“Great stay for the $$”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Great stay for the $$”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I planned a spontaneous getaway for my husband and I and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a weekend in the heart of Atlantic City (on a weekend). This place is about 20 mins from Atlantic City and was everything we needed. Our room had two queen beds, was very clean and even had a whirlpool tub (for 2).

The only complaint I had was the shower was IMPOSSIBLE to turn on. The knob was ridiculously tight, and when we called the front desk to ask how to turn it on, we were told to just turn it really far to the right and that it's hard to turn (yeah, no kidding!). I ended up taking baths because if my husband wasn't there, there was no way I'd be able to turn it on, and if I did - I wouldn't be able to turn it off. We're in our twenties, so anyone elderly certainly would struggle.

Other than that, the breakfast every morning was sufficient and included in the price of the stay. We didn't use the pool or sauna, so I can't comment on that.

We had a great time here and would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel is immaculately clean and maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They present a very nice contintental breakfast which suits a variety of dietary needs. The beds are extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A Couple of friends and I went to Atlantic City for the weekend to relax and unwind. Check-in was a breeze and with our Groupons, we got tons of free stuff! So we decided we wanted to go out to a nice club, we called up the different casino's asking for there dress code, and they all said "no sneakers/tennis shoes"......granted we should have known this in the first place, but we are from Pittsburgh, you can get into our fanciest club with a "pull my finger" T-shirt on! So we called front desk and we asked them if they knew of anywhere we could find nice shoes for cheap, She said there was a K-mart close.....she could tell that we had been pre-gaming to go out for a solid hour and a half, so we couldn't drive. The DRIVER said he would go get them for us!!! alone, like we just gave him the money, and he went and grabbed them and we pre-gamed! once he came back, we switched our shoes and we were ready to go! This hotel definitely made our vacation!!! Great staff, great service

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jkoestline
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is the second time my group (about 12 rooms) has stayed at the Clarion Atlantic City North. And again we had an excellent experience. The manager, Sandra, was amazing! There are allot of details when booking a group-- but Sandra made it stress free. She is the best! Really, all of the staff are great!

The hotel is new and clean. The staff are always in the lobby cleaning- dusting & mopping. The lobby has a fresh scent! The hotel is bright and cheery. We had a great time, and will return yet again!

Room Tip: The family suite is nice!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sherman, Connecticut
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and i went for a weekend get away and i book this hotel through Hotels.com, upon our arrival the young lady named Sandra checked us in, The room was spotless and Sandra was the type of person that if i had a business i would hire in a minute, she attended to all our needs and very polite. we will definately go back again. THANK YOU SANDRA !!!

Room Tip: Get the king size bed with the jacuzzi what a beautiful room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I'm a photographer and will be shooting a wedding in Galloway Twp. in August. I went on TripAdvisor to see what was available nearby and saw the outstanding reviews of the Clarion.

I just got off the phone with Kisha after booking 2 rooms. She is the reason I booked the hotel on the spot, super friendly and professional. Just hearing her enthusiasm about the hotel and her offering a manager's special, there's no reason to stay anywhere else, even to save a few dollars. I didn't even call any other hotels. If the experience at the hotel is anywhere close to the great experience in just booking it, we'll be back!

Hope to see Kisha in August, thank you!

Alyse
3 Chicks That Click Photography
www.3chicksthatclick.com

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed in the clarion in atlantic city the female staff was excellent we got lost on the way to the motel and the person who answered the phone was great she gave us great directions and stayed on the phone with us until we arrived I think her name was kira. The service was great the jaccusi sweet was great and the waffle breakfast was the best . very clean .Better then staying in the big hotels. very accomodating. I reccomend this hotel highly. Cant wait 2 go back again.

Room Tip: very quiet we were on first floor jaccusi room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!