“Great food, reasonable prices”

Calabria Pizza & Italian Grill
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Absecon
“Great food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Calabria opened about 4 years ago, and we've been patronizing it since. We like it so much, we've had them cater some parties we've had. The food always so good. We like their subs and dinners. We expecially love their home made balsamic salad dressing, and the Chicken Bruschetta. Best dinner this side of Tuscany. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Though the restaurant is small, if there is a wait, it's always worth it. They also offer take out, delivery, and catering.

• Visited July 2012

“wow.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

ordered out. chicken sub was like rubber. was just not good. called to complain and no one even picked up the phone

2 Thank lela24
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Finally, delicious gluten-free Italian dining!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was my 3rd visit to Calabria Pizza & Italian Grill and hopefully there will be many more to come.

I've had their gluten-free pizza twice & both times it was good. While I have yet to find a gluten-free pizza that I totally love, I really did enjoy the 2 I had here. It helped that the sauce was delicious, the cheese was what I was expecting in an Italian pizza place, and the mushrooms & pepperoni were both tasty. The crust was one of the better ones I've had, too.

Since I was only in Atlantic City for a short trip this time, I got their chicken parmigiana to go. It survived the drive home well but wasn't as delightful as eating it fresh, so I'll focus on my previous experience. I hadn't eaten chicken parmigiana in about 3 yrs due to dietary restrictions & this was the 1st time I found it on a menu. Well, it turned out to be possibly the best chicken parmigiana I've ever had --and it was gluten-free! It was quite delicious, and I was also surprised to find I could get gluten--free stuffed ravioli. Both times I've opted for the cheese ravioli. It was quite nice as well. And I did try the gluten-free brownies they sell --very rich & tasty.

The staff has always been very pleasant and prompt. It is a small restaurant with a nice family business feel to it. All 3 times I've been, I saw the owner up front working & he has seemed very pleasant. The restaurant has been clean, including the bathroom.

I highly recommend it for gluten-free eaters who are visiting the Atlantic City area. Or anyone who enjoys a nice family-feel Italian meal!

• Visited August 2011