All reviews game drives the river wildlife including pool bar living room buffet lunch day trip a la carte restaurant mosquito netting large bathroom beautiful setting victoria falls jeep safari boat cruise stir fry dining area restaurant staff
Reviewed April 18, 2016

This was our second visit to the Chobe Marina Lodge and althougf our first visit was sensational, this visit topped the first one of two years ago. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The meals at the restaurant were very tasty and the menus were quite varied. I ordered a T-bone steak and was amazed at the size. I have never seen a T-bone as large as this one was, over a pound. Although I am quite the carnivore, it was all I could do to finish it. It was certainly a positive aspect of our visit that the food was so good, because this was the only place nearby to eat. Kasane is rather rural in nature, although a Spar Supermarket is in reasonable distance in one direction and a bank in the other, you are rather isolated. Service was extremely good and the staff could not do enough for us. Handicap accessible and both boat trips and games drives originate from the lodge. Free wi-fi in the lobby area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Thank you for the excellent fee-back, this is what we aim for. It is always rewarding to get such positive feedback and I will certainly pass this onto my staff, which will inspire them to do even better. We so look forward to hosting you again and hope that it will not take another two years before it happens again. Should you decide to come our way again please contact me or my GM directly so that we can look after you.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

The toe days we spent here were very enjoyable. The suite we were allocated was first class, very comfortable and in very good condition. Room 47. The staff were helpful and very friendly and the game drives and river cruise were excellent too.
The only real downside for us was the general quality of the food. there was only impala available on both nights we were there. This is like tough lamb chops. I would have loved other game, which we had elsewhere and was first class. One breakfast, after the morning game drive, a dish I wanted had run out and was not replenished. I know such a failing has been mentioned in reviews in the past and correction promised by the GM!!! It is a great location if a little overpriced.

Date of stay: April 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Dear Geoff, thank you for taking the time to rate Chobe Marina Lodge and your stay on Trip Advisor. I have taken note of your comments and will attend to these personally. With regards to game / venison meat it must be noted that even though we are in the middle of so much game this commodity is not easily come by and is brought in from outside of the Chobe area, so we are very reliant on what is available at any given time, we do however try and secure whatever venison that does come into town for the very same reason you mentioned. We do hope that you will again visit us in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Everything was BEYOND comprehension..fabulous!
The service, food, accommodations were excellent. The views and sundowner cruises, the entertainment....again..fabulous! We had such a relaxing time and enjoyed everything from morning til night. We had a wonderful barbecue one evening with such a great variety of food and desserts....wish we had room to eat more....and believe me, we ate! Oh, let me not forget to mention the wine! Everything was fabulous...
Need I say more?

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review, this is the reason we do what we do, so our guests can have the most amazing time and share that with us, it is so rewarding, thank you. It would be fantastic to welcome you back for a repeat visit sometime and when you do we hope to ensure you have as good a stay as you did this time.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

The staff are extremely helpful and the service is great, the rooms are clean and are made up promptly, there is variety of the food on the menu, and the lawn was well cut and neat. I did not like tthe physical keys o the rooms. The location is a walking distance from all amenities.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

We at Chobe Marina Lodge appreciate your feedback, and are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking at ways to change from keys to key cards, this is being debated at present. We are ideally situated and we pride ourselves in keeping our gardens neat and lush.

Reviewed April 3, 2016

This was the most wonderful lodge. The accommodations were great. The hospitality & food were also fantastic. I would highly recommend everyone to stay there. I even received a Birthday duet by the staff & Malcolm that made me so..ooo happy. I could have stayed longer.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Malcolm R, Chief Operating Officer at Chobe Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

It was great hosting your group and we loved sharing your special birthday with us at Chobe Marina Lodge, thank you for the wonderful feedback, we re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.