“Not good if it is full of people attending conferences”

Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Santa Cruz for 4 days. The Hotel had a group of young football players from Bolivia and Australia, For that reason, the restaurant did not have the time to prepare food for the other travelers and even breakfast was served in specific times. After the group left, on my last night at 9 pm I heard a couple asking for restaurant service and they said it was already closed.
Hotel is well located for my activities and room was very clean. I would provide softer toilet paper.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosa M
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest
Our Restaurant service: Breakfast from 7:00- 10:00; Lunch Time (Monday to Friday): 12:00-14:30.
For dinner we have Pizza delivery from 16:00 to 22:00.May be you required our service at other times.
Regards

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our 20-year old daughter planned to overnight at the airport in Santa Cruz, but the local consulate didn't think that was a good idea so we booked a room at the Hotel LP and it worked out marvelously. They sent their driver, Carlos, to pick her up at the airport at 1 am and the next day he not only drove her to the bus station but went inside to help her buy her ticket and he cautioned her about her exposed iPhone, etc.

Claire said the welcome at hotel reception was gracious and the room was clean, quiet and modern. Many thanks to the Hotel LP for starting our daughter off right in beautiful Bolivia.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MoCro
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night stopover. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport and about 800m from the center of the city. It is fairly new and furnished very simply but the beds are comfortable. There is a mini-bar and desk area but the main attraction was the air conditioning.

There is little around the hotel in terms of places to eat, but take away pizza is available if you do not want to go out.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Audles
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The hotel is fairly basic and doesn't have a very warm decor. I'm not sure the cold, clinical look and feel of the hotel was a consequence of not having the money to dress it up a little or because they had a bad interior designer. The manager likes to call the look "minimalist," I would call it stark and unappealing.

My main problem with the hotel, like the headline of this post says, is that it's not close to anything in SC and it's in a pretty tawdry part of town. There is a football stadium of some sort across the street.

I went out quite a few times while there and every single time upon returning to the hotel, the taxi driver had a hard time finding the hotel even though I had the street address written on a piece of paper (and I speak Spanish). Although the hotel's business card was available at the front desk complete with a city map and location printed on the back side, the map was for the hotel's other property in La Paz! I didn't realize this until I had already left the hotel one evening with the card and was preparing to return after a long night in town.

On the bright side, the price was right and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. But I probably won't stay there again. I'm pretty much sold on the Hotel Cortez.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank silly101
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at LP twice whilst in Santa Cruz – once in a regular room and once in a suite. In Santa Cruz, I’d previously stayed in very low budget and very high end hotels, and LP compared very favorably to both on value and overall experience.

The suite had a very large bed and floor-to-ceiling windows, flooding the room with sunshine. We also made use of the Jacuzzi bath (several times) which made for a very relaxing stay. Otherwise, facilities were modest but well presented. We had a small mini bar, air con and a decent selection of channels on the TV.

The overall look of the hotel is very modern, with white tiles dominating most spaces. This makes it look somewhat Spartan but it also highlights the cleanliness of the space – not always guaranteed in this city.

The breakfast buffet was varied and generous, and we made the most of it. Overall, I’d give LP a thumbs-up and if my travels take me back to SCZ, I’ll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NY_LON_Traveller
Reviewed March 10, 2012

It was our first time in Santa Cruz (my husband was adopted from here so it was his first time that he had visited) and we could not have had a better reception than being greeted by Carlos at the airport. He made us feel so welcome and dispute us not speaking a lot of Spanish we managed to communicate with each other, His warm welcome definitely put us at ease. On arrival to the hotel, it was clean and cool with fast check in. On our first night we stayed in one of the suites, which was a great size. Due to a last minute change to one of our flights we had to cancel our next night here which the staff did extremely quickly without any fuss or charge. On our return to Santa Cruz we stayed in a standard room, which I would recommend over the suite, as it was quieter than the suite we stayed in (suite is on the corner of the building and the traffic noise was fairly loud at certain times). We will definitely be back to Santa Cruz and would stay here again as it was excellent value for money and comfortable.

Room Tip: I would recommend a standard room rather than the suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaWelinder
Reviewed March 7, 2012

It was my first time in Santa Cruz, and wasn't too sure where to stay. After checking the internet for a while I decided to settle for Hotel LP SC. The overall experience wasn't bad at all.
I arrived with 7 hrs delay, and the person at reception on arrival was fast and checking in (at 3:00am) was fast and managed to get into my room in 5 minutes from arrival.
Room was basic, but clean. Mini bar was fully stocked.
Breakfast was good, fresh fruit, cakes, breads, cheese, cold meats, eggs and various cereals. And Bolivian coffee!!
The hotel is not in the centre of town, but either walking or 5min by car you are there. Area is quiet, as it's a residential area.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fbenettolo
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
Our fresh Bolivian coffee will be waiting on your next visit.
Regards