We just stopped here for 1 night traveling through to asuncion from la Paz . We hired a double room (room #4) with ensuite shower which was brilliant. The pro,s and negatives of this place:
- very clean place
- awesome hot showers
- great breakfast
- pool is nice but the water was so cold don't expect to go swimming.
- can watch free DVD,s
- good security
- location. Although the hostel website mentions its a 15 minute walk in fact it is much longer to the center.
- website mentions its a dollar into town but in fact it's 12-15 bolivianos which adds up if your doing several trips.
- bit rich that the book exchange requires 2 books for one book, obviously this is seen as a money making scheme.
- hostel is a bit exy, we paid 220 bolivianos for a double , this is quite a lot for Bolivia
- Internet is sporadic to say the least.
Other than this good place to bridge a trip if your traveling through and a good place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want a couple of days chilling in the sun by the pool this is the perfect hostel for you! Come visit our backpacker luxury.The hostel started in 2006 and has established a well-balanced between fun and relaxation. We go according to the guests staying, if you want to have fun and party, we organized BBQ's by the pool “all you can drink and eat” for everyone to meet and have a good time. If you want to rest and relax just watching movies or having a drink at the poolside bar you can also do so. We have years of experience running a confortable, secure and spotlessly clean place with lots of tourist information for your travel. We are not the cheapest place in Santa Cruz, but definitely the best one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Jodanga Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.