“A Nice Little Hotel”
Review of Rest Inn

Rest Inn
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and that was why I returned. This most recent visit was from 8/12/12 to 8/19/12. The room was clean including the carpet and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. If your looking for an inexpensive room look no further.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Book elsewhere!! I didn't give it 1 star b/c the front desk people were very nice and the cleaning lady was sweet. The sheets and matress were very clean. The toilet, shower, sink... all clean. The carpet was NOT. The chairs in the room were a breeding ground for who-knows-what?? Absolutely nasty! As usual with most places the bedspread was gross. But the clincher was the blanket under the bedspread which had so much vile, disgusting "stuff" on it that it took everything for me not to vomit! I traveled Friday, 7/20 with my husband and 2 sons. We can typically roll with just about anything! We wanted to avoid traffic on Saturday morning to the shore so we decided to find a decent place on TripAdvisor in the area. For years I have SWORN by TripAdvisor and have never been let down until we walked in that room! Another thing is the smell was overwhelming of cleaning chemicals but so strong we had to wonder if there was something nasty they were trying to cover up. This place might be ok for a group of 20-somethings but otherwise I would implore everyone to look elsewhere!! We packed up and left w/o saying a word to the front desk b/c we couldn't get out of there fast enough! Dumb, I know, but THAT is how badly we wanted to get out!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kbarnes26
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I wish they had a zero rating I could give, we stayed in this horrible little place a year or so ago but had such bad experience that when this popped up on a travel site I had to put my 2 cents in. This place was so bad that we complained to Super 8 about it and were actually given a partial refund. I'd rather sleep in my car than stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Sketchy. 'Nonsmoking' room made our clothes smell after 10 minutes. The people at the desk were nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Please DON'T go there. I had a really bad experience, rooms smell really bad!! everything is so discusting there. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Booked a room here for one night and it was disgusting!!! Smelled like mildew, bed was hard, sheets were dirty, tub had a dirt ring all around.... It was just nasty! Very nice people at front desk but hotel definitely needs some work. Please go across the street to another hotel if you want to be comfortable! If you don't mind sleeping in a very cheesy hotel, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here on a Friday Night. It's near Atlantic City but the rate was reasonable. The room, bed and bath were also acceptable.

They do have quite an extensive TV/Cable selection.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank RichRiverside_CT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 18 in Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway

Been to Rest Inn? Share your experiences!