“breakfast was fine. not open for dinner”

Seaview's Main Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Seaview's Main Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9 & Jimmy Leeds Road
Reviewed October 2, 2012

dining room not open for dinner the weekend we stayed. had breakfast there twice. Both buffet and menu choices were excellent.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I live locally and have not been there for over a year. Went with a group of girlfriends. Upon entering there were peopel ahead of us who I believe had to downgrade their reservation. the gentelman at the podium was not happy about that and we waited. We had a reservation. I also had to downgrade my reservation and he actually rolled his eyes and I commented to him about this. The hostess came over to the podium and I explained to her that if we were called to confirm our reservation would have told them we were one less, but no one ever confirmed. The hostess was lovely in her greeting. we were seated and provided a mimosa, one friend ordered a soda which was delivered. I asked how the buffet was set up and it was explained. that was the last we saw of our server.

The food was good - but the variety has definitely decreased since before and it wasn't out of this world but it was good.

I went to get waffles and the whipped cream container was empty. I asked if there was more and I was told that it had to be refilled by a runner. that didn't happen for more than five minutes when the waffels were cold.

Went to order an omelet - there were no plates I was told to go to another station to get a plate. You have to ask what is available for the omelette which is confusing so my omelette was incorrect and was remade. Wnated ham with my omelette and waited while lthe server served ham to people who only wanted ham and walked up well after me.

I had to ask someone to remove our dirty plates, several times as no one came over to do it voluntarily. It seemed that we were not assigned a server.

After we sat there for about an hour or more - I finally found Christine, and asked if we could get any water or any drinks for the table since no one came to ask us the whole time we were there. She was very friendly and attentive and cordial and we were not her table.

We went to get bagels and there was no butter, and we had to ask and wait for the butter. It seemed to take forever for things to get refilled.

I must note the restaurant was not fully booked and we did sit there for a bit, but that was because no one brought our check.

I think for the price - you can do much better elsewhere - it is nice for a special occasion, but living locally I don't think I will frequent it.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Even though the dinning room was extremely busy that Sunday morning we enjoyed an excellent breakfast and fabulous service.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We started out each day with the wonderful Breakfast buffet.
Great selection and great staff.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I told my family we were going to dine in the legendary main dinning room. My Easter surprise gift to my family wasn't going to happen...

1  Thank fleasy