“"A wonderful alternative to AC prices"”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reading
“"A wonderful alternative to AC prices"”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Tried this hotel because we had a Groupon deal. What a surprise! The staff was exceptionally personable and helpful, the rooms large and well appointed with the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever experienced. We are given the option of down or down alternative pillows on the bed. Nice breakfast options including oranges, apples, bananas, cantaloupe and grapes( unusual for a continental selection). Very nice indoor pool. Shuttle to Showboat in AC available hourly. Not sue we would have picked this hotel on its own without the Groupon offer, but now that we have been there we will definitely return.

1 Thank Burdview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Super clean well appointed rooms, indoor heated pool and sauna. Beds are VERY comfortable. We felt like this is our new stopoff in AC and we wont have to worry about a thing! Breakfast looked fabulious too!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jdubkenji
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We went to Atlantic City for a concert on Saturday night. The hotels in AC were charging $200-$400 for a room so we stayed at the Clarion which only charged $99. The hotel is only located 7 miles from the Casinos so it only took 10-15 minutes to get to the show. The hotel has a shuttle which will drop you off and pick you up - $10 a person, each way. Last shuttle is at 1:30 a.m. I thought $40 for the two of us was kind of steep so we drove. We only had to pay $10 to park at the Casino.

The room we had was spacious with a king size bed and sofa. The room and bathroom were spotless. We were in the room at the end of the hallway nearest to the White Horse Pike, so we heard all of the street noise, which was very loud. Make sure to request a room away from the roadway.

The hotel had a free continental breakfast in the morning which consisted of pasties, muffins, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, coffee and juice.

We go to AC for concerts about twice a year, I will definitely stay at the Clarion again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away for the roadway. White Horse Pike is an extremely busy road and our room was qu...
1 Thank Lulubelle1212
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Staff was friendly, helpful, and NICE. Rooms were nice, roomy, and clean. Great place to stay :-)

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2012

All I have to say is, I agree with Elle C. I had the same exact experience. But @ ellie, I gave up on the shuttle. It wasnt worth dealing with her. From my room, I could hear the management saying, "no, you misunderstood sir, I can bring up your reservation now that's not what you said to me." more times than I can count. Other things I heard were, "No sir, I thought I made myself clear...". As for myself, I just stopped dealing with the management outside of "hi" and "bye". The best helpful tid bit was, Me: "Can you tell me which way to the showboat?" Response: "Seven miles that way." and the best attempt at conversation, Me: (whitney houston music playing in lobby) "Oh are you watching the funeral?" Response: "No. why should I? what does she have to do with me?" Would I stay again? Absolutely not, unless I was a masochist.

Room Tip: Pick the one farthest away from the management and use your key to enter through the pool so you don...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank timesharemom
Middle Village, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for my husband and I in a last minute trip to Atlantic City for the night of February 18th. In making the reservation, the woman on the telephone was very friendly and pleasant. When we arrived and checked in, Sandra, was the same friendly and pleasant person who knew her job and performed it well. Our room was very clean and passed my inspection. The beds were comfy looking, inviting and had clean white-crisp sheets. The room also had a microwave, coffee maker and a nice-size refrigerator. Breakfast is included with your stay and was more than adequate. In staying over night, we did not use the indoor pool or fitness room. There is no hot tub. Would have liked the water temperature in the shower to be hotter!
We would definitely stay at the Clarion Inn again!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Let me start off by saying this hotel was great for the price we paid in terms of room cleanliness and amenities. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean (and that really is the MAIN thing) ...

HOWEVER, from the minute we stepped through the door the so called manager was in our faces about any little detail:

1) we purchased through Groupon and were supposed to get the room Sat night for 109 including shuttle and casino/snack bar credits - this was fine
2) our second night we purchased at the rate of 89 (instead of 45) because the guy told us we would get the shuttle the second day as well as additonal casino/snack bar credits...WRONG

here's how #2 really went; Manager: "you're liars, that was never available to you (insert major teeth kissing here)" she was rude and obnoxious; I work in the service industry and have stayed at countless hotels and have NEVER, and i mean NEVER been treated with even a fraction of the disgust and distaste this woman embodied.

3) on the second night we tried to book the shuttle (because you have to book it min. hour in advance in order to get a seat) to be told that the shuttle only runs until 9pm - ummm?? shouldn't this have been posted somewhere since Saturday it ran until 1:30?!

4) we got in late Sunday night and overslept the check out at 11am (obviously this is our mistake and we had no qualms about paying for the room for the extra night because of our late check out---hotel policy totally fine!) What wasn't fine was the snarky remarks that she gave when we went to check out: Manager: "you're checking out so early you have until tomorrow thats a waste dont you think" ...um no! we are checking out LATE because we over slept and yes we will pay the extra night but theres no need to be a "w"itch (pardon my french) about it..

Finally, after coming home and having access to my groupons again I signed on and located the deal to find low and behold FALSE ADVERTISING as well as SHE IS A LIAR (despite trying to tell us we are)

I respect businesses and how they need to operate to make profit...however, running a shady promotion and then treating your customers like total crap is atrocious.

I will definitely NEVER be back to this hotel and I will also be contacting the chain itself and filing a complaint as well as contacting groupon so they know what kind of business they are representing (I have dealt with groupon many times and always had good experiences and any time I havent they have been exceptionally accommodating to make up for it so as to not lose me as a customer - now THEY are the embodiment of good customer service

In closing, I would think twice about staying at this hotel - if you stay because it's a good price then by all means it is clean and great in that sense, just steer clear of the manager if you can (she tends to wear tracksuits thinking its appropriate business attire) she will ruin your week if she gets you in her sights

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Elle C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!