All reviews other guests chobe national park game drives guide john the river served family style night vacation long table leads directly share stories communal dining lovely days small hotel victoria falls okavango delta family room owners and staff
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Recently stayed here with my family and we cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. Everyone was welcoming, inviting, and accommodating. The lodge is small, and my family were the only guests, but it felt completely comfortable, and a welcome change from the empty, enormous lodges you can often find during the off-season.
The rooms are comfortable, with a gorgeous view of the river. We went on a river safari arranged by the lodge, which was tremendously enjoyable. The food was also a highlight, with a creative, varying, and delicious menu.
Although a bit expensive, I'd recommend this for anyone who can afford.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

Small Friendly place. Good food and service. Tours to the chobe National park and rivertours. Can arrange trips to the Okavango Delta. We did som clay piguen shooting on an army shootingrange. The lodge is right in the river and it has a small pool. Highly recommended

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2016

English/ Español:
I stayed at the Garden Lodge for 4 nights 2 weeks ago and from the moment I called Reservations the service was OUTSTANDING (A big thank you to Marianne for her understanding and professionalism).
The place is absolutely beautiful, the food is amazing and the service went beyond my expectations. I was the only guest at the lodge and I am happy to admit I was a little bit spoilt by the staff members (I loved the idea of eating all together!).
A massive thank you to Emily and Craig for all the hard work they do and for taking so much care of myself! And another thank you to Phil for being such an amazing host!
I work in the hospitality industry and I know that smalls things and details are the ones that make the difference. Whether you are up to a relaxing time in Chobe (a lovely swimming pool and beautiful views do help) or to an adventurous time with Safaris (they organized trips to Victoria Falls, game and boat drives) the Garden Lodge is definitely the place to be!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
gardenl0dge, Owner at The Garden Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2016

Sorry I was not at the lodge when you stayed with us. not being there and reading such a lovely comment, assures me the managers and my husband are doing a great job, even when the German management is out of the house, hahaha
Maybe we will meet in person one other time.
Take care,
Gabi

Reviewed January 31, 2016

The Lodge has all the modern comforts with an old, relaxed atmosphere. The rooms were very comfortable, the food imaginative and excellent and the service very helpful and welcoming. The boat trip along the Chobe River and the game drive in Chobe National Park were excellent and our stay at the Garden Lodge made a wonderful start to animal and bird watching in Botswana. The garden down to the river was the theatre for various animals and birds to strut their stuff. If you get the opportunity to stay at the Garden Lodge, take it. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: All the rooms looked out on the river,
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline G

what a wonderful and thoughtful comment. We are chuffed to see you like what we are doing and felt comfortable, looked after and had a really great time at the lodge and in the game park. Take care,see you one other time?
Phil& Gabi

Reviewed December 23, 2015

We stayed a couple of nights at the Garden Lodge in Kasane recently. The people managing the lodge, Gabi and Philip O'Shaughnessy were magnificent hosts. We had a hiccup when the keys to the motor boat were misplaced for the afternoon cruise on the Chobe river. They arranged replacement keys from the owner and ensured that we did not miss out on the experience by extending the duration of the cruise. They also gave us complimentary bottle of wine for the inconvenience. In general both of them were very friendly and making sure that people had a great time.

Room tip: Rooms on the second floor have better views especially the ones overlooking the water
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Sorry for my late reply, but here it is.
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and have forgiven us for the hiccup of your boat cruise leaving late when kids had pinched the key off the boat. Hoping you could took good photos and great memories home with you, maybe we will see you again one day.
Phil & Gabi