Senses Boutique Hotel
Hotel Bibosi(Santa Cruz)
Senses Centro(Santa Cruz)
Hotel Alaska(Santa Cruz)
  • Room Service
Hotel Viru Viru(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
Hotel Arenal(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Las Americas Hotel(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Hotel Tropical Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationplaza principalpeople watchthe nicest placetaxi waitinghot waternice bathroomrooms are spaciouscathedralbolivia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Senses is a nice, clean modern hotel right in downtown Santa Cruz next to Plaza Principal. The plaza is clean safe and well lit. The staff is very nice and accommodating, rooms are clean and the location is great. All in all I great little hotel in the middle of the city.

Room Tip: Nice, clean, modern hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here Sunday April 27, 2014. I was "supposed" to stay 4 nights but only stayed 1. I checked out this hotel last time I was in Santa Cruz in February 2014. It looked really good to me and the room they showed in February looked nice. WELLLLLLLL, different story when I finally stayed there April 27.

GOOD - Location, centrally located in the center plaza near tourist trap shops and with a Burger King right across the street. Breakfast was ok (but check my other comments about breakfast under poor).

POOR - When I arrived late Sunday I was taken to a room that looked really nice. Big room, king size bed, large bathroom, AC seemed to work fine and "safe" in the room was functioning. I started to put my clothes away and then I noticed: about every 3-5 minutes a noise that would not allow you to sleep would happen every 3-5 minutes, it was like a groaning noise that would last about 15 seconds and then a quiet "bang". I went down to the lobby and asked for them to change my room, "of course they did not believe me". They sent the bellboy to my room to see if "indeed there was a noise", and of course there WAS a noise that WAS bothersome. The bellboy said it was probably the AC system from another room. After waiting in the lobby for about 15 minutes they give me another room. This room had two double beds in it, not the king size I wanted, it did not look as nice as they room I had to leave. When I tried to use the safe to put my documents in it, the safe was "closed" and I could not open it. I went down to the lobby to ask them to open the safe for me. In the lobby there were two men complaining there was "NO Hot Water" available. Reception said "they were working on it....................., hah" ! At that moment I decided that I would not be staying anymore nights here and I informed reception. Went back to the room to try and sleep that night it was already about 12:45am. I turned ON the AC in this room, another surprise. The thermostat did not work and you could not control the temperature or fan speed. It was either full blast cold or OFF, I did not sleep well after many hours of air travel ! Breakfast- while it was ok, getting to the breakfast room area was a joke. There were NO elevators available, you had to climb numerous stairs to get to an average at best breakfast, it was not handicapped accessible. WELLLLLL, there was NO hot water for me to bathe the next morning. I had to use a wet towel and clean myself off. My decision the night before to leave was correct, many other people in the lobby complaining about the hot water. Management apologized which I accepted, but I have to report the awful truth about this place. I left that morning and stayed elsewhere the next 3 nights. While this is far from my worse hotel experience, I cannot recommend anyone staying at this hotel. This hotel is relatively new and already showing it's shoddy construction and poor maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainKuddles
Reviewed April 22, 2014

we stayed at this hotel in december 2013. we enjoyed completely everything. hotel is located at great location right in the citycenter and the view from the rooftop restaurant is amazing. rooms are spacious and very well equipped. staff is very professional and helpful and we will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Senses is a low rise hotel located at the only real place you will want to be in this city of congested streets shared by buses and nondescript shops and ramshackle booths of clothing vendors. Senses is at the very heart of the Santa Cruz city center on the central plaza, which is the only place you will want to spend anytime within the city center. If you are in Santa Cruz at all, it is probably not because you chose it as a tourist destination-- you are there for some definite reason, business or transit need. Senses has several virtues of its own making, and several challenges over which it has no control. The virtues are security, cleanliness, friendliness and the only location of any architectural interest. The challenges are traffic congestion and the relative impoverishment of the whole city center. Senses is about the best you can do for accommodations as a visitor in Santa Cruz. Beyond the Plaza, don't expect to find nice little restaurants and cafes, as they are few and far between-- except on the plaza itself. The staff is very friendly and project that they really care about you, and are at the ready to offer you any help and assistance they can. My luxury suite facing the Plaza was really spectacular, with floor to ceiling glass throughout. It was clean to western standards with very nice furniture and lamps so I could use lighting to enhance the atmosphere even more. It had two nice flat screens (without HBO and other premium channels) with adequate English programing. The stylishly furnished lobby is spacious and stimulating, and has doorways directly into the galleria with restaurants on the ground floor and on the roof-- the rooftop bar and restaurants is the nicest place and best view I found anywhere in the city. The bathroom was luxurious and clean. The bedroom area was large and comfortable, and the whole unit had air conditioning that worked pretty well, and you would be overcome by the heat if it wasn't there. Sense also had a very nice business center with conference room table, phones and computers. If you are going to be in the city for some reason for more than a few nights and need more space, there are some good apartment-hotels (such as the Terrasol on Aromas Street). But if you are going to be in Santa Cruz for only a few nights and just need a nice place to stay, I strongly recommend you stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be really friendly when you check in, and let them know you are there because you were looking for the best hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank LLFauntleroy
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great. large comfortable rooms with big beds. Clean showers. Flat screen TV. Great restaurant at the hotel. The best possible location in Santa Cruz. Service was good as it gets. I neeed to go for business to Santa Cruz once a year and this is my favorite place in Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Few dollars of gratuity would mean a lot to people working at the front desk or anywhere else in the hotel. It def makes a difference and you will be treated like a king.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business