“Horrible. Bad service, abrasive and belligerent staff.”
Review of Rest Inn

Rest Inn
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Cambridge
“Horrible. Bad service, abrasive and belligerent staff.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unfortunately, the staff at the hotel was very abrasive and belligerent towards me. First, the nonsmoking room I requested was clEarly filled with the smoke smell. I went to the front desk to ask about it and for them to take care of it, but they wouldn't. After more pestering, they gave me a spray bottle and do it myself. The next morning, I asked for a different room. There were none. However, instead of politely stating so, he was very abrasive and suggested that if I were I satisfied with the room that he would cancel the reservation which I had already paid for and force me to find another place to stay. I think that in general, because there is always demand at this branch, that they don't really care about service and are cool with putting people off since they will always be getting new blood to take money from. Even the Internet didn't work, and they did nothing to fix it. They told me to use the "hoppa" in the lobby, which I have no idea what that is. And when I went to the office in the morning, it was locked and he said they don't open until 8am and slammed the door i my face. How am I supposed to work that way? What a terrible branch, you are giving the entire company a bad name. At least treat people with respect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When you let a stranger run American property you get the poorest service you can get.The front desk guy of this hotel doesn`t know how to run it.The indi personal ,I think is his mom,doesn`t know how to clean the rooms.The front desk unfriendly guy tries, for all the ways possible, to charge you for everything.That is understandable.The facilities are not what I expected for a super 8 ,motel 6 is much better.The iron didn`t work,the bedspread was so dirty, I saw the same stains everyday.They don't clean ,they ask you if you want your room to be cleaned when all of us know that they have to do it without asking.The front desk guy calls himself the owner,shame on him.When you let an outsider run American property,you get crap.I will never stay in this white rats hotel again in my life.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we got this on a deal, which made it attractive, since we were visiting with family at the beach, so we were only in the motel to sleep. The hotel is indeed well-worn, and the clock wasn't working at all. The refrigerator and microwave were so far from the one available outlet that I had to move them to the floor to make them reach (they had been sitting on the dresser). The bed was okay - not exactly un-fresh, but it didn't give me any good vibes either. However we slept okay, so no complaints about the mattresses. Overall I'd say to stay there only if you pay no more than $60/night for the room.

Room Tip: The corner room, #115, was quiet. Use the room's coffeemaker if you're an early riser, becau...