“Basic but clean and friendly staff”

Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Basic but clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

It was my first time in Santa Cruz, and wasn't too sure where to stay. After checking the internet for a while I decided to settle for Hotel LP SC. The overall experience wasn't bad at all.
I arrived with 7 hrs delay, and the person at reception on arrival was fast and checking in (at 3:00am) was fast and managed to get into my room in 5 minutes from arrival.
Room was basic, but clean. Mini bar was fully stocked.
Breakfast was good, fresh fruit, cakes, breads, cheese, cold meats, eggs and various cereals. And Bolivian coffee!!
The hotel is not in the centre of town, but either walking or 5min by car you are there. Area is quiet, as it's a residential area.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fbenettolo
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
Our fresh Bolivian coffee will be waiting on your next visit.
Luis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I give this hotel high marks for its value for price, its attentive staff, clean and bright atmosphere, and good design and materials. The rooms have great flexibility in light and air quality. Each room has a large area of window, in may cases the whole outside wall is a window. Yet, at least on the street side, one is completely private due to a "screen" placed on the outside of the window. There are full length shades to block sunlight if desired. There is one large pane which opens to provide fresh air. There is also an effective, quiet A/C which you can operate by remote. Beds are fine, linens OK - not luxurious. Bathroom design is simple and clean. Good LCD TV and Minibar. WiFi worked without a hitch and was free. Breakfast has variety, good coffee, and is in a very peasant setting. We stayed for a week and changed rooms 2 times, so we met many staff members. Each staff member was outstanding in his or her particular function. Taxis are always available. A few good restaurants and main shopping areas within walking distance. Tourist area (Plaza and Artisanal market) a bit further.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SVL_56
From me an my Team anly 2 words ...Thank You
Our fresh Bolivian coffee will be waiting on your next visit.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed just for 1 night. Very tired from the airplane trip we decided to take a nap between 6pm to 7pm, but a regional band was rehersaling in the room next to ours... We called the front desk but they weren't very willing to help us resolve the situation...

Room Tip: The rooms that are close to the main avenue are very noisy...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room to you on a different floor....they didnt do it...
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Bolivia was most enjoyable.
London, England
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here - the rooms are lovely, the amenities are excellent and the staff are friendly. Be sure to have your paperwork in order and with you to avoid paying more than you should.

The breakfast was very nice. Location wise it is a little far from the plaza but still a pretty decent location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hayleyredfrog
Thank you.
These reviews help us to see that our work is rewarded.
Bogota
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Honestly, this is the best hotel you can find in Santa Cruz for that price.
this is my qualification and opinion
Room : 10........Nothing to discuss, AC, minibar, desktop, LCD and a comfortable bathroom and bed.
Attention. 10 ... People are always ready to help and make you feel the best.
Location. 9 ...... Walking like 10 minutes from turistic area. Also there is mall close to Hotel (3 blocks)
Restaurant. 9..... You have breakfast including in the rate. The only problem is restaurant is not working at nights.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jairoedg
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 15, 2012

the place is clean . considering bolivian standards.
American style, everything tends to be automatic or so ... (doesnt matter !)

more for business traveler, .... cheap/ short stays . good breakfast
good beds, white clean sheets everyday ... etc

front desk ? they didn t find my booking, ...
they told me that it is not paid ...and maybe i have to pay again?, ... wow !

tv is a small ¨LCD computer monitor attached to the wall¨ .
international phone calls veeeeery expensive

Maybe there are other options with similar price, if you book with anticipation, and a happy holiday .

no trendy area around , pubs, bars, entertainment, etc. Nothing

no swimming pool
no restaurant on weekends
no sauna, ...
looking for fun in the stay? ::: it is not the place, - the room, or the street

best point? price and 3 blocks away from cine center srz ::::: good food and cinema

Room Tip: to add fun to your stay with a cheap price , select the suite with jacuzzi
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank titogerman17
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I made a reservation with Expedia for two nights at this hotel at a rate of US$69.33 plus $11.09 taxes total US$80.42/night supposed to be the lowest available non-refundable rate. When I checked in at 10pm on Friday Jan 7th/2012 the hotel had not received my reservation from Expedia and they took me in as a walk-in and offered a rate of BO$359 about US$52 per night tax included that was US$28.50/night less than Expedia quoted, worth mentioning that while I was checking in the front desk clerk quoted someone else who called on the phone an even lower rate of BO$339/night tax included. The next day I spoke to the manager a white lady with glasses and explained to her I rather stayed as a walk-in and I called Expedia to cancel and she said to me that if Expedia called she would agree to the cancellation. Sunday at 6am when I checked out the manager was nowhere to be found and she had changed my booking in their system back to Expedia thus I was no longer a walk-in and they kept the reservation made by Expedia at the higher rate. That is horrible business practice and I demanded a refund from Expedia for the difference they overcharged me plus the taxes that don't apply either as they are included in the hotels rate and after seven phone calls to Expedia and needless anger I finally got a supervisor to agree to refund the difference to me. With regards to the property it is a nice place for business travelers that just need a nice bed to sleep and a quick breakfast. There is hardly an employee around at this place, one guard at the door and one clerk at the front desk that takes forever to answer the phone. There was a drunk guest pounding the door of the room in front of mine at 3am and nobody answered at the front desk when I called to complain. Last my reservation was for a queen size bed and the room came with two twin size beds side by side and they had nothing else to offer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alex R
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz Centro, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.Our rates depend on the occupation of day, availability, place from which you make a booking.The rate they offer you is rate that you only have if you make the booking directly with us and at the same day, its like a last minute rate.Our Front Desk manager couldnt eliminate the reservation,because Expedia must do it. We talked to the Front Desk staff in order to have a better control of noises from other rooms.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope thatthe remainder of your trip to Bolivia was most enjoyable.
Luis