Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
$45
$81
Empire Inn(Absecon)
$14
Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
$43
$44
$89
Hampton.com
$49
$89
TripAdvisor
All reviewsatlantic citywafflesindoor poolthe general managerfresh fruitthe breakfast areatwo queen bedscasino hotelcontinental breakfastwhite horse pikeminute ridestayed one nightchecking ingreat pricenew jerseysaturday nightsandra
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here one night in June since I was flying out very early from the Atlantic City airport. I had to adjust my reservations a few times as things changed with the people I was traveling with. Every time I called the staff was always very helpful! When I checked in, I was helped by Keisha! She was awesome! I asked when the breakfast was put out since I had to leave for the airport by 5 am. She said the breakfast was usually put out by 6 AM but she offered to bring me a muffin and fruit to me for the morning! She brought it right to my room AND she had some already made up for my friends when they arrived. It was also very nice that I was able to leave my car there for week while I was away at no cost. Preferred my car being there then in long term parking at the airport! The shuttle service was awesome. The driver was nice and came at 5 am just for us even though it was outside of the normal hours. On our return flight we called earlier in the day to let them know when we would get in and then right as we landed. By the time we got our luggage, the driver was there waiting for us even though it was midnight. The $10 was so worth the shuttle! Way better than $30 taxi! Maybe not the poshest of hotels but very nice people, clean, and convenient! Special thanks to Keisha and the other women who helped me check in as well as the shuttle driver who was way friendlier than I was at 5am! BTW I have never taken the time to write a review for anyone like this before.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dogdocsma
Reviewed July 12, 2012

With the recent storms here that knocked out power, my family and I decided to get a hotel for a few nights. After touring a few hotels, we decided on the Clarion. It was very clean, comfortable beds and nice decor (loved the sink tops) and offered several amenities including free continental breakfast. We are timeshare owners, and have used our trades to many different properties, so by our standards, this was quite nice. But the most valuble amenity , is the manager Sandra. I have never seen such dedication to her staff, guest, and the overall operation. Apparently, there was a staff shortage and she was pulling double shifts. She was just as accommodating at the start of the days as she was by the end. Not just with us but all she came in contact with. Nothing was a problem and she made everyone feel welcomed and at ease while doing 5 things at once (phones, directing staff, front desk duties, etc.). Great value at a good price. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

2  Thank sunnsea44
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were going to be in Atlantic City and this was a good location - only 10 minutes from the Boardwalk and easy access from the Atlantic City Expressway/GSP. At check in, the front desk clerk told us they didn't have the requested roll away bed but they would change our room to a double for no extra charge. While it wasn't ideal, we understood. Room was very clean and had all the desired amenities. We picked this hotel because of the indoor heated pool for our daughter, so we changed clothes and went to the pool. Pool room was unbearably hot but that was because the group that went in before us requested to increase the thermostat. Pool was clean but many of the wall light fixtures did not work. We told the front desk and within minutes, someone came to try to fix it. He couldn't fix it and told us so, but we stayed because it wasn't dangerously dark. We thought the problem would stay until the next day, but to our surprise, 2 people (presumably the owners?) came in and fixed the problem - mind you it was about 9:30pm!! Needless to say, we were very impressed by the urgency they gave the problem.

Breakfast was as expected and the staff at check out was also very friendly. Only hiccup was that around 11am-12am, kids in the hallway were making a lot of noise (we were on the 2nd fl in front of the elevator), but we can't expect the hotel to control that. All being equal, I'd definitely recommend!!

3  Thank AANaik
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family of four was in town for an impromptu trip to Atlantic City. The weather was great and our first visit to the beach at AC was better than anticipated. Upon arrival at the Clarion late afternoon, we were checked in by a very pleasant young lady. The room was very nice, well-furnished, clean, with great wi-fi but from here things went south quickly. The room was directly behind what has to be the noisiest, busiest elevator on the planet. None of us were able to sleep. I complained about the room but was told the hotel was full so nothing could be done.

At checkout in the morning, I again complained about the room and was told the hotel knows it is very noisy and that it is only used when the hotel is full. No apology. Great, thanks very much for that. As penance, I wish the staff at the hotel experience noisy rooms just like this one, with tired young children in tow, for all future stays of their own.

Will never return, and highly encourage folks to make sure their room is AWAY from the elevator.

Room Tip: Warning - Make sure your room is away from the elevator.
6  Thank hikingmood
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

First of all, I sincerely apologize for the lack of empathy and apology our staff has shown in response to your concern. At Clarion, we always strive to provide the best guest experience under any circumstances. Unfortunately, we clearly under-delivered here. That said, I would love to invite you and your family back. We will take this opportunity to simply - make things right - and I'm confident that we will be a part of an amazing Atlantic City experience that you are looking forward to having.

Regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

What gracious employees ....They truly make you feel like a guest. Sandre Brown and LaKeisha Johnson (along with every other employee we met) were not only accomodating but beyond pleasant and helpful. The room was spotless, the pool was wonderful and the staff added the personal touch to each and every guest so much that I will be recommending friends and family to stay at the Clarion instead of the casinos! The breakfasts were lovely and the coffee was fresh no matter what the time of day. It's nice to stay at a place where the staff is so obviously happy and proud of their workplace. It certainly shows! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple