“Great Value and Excellent Service, an extremely pleasant experience!”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We only stayed overnight at the Clarion, as we live 50 minutes from ACY and had a very early morning flight. We arrived late (11:45pm) and the woman at the desk was extremely friendly. She quickly got us into our room. She was telling us about breakfast, and when we said we would be leaving too early, she offered to make us a to go bag.

Our room was beautiful, clean and looked very well maintained. I expected it to be noisier, as we were on an end room which was right on the road, but we could not hear anything at all. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on while traveling (wish our bed in Punta Cana was that comfy!). Check out in the morning was quick and easy and the gentleman and the desk was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MariaCBTraveler

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed 4-7 August 2011. The grounds were excellent, on the “White Horse Pike” great location, safe, up the street from the Best Western which I stayed earlier this week. I had the two queen beds in the main area, which the one bedroom that is separate, which I loved this set up. But again another non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. I guess I should have asked but I just figured this was almost the end of a long trip and why go through this again. So I had candles, febreze to help with that. Even stuck some of my downy sheets in the AC vents to help. That is when I noticed how dirty the vents were and to the filters out to clean them out in the tub. Then wipe the actual vent slots out with the Clorox wipes I carry. The walls are pretty quiet because in the hallway we could hear the lady next door fussing at someone on the phone but could not hear it in the room. The pool area (inside) was nice according to my boys and they got into the sauna too. The bathroom toilet and tub I cleaned also. The bathroom was in need of some caulking and other minor repairs. The breakfast was nice and clean. We got down early but if you wait until 0900/1000 just at closing, there will be a lot of late sleepers like you down there. You can take your food back to your room but they were crowded when we were headed out on our ventures. The elliptical they had was light weight and wobbly, so that was a bummer for me. There is a shuttle that takes you to AC from hotel. So if you asked me if I would stay again, I would have to think long and had and other options would have to be closed to me already. It wasn’t bad and maybe if I did ask for another non-smoky room that might have made a difference to me but it is what it is.

3  Thank msworldadventure
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is excellent. As soon as you walk in the door they greet you with a smile. Ana was working the desk and was very nice with a big smile. The room was clean. Breakfast was excellent.
When my wife and I are in the area again we will come back here again.
Thank you for a great stay.

2  Thank candymanNewJersey
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed during a road trip and we stayed an extra night thanks to the Keisha. She was so wonderful. The room was beautiful. It was so relaxing. Keisha even called our room to make sure my daughter made it up safely before she left for the night. It felt like we were staying with family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We were on a one day and one overnight stay in Atlantic City, and since we are not gamblers we decided to save some money and stay a couple of miles out of town. We were very pleased with this Clarion. We were greeted by a very friendly attendant who made us feel as if we were the most special guests in the hotel. She let us know about the indoor pool, gazebo, 24 hour free coffee, tea and hot chocolate and also the complimentary breakfast. She also explained the best places to park in Atlantic City. Our king room was very spacious and very clean. It had a flat screen TV, a mini fridge, a couch and coffee table and a very spacious bathroom. The bed had a choice of real down and imitation down pillows and the room looked well cared for. The hotel neighborhood is pretty bland with mostly hotel after hotel but it was only 10 minutes to the city. The hotel runs a shuttle to AC but the sign indicated that it was $10 a person and only runs till 10 p.m. during the week. So it was much cheaper to take the car and park for $5 at the Taj Mahal. The breakfast was more than adequate with a choice of juices, milk, coffee, tea, cereal, breads, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins and yogurt. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel, and for anyone not wanting to stay in town, this was a great alternative.

Room Tip: Do not choose one of the three or four rooms next to the lobby.
Reviewed August 5, 2011

great hotel very clean service was great receptionists were all very helpful We preferred Ocean City over Atlantic City by far not much for gambling we enjoyed the beach and boardwalk at Ocean City although the ladies loved the Outlet stores at Atlantic City

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2011

we were looking for a nice place to stay for the night on our trip down the shore. From check in to check out we were very happy. The room was neat clean and roomy pool was nice, breakfast was good. Only thing we were slightly unhappy about was the wall between the rooms was a little thin ( we had the 2 room 3queen bed suite) in the smaller room we could hear the t.v. From the next room. But overall great stay nice hotel and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank davdadude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!