1,330 results
All reviews the river game drives dinner cruise private boat activities office national park buffet style vervet monkeys safari lodge victoria falls breakfast and dinner stir fry reception area day trip dining area main building water buffalo
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Chobe Safari lodge for 2 nights in one of their upper rooms.

The rooms are very spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The mosquito nets could have been hung up in a smarter way, if you would use them they hang a bit in your face, but we didn't use them as the airco works great. There's also a fan.
The bathroom had a toilet in a separate room. Also a shower cabin and a bath.
As we had one of the upper rooms, we had a balcony, could have been overlooking the gardens where warthogs can be seen, but the view existed almost only out of the tree in front of our house. The rooms on ground level had a small terrace.

The quality of the food was a bit mixed. The buffet offered plenty of choice, but the food that was ready to eat was ok at best. I would recommend choosing the fresh made food, as it was significantly more tasteful.

The lodge has over 80 rooms and that is a bit too big for my taste. Sometimes it felt it was run more like just another hotel and staff just did their work, it didn't feel special. That said, I must admit I've been on several more luxury safaris, so I might be a bit spoiled.

I believe it's a good place for first time safari goers or to start your safari to Chobe, although you do not stay in the park itself, the gate is a 5-10 minute drive.

The activities are organised in cooperation with Bush Tracks. At the lodge is a booking office where you can sign up for gamedrives or boat trips. The organisation of the activities was ok, although there wasn't that much what made it special. It was all about efficiency. Get as much people on the boat or in the vehicle, follow the program and make sure to be back at the lodge on time. It's understandable, but shouldn't be pointed out so much by the guides.

I might sound a bit critic, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my time at the lodge and in Chobe. We did see many elephants, giraffes, lions, hippos, warthogs, impala, etc etc. Therefore, it's a nice place, but not too special.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LarsStuifbergen
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

Such a wonderful location with Chobe Safari Park so close. But the food was mediocre at best! Staff could be surly and very unhelpful and you had to be very patient when waiting for meals. However, rooms were lovely and the setting is fantastic!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderer102684
Reviewed April 18, 2016

We enjoyed our stay here in rooms that were perfect for a family with 9 and 11 year old kids. A fantastic pool and really good food on offer at mealtimes. The organised trips were a bit a hit and miss as what our travel agent had booked was not what we got but in fairness the management tried to sort it our and give a discount.

This pace was build in 1959 and there is no doubt that there are areas that need upgraded but we were very pleased with what we got for our money. We were also very pleased with. the quality of the food on offer which we thought was excellent as were the attentive staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PaulGoodwin3
Reviewed April 18, 2016

The Chobe River Lodge is nestled on the banks of the Chobe River with some spectaculars views of the sunrises. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable and noticed that some of the rooms were busy been refurbished while there. The lodge is massive and activities can be booked at the lodge. Enjoyed the buffet breakfasts and dinners however there were some nice restaurants in nearby vicinity as well to mix it up. Airport is a short drive and a day visit to the Vic-falls is really a stone throw away.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Three decades ago, while travelling overland from Cairo to Cape, I had camped there for the first time. In regular intervals I came back, every time the service had improved, the amenities have become more luxurious, without compromising the feel of the “wild Africa”!
I still love the setting, the marvellous views and the Fish Eagle Cruise is still, after 33 years in Africa, a special highlight of my travels in Africa!
The buffet dinner was wonderful and the packed breakfast just superb! It kept us going until Francistown.
Special thanks to Evelyn Mwezi, who handled my last minute booking from Malawi with such courtesy!
I will definitely recommend Chobe Safari Lodge to my overseas visitors and friends.

Room tip: Ask for a room with river view!
Date of stay: January 2016