Kubu Lodge
$1,331
$1,017
$971
  • Breakfast included
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$200
$146
$340
$277
Roysam Lodge(Livingstone)
$42
$29
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschobe riveron stiltslarge double bedboat cruisemosquito nettingthree nightssharonbushbuckcampsitecampinglodgedrivebotswanaguidetripsanimalslawn
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Located just outside the town of Kasane and on the banks of the Chobe, you can't ask for a better location. Sadly we only had one night there but could happily have spent a few more. The service was very friendly, the rooms were great and the food was very, good.The Lodge also organized a sunset cruise on the river for us which was also fantastic and I would certainly recommend it, you'll see more wild and bird-life in 2 hours than in an average day of game driving.
Next time I'm in kasane and need a place to stay, this is where I'm headed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great management, beautiful and private accommodation, excellent food and very friendly service. We had a wonderful stay for a very good price. Thank you to Sharon and staff - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Upon arrival, the reservation area scared me. Circa 1970, spiders crawling on the walls, dust everywhere. The cabins are much nicer, but the bedding - actually everything fabric based at the entire Kubu lodge could use to be updated. It just appeared a little shabby.

The food was all included and we found it to be very good. Lunch is whatever they are cooking and dinner is a choice of 2 entrees. Drinks are extra - alcohol or no alcohol.

The help I found to be nice to my face with a twist of f' u. If you asked questions they would answer, but seem so annoyed you asked. Get what I'm trying to say?

The lodge is a 20 min drive from the park and at 6AM in an open jeep at 80km's an hour, you are a miserable block of ice. They give you blankets but its just not enough. I had on winter attire day 2 and was still freezing. I think it would pay to stay closer to the camp to avoid that drive. However, our tour guides were always great and knowledgeable and we saw pretty much everything we wanted to see. There is great diversity in the animals you will see in Chobe. No Zebras and no Rhino's though.

Overall this is probably the only place we stayed I wouldn't recommend with flying colors. I wouldn't chase someone away though either.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 32TravelNyc
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were absolutely blown away by the game viewing experience at this lodge. The lodge has dedicated game drives in Chobe National Park and boat tours on the Chobe River. Both were excellent. We saw an incredible amount of animals. We saw literally hundreds of elephant, hippos, impala and buffalo. Also saw giraffe, baboons, kudu, crocodiles and LIONS! A whole pride of lions came out for us on a morning drive and sat in the road. Later that same day we saw a lioness making a kill directly on the bank of the river. It was totally insane.

The guides were very friendly and professional. We had a few different guides through our 3 day and each one was very good.

We were also very pleased with the lodge itself. The cabins are very nice thatched roof huts on platforms. They were very comfortable and spacoius. Ours had a view of the Chobe River.

The food was also good, but unremarkable. All meals (but not drinks) were included in the rate and had a variety of cereals, eggs cooked to order, toast, sausage, and bacon. At lunch, there was a salad buffet and then one main course (no selection). Dinner had a couple of choices for each course. On my birthday, my husband and I had a private dinner in the boma. It has a firepit and a wonderful atmosphere. The manager even went in to town to buy a cake!

Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cabins on the waterfront.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hoffm123
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was staying few days in Kubu - enjoyed every second of it. Excellent food, great accommodation and service you can dream of. Plan to come back :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo