All reviews game drives the river wildlife including pool bar living room buffet lunch day trip a la carte restaurant mosquito netting large bathroom beautiful setting victoria falls jeep safari boat cruise stir fry dining area restaurant staff
Reviewed May 3, 2016

We went on a day trip from Victoria Falls with Wild Horizons, but everything in Botswana was organized through Chobe Marina Lodge, which is why I am writing the review here. The transfer from the border worked fine. We had the game drive first and river cruise/safari after lunch, everything was so enjoyable and we really had a great time. We were only 4 people on this trip, so we had plenty of room in the car and boat, I think it was low season. We saw plenty of animals and also a lion. The food was also good quality. It was a very warm day and we had brought swimwear, so we asked if we could take a dip in the pool after lunch, and it was not a problem. I do not know what the rooms and other tings are like, because we did not spend the night, but from what we saw it looks like a nice hotel.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

We are delighted you enjoyed your day trip to us and that the safari and experience met with your expectations. It is always rewarding receiving such good feedback, thank you. Perhaps next time you will stay with us so you can experience our service, rooms and all personally.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

My week stay at Chobe Marina Lodge is always one I look forward to with the lovely reception from the staff and the delicious food from their kitchen. I mainly enjoy the Boat Cruise on the Chobe River where I can appreciate nature and wildlife such as Lion, Hippo, Elephant and Crocs. This time around I went on the Game Drive and went up close with the elephants and saw Lions. The atmosphere is peaceful and brings one close to nature. I felt so refreshed after the visit even though I was there on business.

Room tip: Increase wifi connectivity in the rooms. Especially as we were there on business. The connection was very weak.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Minky K

Hi Minky, it was an absolute pleasure having your group with us, we also had so much fun with your group, you made it fun, thank you. We cant wait for you to return to us again and we hope it will be in the near future. Minky, thank you for all you did while you were here and thank you for assisting us in ensuring your stay was great.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

I really loved this place. Wow! I can't wait to return. The guides and activities were awesome. The food was excellent. The views were awesome. The room was great. The laundry service is very reasonable and efficient. I can only say the best things about it. Will use again!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

This is what we aim to achieve, thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor, we so very much appreciate it. We are delighted too that you had such a fantastic stay with us and certainly hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2016

This was our second visit to the Chobe Marina Lodge and althougf our first visit was sensational, this visit topped the first one of two years ago. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The meals at the restaurant were very tasty and the menus were quite varied. I ordered a T-bone steak and was amazed at the size. I have never seen a T-bone as large as this one was, over a pound. Although I am quite the carnivore, it was all I could do to finish it. It was certainly a positive aspect of our visit that the food was so good, because this was the only place nearby to eat. Kasane is rather rural in nature, although a Spar Supermarket is in reasonable distance in one direction and a bank in the other, you are rather isolated. Service was extremely good and the staff could not do enough for us. Handicap accessible and both boat trips and games drives originate from the lodge. Free wi-fi in the lobby area.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Thank you for the excellent fee-back, this is what we aim for. It is always rewarding to get such positive feedback and I will certainly pass this onto my staff, which will inspire them to do even better. We so look forward to hosting you again and hope that it will not take another two years before it happens again. Should you decide to come our way again please contact me or my GM directly so that we can look after you.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

The toe days we spent here were very enjoyable. The suite we were allocated was first class, very comfortable and in very good condition. Room 47. The staff were helpful and very friendly and the game drives and river cruise were excellent too.
The only real downside for us was the general quality of the food. there was only impala available on both nights we were there. This is like tough lamb chops. I would have loved other game, which we had elsewhere and was first class. One breakfast, after the morning game drive, a dish I wanted had run out and was not replenished. I know such a failing has been mentioned in reviews in the past and correction promised by the GM!!! It is a great location if a little overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Dear Geoff, thank you for taking the time to rate Chobe Marina Lodge and your stay on Trip Advisor. I have taken note of your comments and will attend to these personally. With regards to game / venison meat it must be noted that even though we are in the middle of so much game this commodity is not easily come by and is brought in from outside of the Chobe area, so we are very reliant on what is available at any given time, we do however try and secure whatever venison that does come into town for the very same reason you mentioned. We do hope that you will again visit us in the near future.