Empire Inn
$86
ClarionHotels
$89
Hampton.com
Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
$43
$45
$48
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat place for the priceatlantic citylarge mirrordollar treelow costmini fridgegood sizebed was comfortableshower curtaintaxshopriteoutlets
Reviewed June 24, 2013

anyone who is crying about this place is simply a spoiled brat. as i write this review, im in my room at the hotel, feeling nice and cool (it was in the upper 80's/lower 90's today), cuz the ac is amazing. the room is bigger,cleaner, nicer than i thought. pool is very nice. continental bfest is terrible, but i wasnt expecting greatness. bottom line is this; this place is great for the price you're paying, period. i've stayed in worse places on the ac boardwalk. people have cryed about marks on walls, bad water pressure, etc... if you're a prissy bi*ch, stay away, i guess. if you're a normal human being, hopefully i'll see you here someday, as i will not hesitate to come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had no problem when I stayed there. I think some people are over thinking bad feedback. I was satisfied when I stayed there. I also believe other hotels will make bad comments just to get a sale. I liked Empire when I stayed there. It was good enough for a cheap rate. Cable, Internet, Fridge, Microwave, Pool, Clean covers, etc. WOW only the shower curtain rob was a little bent. I don't complain about stupid things like that. If there were bugs and bad smells and bad service, Yeah I would complain, But there wasn't. To the complainers, GROW UP! If you wanna live in a fancy place, Go to the casino rooms. They have dirt too. You get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more than you pay for. At the Empire, At I more than I payed for in a good manner.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before complaining. My first time was satisfying.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Needed a place to sleep for a night, the reviews that I read sounded ok and the pictures look fine. Found a good rate on Expedia and booked it last minute in the afternoon. Cell phone started ringing constantly from expedia and this hotel (but it is too expensive to answer my cell in another country). Arrived at the hotel and was told they did not have the room that I booked. The man at the front desk was pleasant and said he kept calling me on my phone. Anyways he showed me 3 rooms all stunk like smoke (we are not smokers and booked a non smoking room).
It was getting late and it was only for one night so my wife picked the least stinky room. After settling into the room we began to notice how disgusting it really was, strange stains on the walls, carpets were stained and dirty, lamps were missing light bulbs, hair and mold in bathroom, toilet missing pieces, holes/scrapes in walls. I would never ever go to this hotel ever again.....beware.

Room Tip: *avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nick123x
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well we stayed here for a night because Showboat would only give us one night. :(
No problem, its close to the casinos, and cheap. We paid $26 plus tax. Do you know what you get for $26?
This place!
Check in was ridiculous. The clerk tried to charge us, and we had already prepaid at hotels.com. Then upon closer look at the bill, it was someone elses!
Ok, the room. We were on the second floor right next to the maids closet, which was noisy in the early morning hours. The water pressure was literaly a tricle. So if you dont mind showering in slow motion, this place is for you. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were flat as pancakes, and the beadspread was just plain GROSS.
TV remote only worked the channels, so to adust volume or shut off TV you had to get out of the bed. Towels were very scratchy, but room was suprisingly clean. Had a lil fridge and microwave.
Continental breakfast is code for bad coffee with powered milk and a stale donut. (no joke) Crossing this place off my backup list for sure. Like I said.....$26.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bleweyz39
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I couldn't believe it! It was just awful. I booked it through Expedia at a very good rate. But when inside, the walls were filthy. The lighting in the bathroom was almost non existent. One of the lightbulbs was completely out. The door had been kicked in and the wood was missing by the door chain. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here! We left after about a half hour because it was so awful. Filthy fingerprints on bathroom door and front door. We were going to stay three nights. We got charged for one. But we're supposed to be refunded for the other two. I've never been to such an awful place. And the front facade is very deceiving. Don't let it fool you. Once inside, you'll see what I mean.

• Stayed: September 2012