm Sunday night the last weekend this September of 2013. I just wanted something to sate my appetite, and pizza fit the bill. I followed my directions (near my hotel, by Mill Road off U.S. Highway 30), and I was welcomed by the "Open every day [from 11 in the morning to 10 at night]" sign on the door.

My eyes being bigger than my appetite, I ordered the eighteen-inch "Calabria Special" pie, loaded with all my favorite toppings, and other I was curious to try too.

I ordered the pie, and was told it would be available in about 25 minutes. Did some shopping, came back in 25 minutes, and my "Calabria Special" was ready to go !

It was really, really GOOD... without a doubt, when I am in the area, I'd order from them again.

1 Thank OhToBeTraveling
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good garlic knots”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good for Absecon, good garlic knots, past was adv. soup was above adv. the cheescake was stale and old, very pricey

2 Thank G C
“Nice Mom & Pop place, with good food.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had the Vodka Penne with chicken. The pasta was hard--like you couldn't skewer it with a fork and had to scoop it up; not sure what that was about, so was turned off by the texture to start. The vodka sauce is top notch...I enjoyed this immensely.
The chicken (separate and extra) was tough as shoe leather, tasteless, and inedible. I ate part of it then finally slid it off my plate. Very disappointed there.
I give the food a healthy 3.

The service was nice with classic Italian staff (some of them anyway, especially the older guy). Service was attentive and friendly which would put the overall review into a '4' category, but with the chicken and pasta from above weighing it down, I've got to leave it at 3.

2 Thank fastfxr101
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Average Pizza”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We got a couple pizzas for a group and they were just OK. The poeple there were very nice, but the pizza didnt have much taste.

Visited June 2013