The Old House
$1,331
$1,017
$987
  • Breakfast included
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$200
$146
$340
$277
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspub foodthe riversmall balconyguesthouse offersnice decorationchobe national parkvictoria fallscurio shoptwo twin bedsgame drivescouple nightsbreakfast was includeda great place to staythe restaurant bar areaboth dinner and breakfasthome away from homewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Very nice people, owners and some staff from South Africa. Not many rooms, but at under $100 USD the price is right for this safari area. Food is very nice. Only negative issue is that they are able to keep their advertised prices low because unlike other hotels in the area they have a surprise for their guests in the morning - breakfast not included (this of course brings the price to the level to some of the other hotels in town).

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Al H
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had a great week at The Old House.The staff felt like friends by the end of the week, and went out of their way for us. The food was good and affordable, I loved the ribs and chicken livers, my friends loved the pizza. It has quirky decor, so is not your typical African safari vibe. That might put foreigners off, but as a local I thought it was different in a good way, and my 3 tourist friends loved it too. It has river frontage, a small swimming pool, and warthogs grazing in the garden while you have breakfast on the very cool restaurant/bar deck. there are no TV's in the rooms, but there is TV in the bar so you won't miss any important sport events :). Besides, who wants to be inside when you're on the Chobe River? It was spotless, fulfilled all our needs, was great value, and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not face the road
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank TazMc
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at The Old House with my husband and two young children at the suggestion of a friend who lives in Botswana. It was a very nice place, and I would go there again, given the chance. We were picked up and dropped off at the airport, and booked trips to Victoria Falls, two game drives at Chobe National Park, and a river cruise through the guest house.

The rooms were immaculate (maybe the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever seen), the beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms very nice. The staff were very kind to my two kids, who ran amok during the four days we were there. The restaurant is pub food, but was quite good, especially the red chili concoction they serve with pizza. My children were thrilled with the wandering warthogs in the back garden and I loved the sunsets over the Chobe River.

There's no Internet, and the pool is tiny, but it's not a big hotel, so that's to be expected. Make sure you book your trips well in advance, and you should have a brilliant time here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, because the ones in front overlook the street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank afhaley
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Old House actually has new rooms, which come with great showers, aircon and coffee/thea making facilities. Good beds and great service. There is a very nice restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the beer is always cold! Great staff and central location, a few minutes walk from supermarkets and internetcafe. The pizzas are fantastic! You can also book 3/4-hour trips to the Chobe NP (early morning) and along the Chobe River (late afternoon) with them at very affordable prices and with reputable guides and in good boats (unlike the huge ones from some places, which are more for booze cruises!). Best value in Kasane for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank MichaelBurm
Reviewed November 9, 2011

There are not a lot of mid-range choices in Kasane, so when I booked here I was not real sure what I was going to get. But, I was pleasantly suprised when I arrived since the rooms was much nicer than I had expected. It was a clean and modern room, with nice sheets, and a good size bathroom. I had one of the rooms that faces toward the back of the property, which was nice, but a little noisy since it faces the restaurant/bar area and I'm a light sleeper. Also, there are not a lot of dining options in Kasane, so a lot of people come here for their meals. It has a good enough selection, but has more focus on pub food. Overall, the atmosphere here is casual. The Old House also offers both land-based and water-based tours of Chobe National Park and the Chobe River. Depending on how many people are staying here, you will either go with the owner or one of the staff, and if there are not enough people then they will arrange to have you go with another lodge or tour. This is typical of how things work in Kasane. My personal view is that their guides are better and more informative than when I went with other operators. They also have a small gift shop on the property. They are within easy walking distance of a grocery store, internet cafe and the post office. One nice thing is that they accept credit cards for charging the room, meals and the tours. Overall, I had good experience here and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo