WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Wellford, South Carolina, United States
“Mean owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Room was clean. Close to the road so there was road noise but not real bad.
The worst thing was and why I would not go back was the female owner. She had the WORST customer service I have ever encounted. She was close to mean. If I wouldn't have paid in advance through hotels.com I would not have stayed there.
Bed was old and sagging.

Room Tip: Go late in the day and try to encounter the male owner or don't go.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Judy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The toilet paper holder was torn off the wall and in the closet in the next room. Mold in the shower and around the tub surround. Shower curtain rod broken. Towels threadbare and gray (not the color just dirty). The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. Several lamps didn't work and the shades were torn and dirty. The tile floor was sticky and the carpet felt damp and greasy. Forget breakfast. We didn't even bother to eat it. The lobby was so dirty we didn't want touch anything never the less eat. It is animal friendly. I wouldn't even let my dog stay there. When we complained to the person at the front desk (we believe he was the owner), he didn't care and didn't want to hear anything. So do yourself a favor and don't book this DUMP!!!!! I won't click to rate this dump because a 0 rating is too good. Oh had to check something for rating or it wouldn't allow me to post this review.

Room Tip: Do not stay in any of the rooms here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sylvia P
Somers Point, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Jacuzzi room right next to the office Not good All you hear is doors slamming and opening
No nonsmoking jacuzzi room Bed not great Nice size shower
Breakfast was a joke Weak coffee, watered down orange juice, ting muffins That's all they offered I am not coming back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The guy called about our reservations then when we first arrived the room was no where near ready and it was a little after 4pm the Jacuzzi room is right next door to the front desk so there all in your business the door was filthy the walls were very dirty the bathroom looked like a disgusting public bathroom some of walls were chipped we got 2 nights paid in advance and the owner would not let us get a refund for day 2 room was nasty he couldn't even explain to us how to use the Jacuzzi tub. Paid for 2 nights but did not stay went to royal lodge DON'T STAY HERE SERIOUSLY.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lelelivinlife
Union City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

There's a reason why it is cheaper than nearby motels- the place is horrible! Rooms have a musty SMELL, rooms are dirty, towels feel like sandpaper, bedspreads have stains, etc; too bad, cause it is a good location but they could take better care of the rooms, like a paint job.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay in the well known chain hotels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rex e
Bronx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Arrived on Friday evening. Mr husband & I entered our room & immediately was overcome with smokey smell. Yuk. We had to leave the door open & spray the room with air freshner spray & lysol we brought with us. The 3 pillows on the bed was extremely flat. The carpet was stickey & dirty. Had to keep our shoes on. The shades on the lamp dirty with spots on them. The towels dingy. Felt uncomfortable lying in the bed. We took a shower, had a hard time turning on shower. Called the front desk the manager's wife, I could hardly hear her because the volume was so low& could not be adjusted. She finally came over & pulled hard on the knob of the shower to turn it on. The next morning we woke up to go out for the day left the soiled towels outside the door, went to their continental breakfast @7 am. The front door was locked which stated that it will be open@6 am. My husband had to ring bell 4 times before manager's wife came out. She just woke up it looked like. The breakfast was very small one bite muffins& coffee. Disappointed. When we came back to the motel to take shower to go out for dinner, we noticed that there were no replaced clean towels. I called front desk to ask for clean towel, was told housekeeping left for the day. So that means what? The manager said he will see what he can do. We never received clean towels. Good thing my husband and I kept our washcloths& one hand towel. I asked for an iron, I had to go get it. (SMH). The microwave was rusty inside, I was afraid to put my food inside to reheat. My husband& I left out Sunday morning @ 8 am. Could not wait until 11 am check out. And this is supposed to be a 3 star motel. I don't think so.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank mischie41
Absecon, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place is dirty, the owners/managers are extreamly rude and like to peek into your room. If someone knocks on your door the owner lady will stand behind off to the side and peek into your room. There was no breakfast, no maid service, sheets are dirty, internet is extreamly slow. Its overall just a bad place. do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank bn821
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Travelodge Atlantic City
Travelodge Atlantic City
#9 of 18 in Galloway
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!