“We would like to thank your Absecon Superlodge manager”
Review of Superlodge

Superlodge
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We are from Canada. We would like to thank your Absecon Superlodge manager for a pleasant stay at your hotel. Please let the manager know that we are very grateful to him because he was very nice to us, the hotel room was exactly as described, the price was very reasonnable and it was always clean. We are very satisfied and look forward to staying again at the Absecon Superlodge.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2009

The manager/owner of this establishment was the rudest person I have ever encountered at a hotel. We reserved the King size/jacuzzi "suite" and paid a premium for it. We requested a late check-out because we were going to a show in Atlantic City that didn't start until 11 PM.
When we arrived, we checked-in and went to our room. We couldn't find any extra pillows in the room, so I called the desk to request them. My spouse and I are both disabled. At home we sleep in an adjustable bed. When we travel we always ask for four extra pillows to put under our legs. Without them, we would awake in a lot of pain in the morning and with very limited mobility. When we made our request, the manager stated that it was not possible because "we don't keep extra pillows just lying around", and that he would "have to remove them from another room", which he wouldn't even consider. I asked if he could send some extra sheets and blankets then, and he acted as though we were asking for them so we could steal them or something! I was appalled! Finally, a woman and a teenage boy did bring the extra linens.
The next morning our phone was ringing at 10:30 AM. When I answered it, the "manager" was telling me we needed to check-out by 11 AM! I told him we had arranged for a late check-out when we made the reservation. He yelled at me!! He said "I have no record of any such request! Check-out is at 11am!" I calmly reiterated my late check out arrangement and hung up. He called back, really screaming at me now and said that we had until 11:30 AM to get out.
Once again I have to say, I have never been treated so badly by anyone in the hospitality industry. I would not reccomend this establishment to anyone!! Avoid it like the plague!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chefdeb64
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Thank god we only stayed at this place for one night. We got there around 9 and i booked the upgraded king hot tub suite. When we walked into the room the door was very hard to open reason being the carpet was to high off the floor. It gets better we walked in an proceeded to check out the room noticing a hole in the wall about the size of a videotape. The wall to wall carpet was coming off the wall. We then walked into the sink/bathroom area and noticed ladybugs all over the place. In reading other reviews other guests failed to mention that NJ TRANSIT COMMUTER TRAIN goes through at almost ALL HOURS of the NIGHT. Also the front desk clerk wasnt very nice or helpful. Last but not least the walls are paper thin as we could hear our upstairs neighbors most of the night. Overall stay was horrendous thank god we stayed at HARRAHS the next night.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank TeamCleaveland
Reviewed October 9, 2007

A complete waste of money. Even if you can get past the train passing right outside the rooms every hour on the hour, you would still need to deal with the filth as well as the uninvited flies, mosquitoes and spiders who have made a home in the Super Lodge Motel. The bathroom was disgusting, the tub was filthy and the shower curtain smelled like it had been hanging there for decades. The towels had holes and were as old as the shower curtain and smelled just as bad. I only used them to clean the bathtub and to cover the bathroom floor so I did not have to touch it. Not worth the deal.....as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for" in this case we OVERPAID!!!
Stay at your own risk.

1  Thank edz77
Reviewed September 26, 2007

It only cost me $37 a night for a one person stay during a weeknight, (plus tax). But the room was reasonably clean, and certainly large. The shower was the best shower I have ever had in a motel during the past 45 years. The shower was just a shower-head in the bathtub, which is common. But although there was no non-skid pad or non-skid covering to put on the bottom of the tub, the bottom of the tub itself was truly non-skid, and without being rough. And that was all I needed, yet the tub still had two strong grab bars on two sides of the wall around the tub. Given the truly non-skid bathtub, I did not need those grab bars, but it was nice to know that they were there. And you could adjust the showerhead as you wished, and even have a high flow rate of water if that is what you want. Plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasGuyHouston
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Front desk clerk was very rude and shifty... hotel says they are pet friendly with very high additional fees, yet will not clean your room if you do bring a pet - so no clean towels, etc. unless you talk directly to the maid service person and give them money every day... king jacuzzi "suite" is only one big room with jacuzzi/tub right next to the bed... free internet wi-fi is for Windows only - no Macs... continental breakfast from 6 am to 10 am doesn't start until 7:30 am and is just vending machine items... walls are so thin you can hear every other toilet flush... high speed train runs at all hours very close to the back of the hotel and sounds and feels like an explosion... street traffic turns around right next to the hotel... there are no "do not disturb" signs unless you ask for one at the front desk... very very noisy at all hours... drainage grate that runs around the perimeter has stagnant green water in it... no refunds at all no matter what... the only 2 good things were the jacuzzi was good and they are close to Atlantic City...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank RenegadeSistah
Reviewed August 7, 2007

The room, desk attendant, and accessiblity to the boardwalk was all more than acceptable for such a reasonable price. The supermarket right across the street is an added convenience.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
#10 of 17 in Galloway
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!