“Clean and enjoyed the country setting”
Review of Ten Acres Motel

Ten Acres Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Absecon
Ten Acres Motel
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
philadelphia
“Clean and enjoyed the country setting”
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I was greeted by the owner, Jerry. The location was 10 minutes away from Atantic City. The room was clean in a country like setting. I would definately come again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nicolo45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We stayed at the Ten Acres Motel in July and had a wonderful experience. Rooms were clean, motel isclose to everything , friendly atmosphere. This place has a very country setting, which is why we loved it. The people there were very friendly and helpful. The coffee shop next store is def a bonus. The food was just like mom cooked it.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank castleflorida
North Port, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My mother-in-law passed away and we were going from Florida to PA for the funeral- our daugther lives in Galloway, NJ and so does our son's mother-in-law. We decided to stay close to both of them just in case we needed them. Our daughter suggested American owned 10 Acres Motel. I called and was quoted $60.00 for Thursday and Sunday, and $85.00 for Friday and Saturday night stays (which is typical pricing for the Jersey shore area in the summer time). But, with chain hotels you get maid service and front desk help if necessary. I asked for a non-smoking room with an extra bed just in case one of our grandchildren wanted to come and spend the night.
Our first surprise was to find a marquee with a sign that said rooms $45 and up! We arrived to find our room with a broken door lock, (we immediately told the assistant manager about the lock - we were told -oh they have to look at it and make a decision about what to do with it- and it's the weekend so-oh well), reeking of stale cigarette smoke; no hangers in the closet; dingy, dirty carpet; dark paneled walls and major electrical code violations (cable stretching around the door way, nailed to the molding; no outlets in the bathroom for hair dryers or electric razors, etc. Had to stretch my hair dryer across the dresser to reach the outlet next to the door. The air conditioning vents were positioned right over the bed with no thermostat adjustment. Everything was central air with one adjusment from someone else's room. There was a wall a/c unit which was taped over and a microwave right underneath it, tilted on a chair which was used as a table. We came back from the funeral to find ticks in the bathroom- don't ask me where they came from.
We were stressed out enough and my husband was going through a rough time with his mother's passing and I didn't want to make waves.
I went to the assistant manager (Glenn, who I just found out works for Marriott) and mentioned to him about what we found and what my complaint was - his response was "I'll pass that along". Not would you like another room, not we will give you a discount, etc. Nothing. If this guy works for Marriott in customer service he better brush up on his skills or Marriott better take a better look at who they hire.
There was no maid service, make your own bed, we had to ask for clean towels. When Glenn came to our room to give us the towels, I asked him if he could smell the smoke and he said something like -oh, yeah- I will let them know.
Today, I called the owner Jerry (whom we did not see or hear from the whole time we were there) to let him know that I was writing this review and why. When I told him my concerns like- can you prime and paint the walls maybe an off-white color and add some pretty shore pictures and maybe a light blue comforter and pull up the nasty carpet and put down linoleum so all you have to do is mop the floor? He said something to the effect that he will definitely take that under advisement. We will see
The only bright spot was a small breakfast/lunch restaurant next to the motel with decent breakfast/lunch menu and appropriate pricing for the fare they offered. Coffee was fresh and hot, eggs and bacon done to your liking.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple