Las Olas
Hotel Las Kantutas(Copacabana)
Hotel Wendy Mar(Copacabana)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubround bedthe ownerla cupulasnailssmall kitchenetteamazing viewsfun place to staythree levelswood burning stoveunique placekitchen areaprivate terracetwo floorsworth the splurgehuge windowsbook in advance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel was by far one of the best on my two month trip to South America. The views over Lake Titicaca were just beautiful. I had bungalow number 6 which was great - a huge bigger than double bed inside the room, a hammock inside and outside the room, kitchen, two showers in the bathroom... the only downside was the wifi didnt quite reach my bungalow. The closest I could catch it was in the garden of bungalow number 4. The bed was comfortable, shower was hot and with good pressure, the room was clean and there was also an electric heater or two inside the room. I was even surprised to find a small hairdryer in the bathroom. They threw in breakfast for me at their sister hotel next door, la cupula. I had beautiful fresh orange juice there. Location wise it was just a 10 minute walk from the main town centre. You can walk to the hotel where the bus will drop you off. A taxi will otherwise cost you 10bolivianos maximum. I paid 25USD per night as I was only one person. Bolivia in general is excellent value for money and if you are heading to Argentina or Brazil afterwards, make the most of it. I would not look elsewhere and was really lucky a room was available for me (if it isnt you can stay at La Cupula which is their sister hotel next door - reviews of this are good too but I still prefer this one). They also had an outside hot tub in the gardens overlooking the lake - supposed to be amazing, a shame I didnt get time to use it. If you are also going to Argentina afterwards, withdraw dollars with you as you will get a better exchange rate converting them into pesos than taking them out of an ATM. People said to me that there isnt an ATM in Copacabana but I believe there were 1 or 2.

The other places I stayed at in my trip where I would also recommend without any hesitation are those where I have awarded 5 stars. If someone had recommended these places to me I would have saved a lot of time researching so I'd be more than happy to help future travellers. I had a great trip to South America and these places were the best I stayed. If you would like any info or have any questions, please let me know.

Room Tip: I was in bungalow number 6 which was great - I'm sure they all are. The wifi didnt quite reach mine, I would have to stand outside near the garden of number 4 to catch onto the wifi signal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here as a couple age 30 for 4 nights in december. As the reviews all say, its amazing. There were just a couple of things - the reception was rarely manned (though you could ring a bell for service) so not easy to pop in and ask for help. There was no english spoken. We reserved the jacuzzi (which you must pay extra B$15 each to use) as a birthday treat but they forgot to fill it. We did ask them about 3 times in the day! We were in room 3 and in heavy rain most days it sprung several leaks, nothing major. We didnt really mind but we used a towel to quieten the drip from the fire flue onto the metal fireplace (it was keeping us awake at 3am), and just as we were leaving on our 4th day a member of staff came over to find us and told us we had ruined his towels. Left us with a bitter taste.

Room Tip: 1 and 2 are joined, look lovely, on 2 floors and both sleep 4 i think. Room 3 was ours on 1 floor could sleep 4 or 5, also lovely. Room 4 = turtle, families stayed here looked great. As numbers of rooms increase so does distance from reception. 7 is quite by its self, and 6 is on the end i think.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

It is clear from the start why this place gets good reviews. We are a couple and had a three storey house to ourselves. Completely clean, newly painted, teas/coffees provided, hammock room, comfy beds and the view!! However the main reason we wanted to write a review is the way the management dealt with a certain situation- we want to give credit where it is due. We gave las olas laundry service an enormous amount of laundry after our travels through Peru. A few items came back discoloured and when we said it to the management at the end, the way they dealt with the issue was more than satisfactory. This place is a must do if you are staying in copacabana. Worth every penny!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just stayed for the 3rd time in las olas.This time i tried no 5 apartment el cielo. Its a 3 bed place, 1 huge double bed downstairs and a 1 and half size bed up some wooden stairs. Bathroom huge and hot showers. Hammock inside the cabin and 2 more outside.. with breathtaking views of the lake. The owners cat climbed through the window and wanted to stay the night with us ! The best place to experience copacabana and escape the town centre which is not so nice. They are currently building number 8 on the cabins, snail shell design which they say will be open for may 2013 !

Room Tip: Number 7 the tower is in the most demand as the newest, but dont despair if its booked out as numbers 3 to 6 are almost just as good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Superhuey
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our apartment had a mezzanine level with a double & a single bed upstairs plus a hammock. Downstairs was the bathroom & a double bed which wasn't the most comfortable. The trek up to the rooms was a bit of a challenge with all the bags as its really steep. Being very picky - The kitchenette was tiny & understocked with no fridge & the towels were threadbare but all this could be overlooked when you sat & looked out of the enormous windows onto the lake.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family